No announcement yet.

Flash #7.1 "All's Wells That Ends Wells"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash #7.1 "All's Wells That Ends Wells"

Count down and talk live if you want, and then let this be the episode thread!

Pics: https://flashtvnews.com/photos-from-...are-here/44855
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

What did you all think, since no one posted?

Comment

This wasn't really their strongest episode. I found myself disinterested in most of it and only left it running in the background while I did other things.

Comment

I was reading some of the comments sections from seasons 1-3 and it was depressing to see how full of life they were. Even when we were bickering over season 3's decline and Barry's horrible characterization.

So even though I don't post a lot over here nowadays, I thought I'd give my 2 cents about The Flash, in case there are people still willing to read and discuss.

This premiere wasn't bad. The Flash, just like most shows was in a very unique position last season. It didn't have a proper finale, so this was never going to be a proper premiere. It did a decent job of connecting the dots to last season and explaining some of the differences (*ahem* Ralph's absence *ahem*). There were 2 major points:

1) Barry gets his speed back at last. I am glad that's over with and I hope this is the last time this plot is used. However, I am iffy on the ASF. I loved the mystique of the Speed Force and the way it tied speedsters. Now that's gone and we are left to assume only Barry (from the good guys speedsters) is left. We'll see how it works out.

2) Nash, along with the other Wellses, is gone. I never warmed up to Nash (probably the only time a Wells didn't win me over), so I wasn't sad to see him go. What does this mean though? Harry is gone too. As is Sherloque. Tom Cavanagh is still part of the cast and that's good news if you appreciate what a brilliant actor he is (and he showed it again here). Where does he go from here though? Does he play Eobard full time? Does he play Ralph to compensate for Hartley Sawyer's absence (I REALLY hope not)? Or, does he finally play a resurrected Earth 1 Wells?

P.S. I know girl power is a theme of Arrowverse shows and I have accepted it, but turning one Mirror Master from the comics female and throwing another Mirror Master from the comics under the bus to prop up Top was overkill, IMO. All in all, the Mirrorverse arc can't end soon enough.

5/10

Comment

I swear I wrote that comment before I watched last night's episode, lol. Don't know why, but I've had a hunch since last week that Tom would finally play Earth 1 Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            I swear I wrote that comment before I watched last night's episode, lol. Don't know why, but I've had a hunch since last week that Tom would finally play Earth 1 Wells.
            it’s about time.

i started posting again but the last couple of years The Flash has not captured my attention as it once did. I never really got into the other Arrowverse shows, so this was the only one I really enjoyed. Superman & Lois has started off promising though, with some great production values and fairly solid writing so far.

Anyways, it was okay premiere but really didn’t feel like one as the previous arc is still not over..the mirrorverse has overstayed its welcome.

Now with Crisis, they really should make a point of highlighting the fact that there are metas out the that are not related, even tangentially to the Particle Accelerator explosion. It’s way too much like the over reliance of meteor freaks on Smallville. Oddly, introducing a meta caused by a Smallville meteor shower would be refreshing in the Arrowverse lol
            Last edited by Vergon6; 03-11-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
              it’s about time.

i started posting again but the last couple of years The Flash has not captured my attention as it once did. I never really got into the other Arrowverse shows, so this was the only one I really enjoyed. Superman & Lois has started off promising though, with some great production values and fairly solid writing so far.

Anyways, it was okay premiere but really didn’t feel like one as the previous arc is still not over..the mirrorverse has overstayed its welcome.

Now with Crisis, they really should make a point of highlighting the fact that there are metas out the that are not related, even tangentially to the Particle Accelerator explosion. It’s way too much like the over reliance of meteor freaks on Smallville. Oddly, introducing a meta caused by a Smallville meteor shower would be refreshing in the Arrowverse lol
              Personally I gave up on The Flash after season 3. But ahead of Crisis, I decided to catch up. Keeping my distance was a good thing because most of the bitterness washed away. And truth be told, seasons 4 and 5, IF you bingewatch them, are fairly fun to watch. Season 6 was a letdown of sorts and not just because of Covid. Bloodwork wasn't compelling enough as a half-season villain and the Mirrorverse arc dragged on for too long.

So in that sense, anything fresh we get going forward will be most welcome. I hear next week's episode will wrap up the Mirrorverse storyline and then we'll get the new Big Bad. And maybe now they can focus more on the changes made by Crisis. I don't think they embraced that concept a lot last year. There were odd references about changes to the timeline, but the Eva storyline began immediately after Crisis and the focus was shifted there. For example, last season Cisco held a journal about who the new villains of this timeline are. Which was intriguing but rarely brought up. We also never got to hear how they got their powers in this timeline.

Oh well. At least Earth 1 Wells' could shed light on that and also lead to Barry getting his speed back.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                Personally I gave up on The Flash after season 3. But ahead of Crisis, I decided to catch up. Keeping my distance was a good thing because most of the bitterness washed away. And truth be told, seasons 4 and 5, IF you bingewatch them, are fairly fun to watch. Season 6 was a letdown of sorts and not just because of Covid. Bloodwork wasn't compelling enough as a half-season villain and the Mirrorverse arc dragged on for too long.

So in that sense, anything fresh we get going forward will be most welcome. I hear next week's episode will wrap up the Mirrorverse storyline and then we'll get the new Big Bad. And maybe now they can focus more on the changes made by Crisis. I don't think they embraced that concept a lot last year. There were odd references about changes to the timeline, but the Eva storyline began immediately after Crisis and the focus was shifted there. For example, last season Cisco held a journal about who the new villains of this timeline are. Which was intriguing but rarely brought up. We also never got to hear how they got their powers in this timeline.

Oh well. At least Earth 1 Wells' could shed light on that and also lead to Barry getting his speed back.
                I didn’t outright give up but I definitely progressively lost interest to the point where I would catch up weeks or months later.

yeah I heard that before too. It will be good to end that arc.

oh I hope we learn about post-Crisis too..and I hope that Cisco is back for good...although I thought there was some talk or speculation about Carlos Valdez leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  I didn’t outright give up but I definitely progressively lost interest to the point where I would catch up weeks or months later.

yeah I heard that before too. It will be good to end that arc.

oh I hope we learn about post-Crisis too..and I hope that Cisco is back for good...although I thought there was some talk or speculation about Carlos Valdez leaving.
                  Not for nothing, but Cisco has namedropped Atlantis more than one since Crisis. And obviously I don't expect to see Aquaman on the show, but they must show us the place at least once!

Regarding Carlos Valdez, I think he's in a similar position that Willa Holland was in after season 4 of Arrow. He can't leave yet due to his contract, but he has a lighter schedule. That's why in seasons 5-6 Cisco would go missing for some episodes. And that's why Chester was eventually brought in and made a regular character.

So I think he will be around for 50-60% of this season. After that, it's anyone's guess. The show has been renewed for an 8th season, but most of the cast's contracts end this season. Including Grant's. So it wouldn't surprise me if next season The Flash returns for 8-10 episodes like Arrow did in S8.

Comment

Absolutely nothing against the actors, but I can't stand the whole absurd, "Council of Wells" storyline (the same with the silliness of the Ralph Dibny character). This episode has pushed me closer to the edge of giving up on this show. Much in the way that the overwhelming amount of Lian Yu flashbacks killed Arrow for me. Even "Legends of Tomorrow" has it's over the top, silly storylines. I realize that I am not the writers, and when you commit to watching a show, you're pretty much stuck with their interpretations of the characters & storyline; both the good and the bad. It just gets so frustrating sometimes, when it feels like their insistent "attempts" to inject comedy, comes across as too juvenile, and works against what the show has built. I'm trying really hard NOT to be sarcastic, and put the show/ shows down. (sigh)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎