No announcement yet.

Flash #7.5 "Fear Me"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash #7.5 "Fear Me"

Talk about the March 30 episode of The Flash here!

Pics: https://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-fe...released/44963

So far we've had Fuerza as The Strength Force, Psych as the Sage Force and "Nora" as the Speed Force. And next week apparently they will introduce the Still Force. They are not wasting much time in unraveling the "Flash War" storyline and I like that. It seems a lot more compelling than the Blooddwork and Mirrorverse arcs.

This episode as a whole was one of the best they've done in a long time. Very well written and paced.

My only worry is that Tom Cavanagh wasn't in the opening intro. They reiterate that he's a series regular but it doesn't feel like it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      So far we've had Fuerza as The Strength Force, Psych as the Sage Force and "Nora" as the Speed Force. And next week apparently they will introduce the Still Force. They are not wasting much time in unraveling the "Flash War" storyline and I like that. It seems a lot more compelling than the Blooddwork and Mirrorverse arcs.

This episode as a whole was one of the best they've done in a long time. Very well written and paced.

My only worry is that Tom Cavanagh wasn't in the opening intro. They reiterate that he's a series regular but it doesn't feel like it anymore.
      I’m still trying to wrap my head around the Speed Force being able to take physical form...I know part of it appeared as his mother before but this seemed different. I’m not familiar with the Flash War storyline, so I will have to look it up.

I agree. It’s one of the better episodes as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
        I’m still trying to wrap my head around the Speed Force being able to take physical form...I know part of it appeared as his mother before but this seemed different. I’m not familiar with the Flash War storyline, so I will have to look it up.

I agree. It’s one of the better episodes as of late.
        This was different because we usually see "Nora" within a Speed Force setting. This is the first time where "Nora" walks and talks outside the Speed Force realm.

It all goes back to their limited budget, I think. They have shown the true form of the speed force in small parts, but since it's too expensive they either have it take the form of a faimilar setting (Barry's house, Star Labs, etc) or the form of familiar characters. For whatever reason the writers prefer that character to be Nora most of the time. The additional problem here is that they are doing a storyline about multiple cosmic forces. And since their actual physical manifestations would be too expensive, they decided to have all of them take the form of people (even so, the CGI for Fuerza was still pretty bad, IMO). Oh well, hopefully they saved up some money to show the forces in their full form when it's time for the finale.

Just throwing that out there, but maybe Wells' appearance and disappearance wasn't as random as we thought at first. In the comics, the one who tricks the Flash to release the cosmic forces is Zoom. Maybe Wells tricked Team Flash to do the same here for his own agenda (maybe he's the Thawne again). It would explain why they showed him briefly looking satisfied when Iris got the ASF to work.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          This was different because we usually see "Nora" within a Speed Force setting. This is the first time where "Nora" walks and talks outside the Speed Force realm.

It all goes back to their limited budget, I think. They have shown the true form of the speed force in small parts, but since it's too expensive they either have it take the form of a faimilar setting (Barry's house, Star Labs, etc) or the form of familiar characters. For whatever reason the writers prefer that character to be Nora most of the time. The additional problem here is that they are doing a storyline about multiple cosmic forces. And since their actual physical manifestations would be too expensive, they decided to have all of them take the form of people (even so, the CGI for Fuerza was still pretty bad, IMO). Oh well, hopefully they saved up some money to show the forces in their full form when it's time for the finale.

Just throwing that out there, but maybe Wells' appearance and disappearance wasn't as random as we thought at first. In the comics, the one who tricks the Flash to release the cosmic forces is Zoom. Maybe Wells tricked Team Flash to do the same here for his own agenda (maybe he's the Thawne again). It would explain why they showed him briefly looking satisfied when Iris got the ASF to work.
          Yeah, having limited budget sucks. I wish I could say it would be better with less episodes, but that’s not necessarily the case as evidenced by the blurry copy and paste Starfleet fleet in Star Trek: Picard.

I agree Fuerza looked cheesy. It was one step away from the old stop motion animation. I do hope they saved their money.

It could be and mostly likely true...but I’m so sick of Thawne appearing as Wells. Just give us Earth-1 Wells for real and if they want bring back Thawne as Thawne. It still annoys me that the had Thawne inhabit Nash at one point, when Thawne was masquerading as Wells...he wasn’t Wells. The show has had a problem with that...10 percent of the time acknowledging Thawne was not really Wells and then referring to him as Evil Wells the rest of the time.

By the way, is anyone else having issues with emotions or punctuation appearing together with random symbols when your reply is posted? I never used to have this problem.
          Last edited by Vergon6; 04-03-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

It could be and mostly likely true...but I’m so sick of Thawne appearing as Wells. Just give us Earth-1 Wells for real and if they want bring back Thawne as Thawne. It still annoys me that the had Thawne inhabit Nash at one point, when Thawne was masquerading as Wells...he wasn’t Wells. The show has had a problem with that...10 percent of the time acknowledging Thawne was not really Wells and then referring to him as Evil Wells the rest of the time.
            It seems like they are tempted to keep having Tom play the part because he's so good at it (which is a shame because it overshadows how terrific Matt Letscher has been as Thawne). Unfortunately, it also became very confusing because the RF got erased from existence twice and he kept coming back. And after a point they just stopped trying to even explain it. Remember how the RF played by Tom showed up in the Earth-X crossover and for most of season 5 of the Flash. Both times there was zero explanation as to how he was still alive... And I agree that possessing Nash also made no sense seeing as Thawne wasn't an actual Wells.

Anyway, we'll see if my theory is correct when Wells returns. Seems like that won't happen for a while...

By the way, is anyone else having issues with emotions or punctuation appearing together with random symbols when your reply is posted? I never used to have this problem.

They seem to work fine right now.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎