Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall Out!!!

The first woman to play the Time Lord will bow out in Autumn 2022, along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.

Whittaker will star in a new six-part series later this year, and three specials next year, before she exits.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertain...s-57940451.amp

Been saying it from the start: Jodie will do three series and then leave. Just like Capaldi, Smith, Tennant, McCoy (even if that wasn't intentional), Davison, Troughton and Hartnell (though, that was heavily motivated by his health).

Chibnall I can't say that I'm sad to see go. As it is with most things, the problems with Jodie's era had to do with the writing. I just hope that Chiball's replacement is a better writer.

Comment

The It's A Sin writer says he is "beyond excited" to resume the role he filled from 2005 to 2009.

Screenwriter Russell T Davies is to take charge again of Doctor Who, the sci-fi show he helped revive in 2005.

Davies, who was the fantasy drama's showrunner until 2009, will take over when Chris Chibnall departs next year.

"I'm beyond excited to be back on my favourite show," said Davies, who resumes his role as the show prepares to mark its 60th anniversary in 2023.

Comment

No idea of whom they might cast as the 14th Doctor. Though, since the RTD announcement, I keep coming back to Lydia West. She's been in two of his recent projects: Years and Years and It's a Sin. Of course, just because she's worked with him a few times, doesn't mean that she'll even be considered for the part. At the same time, David Tennant's starred in RTD's 2005 mini series Casanova, shortly before being cast as the 10th Doctor. In 2003, Christopher Eccleston starred in The Second Coming, created by... Russell T. Davies. Jodie Whittaker starred in Chibnall's Broadchurch. So, there is a recurring element of producers going for an actor that they've recently worked with. Naturally, Matt Smith hadn't worked with Moffat before, but he had come in to audition for Sherlock (where he caught Moffat's attention). Regardless, three out of five modern Doctors had recently worked with the show's producer, when they were cast as the Doctor.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 10-03-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎