0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'd rather be a human tackling dummy
    0%

Third episodes are either love or hate when they follow the first two. After emphasis on Clark and Lois for the first two episodes, the emphasis is on the teens of Jonathan, Jordan, and Sarah. Chrissy is becoming the show's equivalent of Chloe Sullivan. No mention of Captain Luthor after the first two episodes. The Superman stuff is awesome as usual and I like that he looks strong as he should be.

Comment

10. Still loving it.

I know a third episode can go either way but Superman and Lois is still keeping my attention. Probably because it’s giving me so much deja vu from Smallville and I enjoy making the comparisons. For example, When Hoechlin-Clark stood by the bleachers and disapprovingly watched Jordan play football my mind immediately went to Schneider-Kent watching Welling-Clark play. Remember when Clark thanked his father for coming to a game and Jonathan roughly replied that he just came to make sure no one got hurt? Funny how history can repeat itself or how we can become our parents. Also, Jordan is giving me so many Welling vibes with the long hair and ruby red lips, playing football to impress cheerleader Lang and win over the bullies.

I do love the family dynamic. The Kent boys have won me over. The Cushing family has its annoyances but after this episode I now feel pity for Lana. I wonder what happened to her. why is she so broken? How did she end up here, why did she never leave Smallville?

The super saves are great, still thrilling. even with the cheaper budget. I don’t know if its necessary though to have a big save every episode but I appreciate that they’re trying to give us a full Superman viewing experience. Sometimes, though, super speed is all you need.

The Smallville Gazette is my new Torch/Wall of Weird. I could totally see the character that runs it (I forgot her name) as grown up Chloe Sullivan.

I’m Curious to find out who the new super people are. I’m Surprised (but maybe glad) Luthor was left out of this one. Its ok to explore different storylines. It will probably all intersect in the end anyway.

Jordan threw another tantrum but I didn’t buy what he was saying this time. He was just being an upset whiny teenager who wanted to have his way so I’m glad Clark put his foot down a little and told him to be quiet and go upstairs. This family never stays upset for that long anyway. They’re mad one minute and then they’re hugging the next. I do feel bad though for young Jonathan. Football was his thing. Its bad enough your twin is turning Super, now he’s taking your sport and your friends? They need to find a pocket for Jonathan to fit into, outside of his family, if they’re not going to delve into his super side just yet.

Love love love dorky assistant coach Dad-Clark. But work for free? Excuse me, Clark, you have a family! you need a job!

Overall, it’s still good. I'm still interested. Keep it coming.
      Last edited by SVfan87; 03-10-2021, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I was worried that the 3rd one might not be as good as the first 2 and boy was I wrong. It was really super good.....I LOVED IT!!!!! I didn't know if i was gonna like the kids but I really do. I love Lois Lane and I love this Superman. This is so fresh and I really hope they stay away from all the mishaps of all the other shows out there with super heroes. Smallville was fantastic and it's one of my all time favs, but this is really neat to have Superman as a grown man and married with kids. The whole cast is phenomenal. Also I love this feisty Lois Lane.....and I love the scene where she pushes the button and he comes....gave me goosebumps!!!!!! I also liked the reference to Superman being a creepy stalker type....probably a reference to Superman Returns where he spied on Lois Lane all the time. I can't wait for the next episode.
        Last edited by hhhandsteph; 03-10-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Some nice balance as others have said. I am still confused who the attacker was....it looked like it was meant to be Non or Zod lol. I guess I was wrong about that but then we get another Kryptonian anyways.

I guess in this universe, Edge has no connection to Darkseid. So I guess that’s why super powered people connected to Edge was a surprise because of that. Still no mention of Intergang yet. Are they playing an Edge is unscrupulous businessman angle instead of a crime boss/business owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            Some nice balance as others have said. I am still confused who the attacker was....it looked like it was meant to be Non or Zod lol. I guess I was wrong about that but then we get another Kryptonian anyways.

I guess in this universe, Edge has no connection to Darkseid. So I guess that’s why super powered people connected to Edge was a surprise because of that. Still no mention of Intergang yet. Are they playing an Edge is unscrupulous businessman angle instead of a crime boss/business owner?
            I feel like Intergang will factor in eventually, and that will be part of the larger story that Lois will examine. No Darkseid though.

Comment

Episode 3 review.

This was a good filler episode.

I assume the title of it was from either a film or book I’ve not watched or read yet.

The family scene at the start with them messing around with the paint I loved before Superman saved the China bridge which reminded me of the Superman 1 scene.

The Kent dynamics after the credits had me laughing and I caught the Spiderman reference there.

You can tell this shows about family like Walker is.

Did Lana’s dad just drive off without Sarah being seat belted behind?

I see Gregory Smith who starred in the teen drama Everwood's a Supervising Producer on the show and also directed this episode. He must be a Superman fan obviously.

Felt bad for Clark trying to be a good father again who got pummelled by his sons for spying although I understood why he did it of course.

He’ll have to let them go at some point and trust they’ll be alright on their own including Jordan doing football as well as Johnathan.

Lois continued her investigation into Morgan Edge digging up what happened in New Carthage although someone didn’t want that happening by the state of her car.

She’ll have to learn she doesn’t have resources like she did at the Daily Planet and so will have to work harder to get what she wants naturally.

Like Smallville, the football teams called the Crows and Lana’s mum’s Cheerleader coach.

I enjoyed her and Sarah's screen time although I felt there’s something going on with Sarah and that the front she put up was fake for whatever reason.

Jordan trying out for the Crows was cute. Nice he got his own back with the bullies on the field and didn’t really hurt them with his abilities.

So things are not okay in the Cushing house it seems?

I see what they did with one of the shop signs naming that Teague in reference to Lana’s Smallville season 4 boyfriend.

If Lana’s having so much trouble with Kyle then perhaps they should separate for a bit or divorce entirely if needs be.

The Jor-El Debarge name popping up a couple of times cracked me.

Nice seeing Lana and Sarah reconcile at the end and Clark mentioning Baseball which Tyler played as a child and probably would’ve pursued if he wasn’t an actor.

Loved goofy Clark especially the fake walking with the keg towards Sarah and Jordan.

I feel slightly worried for Chrissy now also working with Lois on the Edge story encase anything happens to her like the woman at the end who seems to work for him then.

Is she Kryptonian or someone human injected with Kryptonian energy like the man Superman fought previously?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎