No announcement yet.

Dead Boy Detectives (HBO Max)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Boy Detectives (HBO Max)

HBO Max has announced the pilot for a series based on the DC Characters from Dead Boy Detectives and the timing has left it unclear whether it might be a Doom Patrol spin-off. The “Dead Boy Detectives” comics is one of DC’s lesser-known properties that originated in the early 1990s and has made relatively few appearances. The new show is set to bring the characters further into the public consciousness and could be part of expanding the Doom Patrol universe after season 3
    https://screenrant.com/dead-boy-dete...ction-spinoff/

I just finished watching the third episode of season three and I instantly recognized the potential of a spin off series and just did a quick google search without even realizing that one was already in the works. I liked the trio that would lead the series (hope they don’t recast them) I like their chemistry. I guess it is just as obscure as Doom Patrol but, the episode definitely had my interest peaked.

Comment

The “Dead Boy Detectives” pilot at HBO Max has found its main cast, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.
      George Rexstrew, Jayden Revri (“The Lodge”), and Kassius Nelson (“Last Night in Soho,” “Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events”) will star in the three lead roles.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/dea...66d8e89b36697d

I figured that they would recast the leads from the Doom Patrol episode. Not everything has to be a shared universe so it’ll be nice to have a stand alone series where it can go anywhere.

Comment

It is too bad they recasted the two leads. One was David Tennant's stepson and the other was recently on Heartstopper which was so good. But, we'll see how the new people turn out. I'm excited to see it!

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎