No announcement yet.

Flash #7.18 "Heart of the Matter, Part 2" SEASON FINALE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash #7.18 "Heart of the Matter, Part 2" SEASON FINALE

Talk about the July 20 season finale of The Flash here!
    10 - Full of Heart
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'll Impulsively say no
    0%

Love that lightning swordfight.

Comment

The first 32 minutes were the best season finale this show has done since season 2. And the culmination of Cavanagh's Thawne returning to fight alongside Barry against Godspeed (with LightningSabers, no less) was freaking epic! Tom had to be in this episode. After misleading the fans about him being a regular this season, the show has barely used him after the first 4 episodes. So seeing him in the finale, even for a few minutes, was only right. And I love the fact that they didn't wrap up Thawne's arc. He will always be around in some form to be Barry's arch nemesis. It also means that next season he will appear here and there (whether he's played by Cavanagh or Letscher is another matter).

The last 10 minutes slowed down (pun intended) this episode quite a bit. I didn't hate them, but it just felt less like a season finale at that point. On the other hand, I can acknowledge their good intentions for doing the vow renewal. It is a well known fact that Olicity hijacked Barry and Iris wedding at the end of the Earth-X crossover. So they never got a proper ceremony, something unfair to WestAllen fans. Also, I liked that Barry got married with the dopplegangers of his parents looking on. I still don't get how they can be alive due to the new multiverse not having any dopplegangers, but it was a nice moment for a character as tormented as Barry.

All in all, this season started out roughly due to the abrupt ending of season 6, but once the Mirrorverse arc ended, season 7 went from strength to strength. Eric Wallace likes breaking down the seasons in 2 graphic novels. The first one was about the Cosmic Forces. It had a ton of potential but IMO the lack of CGI budget and the emphasis on WestAllen as parents stopped this storyline from being as good as it should have been. And the last factor especially is mind boggling considering that the 2nd graphic novel would also focus on WestAllen as parents. Anyway, the Godspeed storyline was a different animal altogether. I loved everything about it and it proved once again that this show works best when the Big Bad is a speedster.

My rankings for the seasons:
      1) Season 1
      2) Season 2
      3) Season 4
      4) Season 5
      5) Season 7
      6) Season 3
      7) Season 6

Hopefully season 8 will be the last one. Don't know how much this show has left in the tank. In its current form anyway. The show has already lost 2 of its major actos in Tom and Carlos. Maybe a spinoff with Impulse or Nora could happen down the road, but I think season 8 has to be it. And preferably a short season, like the one Arrow had.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        The first 32 minutes were the best season finale this show has done since season 2. And the culmination of Cavanagh's Thawne returning to fight alongside Barry against Godspeed (with LightningSabers, no less) was freaking epic! Tom had to be in this episode. After misleading the fans about him being a regular this season, the show has barely used him after the first 4 episodes. So seeing him in the finale, even for a few minutes, was only right. And I love the fact that they didn't wrap up Thawne's arc. He will always be around in some form to be Barry's arch nemesis. It also means that next season he will appear here and there (whether he's played by Cavanagh or Letscher is another matter).

The last 10 minutes slowed down (pun intended) this episode quite a bit. I didn't hate them, but it just felt less like a season finale at that point. On the other hand, I can acknowledge their good intentions for doing the vow renewal. It is a well known fact that Olicity hijacked Barry and Iris wedding at the end of the Earth-X crossover. So they never got a proper ceremony, something unfair to WestAllen fans. Also, I liked that Barry got married with the dopplegangers of his parents looking on. I still don't get how they can be alive due to the new multiverse not having any dopplegangers, but it was a nice moment for a character as tormented as Barry.

All in all, this season started out roughly due to the abrupt ending of season 6, but once the Mirrorverse arc ended, season 7 went from strength to strength. Eric Wallace likes breaking down the seasons in 2 graphic novels. The first one was about the Cosmic Forces. It had a ton of potential but IMO the lack of CGI budget and the emphasis on WestAllen as parents stopped this storyline from being as good as it should have been. And the last factor especially is mind boggling considering that the 2nd graphic novel would also focus on WestAllen as parents. Anyway, the Godspeed storyline was a different animal altogether. I loved everything about it and it proved once again that this show works best when the Big Bad is a speedster.

My rankings for the seasons:
        1) Season 1
        2) Season 2
        3) Season 4
        4) Season 5
        5) Season 7
        6) Season 3
        7) Season 6

Hopefully season 8 will be the last one. Don't know how much this show has left in the tank. In its current form anyway. The show has already lost 2 of its major actos in Tom and Carlos. Maybe a spinoff with Impulse or Nora could happen down the road, but I think season 8 has to be it. And preferably a short season, like the one Arrow had.
        I’m pretty much had the same feelings about the season finale and the season. The first mirrorverse episode last season I thought was great, because Iris was actually being an investigative reporter, rather than somehow the leader of Team Flash. Then it got tired fast.

This probably the best that The Flash has been in awhile and I’m glad they brought Thawne back. They really ‘levelled up’ in this one .

It was also great to have Cisco back the last few episodes. Where they left things with him was kind of muted before that. And the original wedding was a travesty, it wasn’t even preplanned as a two for one wedding by the two couples.

Yes, please let Season 8 be the last. It’s time to say goodbye.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎