No announcement yet.

Possible Smallville Animated Series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Smallville Animated Series

With all of the talk today about Welling and Rosenbaum working to bring the series back to life with an animated version, I figured these forums would be blowing up. My heart is blowing up. Lets discuss!

TBH, I'm not entirely sure that I'd want a revival. I mean, would this follow up on the crappy Earth-167 scene, that just pissed off a lot of fans? Would they follow up/treat season 11 as canon? As someone whose favorite character is Tess, the latter is a big deal (season 11 is canon = Tess is still alive. Season 11 is no longer canon = Tess is dead).

A lot of bad stuff could come out of a revival. If this was to happen, I just hope that they'll ignore the Earth-167 scene (though, feel free to have Clark and Lois have a daughter. As I've noted several times, that is the one aspect of that scene, that I liked), having seen all the backlash that it received online. I mean, looking at some of the online response to this possible revival, some cite that scene as their reason for not wanting to watch a revival. As something that ruined the show for them.

Comment

That is the question. I'm not worried about the crisis scene. Clark lost and gained his powers so many times over the years that I'm sure they'd work out a way to make that ok somehow, or at least tolerable. I'm guessing/hoping it would take up either right after the season 11 comics, or just animate them. Animating season 11 would almost be the best rout to take imo.Glad to see you are still a site regular! I've been wanting to come back ever since Superman and Lois, but been busy with cancer. Feeling much better now though.

Comment

There’s not too much to go on. I saw this the other day; they’d want as many of the original cast to return and that was the jest of it. This news wasn’t much of a headline even in the major entertainment news sites.

Originally posted by Kal26
        Animating season 11 would almost be the best rout to take imo
        The series doesn’t have to follow anything that happened in the season 11 comic or for that matter what happened on Crisis in the Arrowverse. They can negate that and continue from where the live action series left off. The majority of audience haven’t read the follow up comic or haven’t watched the Arrowverse shows to know what happened after the conclusion of the original series; It’s a small minority. I know for me, I didn’t read the comic. I’ve watched the majority of the Arrowverse shows (and continue today) and I suspect many of us in here have but, again we’re just a small minority.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought we were in the minority. I assumed Smallville fans were as hooked on everything DC as I am, but ok. I dunno, it was being talked about on all the entertainment outlets I follow, like, the ones about comic books anyway. Not going to name names out of respect to Craig, as that's kind of his competition. Not much to go on though. Just wondering what everyone wants to see out of it. My apparently wrong assumption was that this site would be talking about it non stop, but it seems a lot of fans are ready to let this series be done. I kinda hold on to the past. lol Tom sneezes and I'm like "SMALLVILLE IS BACK"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            TBH, I'm not entirely sure that I'd want a revival. I mean, would this follow up on the crappy Earth-167 scene, that just pissed off a lot of fans? Would they follow up/treat season 11 as canon? As someone whose favorite character is Tess, the latter is a big deal (season 11 is canon = Tess is still alive. Season 11 is no longer canon = Tess is dead).

A lot of bad stuff could come out of a revival. If this was to happen, I just hope that they'll ignore the Earth-167 scene (though, feel free to have Clark and Lois have a daughter. As I've noted several times, that is the one aspect of that scene, that I liked), having seen all the backlash that it received online. I mean, looking at some of the online response to this possible revival, some cite that scene as their reason for not wanting to watch a revival. As something that ruined the show for them.
            IMHO, if may I say, it could be compared to Star Trek the original series: after 3 seasons, a few years later, there was an animated series with the original cast reprising their roles.

I didn't like that scene on that "arrowverse" show because for me it butchered the Clark Kent character but I'm willing to ignore it since such Smallville animated series would be in the hands of Welling and Rosenbaum, well at least they would be executive producers in some sort of capacity.

I'm in for this kind of revival if it has the right people to do it. The DC animated division has done some remarkable things over the years. Such animated series if it happens, it's more than likely to be a mini-series to see if the audience goes for it. If it goes well, the probability of expansion will be greater.

Comment

I'd like more Smallville as much as anybody, but I didn't even write this up on KryptonSite because I feel like it's a wishful thinking bit. As far as I know, it's not officially in development, and fans are running with what is essentially just a passing remark on a Cameo.

Comment

KryptonSite catches up with Smallville's "Lex Luthor" Michael Rosenbaum to celebrate the 20th anniversary and Complete Series Blu-ray release.

This is probably going to be a hot take, but the more I think about it, I find myself hoping that the pitch gets rejected. Let's leave this property alone. Don't mess with it.

Comment

Seems like this is still something Tom and Michael are trying to pull off. I've seen the words, in development thrown around a lot in the last few months. I'm still hoping. Just caught the first episode of Talkville and loved it!

Craig got me good with the April Fools joke this year. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎