No announcement yet.

Flash #7.4 "Central City Strong"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash #7.4 "Central City Strong"

Talk about the March 23 episode of The Flash here!

Pics: https://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-ce...released/44940

I will have to watch this when it becomes available on Netflix.

Comment

I thought it was much better than last week. More crisp and with more sensible writting. And with Dastmalchian returning, with much better acting.

I liked the dynamic within Team Flash this week. Cisco had his most lighthearted episode in a very long time and it was nice to see. The show is always better when Cisco isn't brooding. And his interactions with Chester were quite amusing. I was worried that the show would have step on each other's toes at Star Labs, so it was refreshing to see them get along. That said, can we please, finally, get some backstory about Cisco's new suit and why he decided to become (mecha)Vibe again after deciding to give up his powers in season 5? It really shouldn't take more than 3 minutes in a scene.

The Caitlin cliffhanger was a weird one. Splitting her and Frost up felt like a desperation move because they have exhausted their options with this storyline. Oh well, hopefully Danielle will get double pay now.

I missed Tom Cavanagh this week.

With Abra Cadabra dead, that means Dastmalchian won't return. Which sucks because he's a terrific actor. As for that thing that killed him, one can only guess what it was. If the speculation about the show adopting the "Flash War" storyline are true, then maybe this meta was infected by the Strength Force. We'll see. The CGI looked awful though.

I can do without Barry blaming himself and Iris consoling him. Been there, done that.

6/10

Comment

Originally posted by costas22

I can do without Barry blaming himself and Iris consoling him. Been there, done that.

6/10
        Not again...I swear he is giving Smallville Clark a run for his money in that department.

I’m reminded of something I wrote in a story to comment on that very problem with Clark.

“For years, I’ve apologized for everything, even things that are out of my control,” Clark explained. “But I realize now that the true test of a super hero is not how many times I can apologize but when I can admit that despite all my powers, I can’t truly alter destiny, I can only show humans the way.”

I know Barry is human but I would hope that he would have an epiphany like this before the series is over.

Glad to hear the episode was better, even if I was spoiled a little.
        Last edited by Vergon6; 03-24-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I thought you wouldn't read my comment until you had watched the episode.

The problem with The Flash is that because of Barry's powers, it's fun to do world changing events and then blame them on him. Flashpoint was the best example. God, they made an entire season out of blaming him for that mess. They even blamed the Dominators invasion on him. Things improved in seasons 4 and 5, but then with Crisis that pattern reared its ugly head in. First he was blamed for the death of the Speed Force and now for Abra Cadabra's misery. All because he didn't sacrifice himself like he was supposed to. The blame game in this episode was also about Iris. And you could see it coming, really. It took him too long to realize Mirror!Iris wasn't his wife. He should have picked up on it sooner (like Iris did when he was possessed by Ramsey), but the show loves its drama.

I also wish he made that realization, but I think the show loves to have Barry learn, unlearn and then re-learn his lessons.

Anyway, as bad as things are, they are still not as bad as this, lol.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎