2 8.00%

1 4.00%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad on any Earth

2 8.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    New In Town
    Clark has what? hundreds of years being Superman? They need to take advantage of their child bearing years! A lot of father's are heroes too. He will be Superman again for a long time. Again, this was just a cameo, two minute glimpse of his life. If he had been Superman at that moment, Lex would have killed him. I'm happy we saw Tom as Clark and not Tom as Superman killed by Lex.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    ^ Clark did fulfill and embrace his destiny as Superman, but he also chose to give it up.
    Ok. Cool. So, I guess the point of my post was to gauge how people here felt about Clark hanging out on the farm and not saving the world. The whole scene felt a little underwhelming and anticlimactic for me. How did everyone else feel?

I liked seeing Tom and Erica, but it was a let down imo.

Release the Snyder Cut costas22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellinggirl36 View Post
    Ok. Cool. So, I guess the point of my post was to gauge how people here felt about Clark hanging out on the farm and not saving the world. The whole scene felt a little underwhelming and anticlimactic for me. How did everyone else feel?
    Split opinion. Some were fine with it and some hated it. The thing is, anyone who remembers the last scene Clark and Lex shared in the series finale realizes how wrong it is that Clark gave up his powers while Lex was President.

But hey, he was "happy"...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx126 View Post
    Clark has what? hundreds of years being Superman? They need to take advantage of their child bearing years! A lot of father's are heroes too. He will be Superman again for a long time. Again, this was just a cameo, two minute glimpse of his life. If he had been Superman at that moment, Lex would have killed him. I'm happy we saw Tom as Clark and not Tom as Superman killed by Lex.
    He died anyway. The anti-matter wiped out all the Earths, from what I gather. So it doesn't make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellinggirl36 View Post
    How did everyone else feel?
    To be honest, I'm indifferent. I've only seen a few scenes of the crossover, but when they started with wiping out what they identified as "Earth-9" (seemingly the universe inhabiting Titans and Doom Patrol, two shows that I know are getting another season), I knew that nothing in this crossover mattered. They also bring in Tom Ellis and wipe out his universe (another show, that still have another season coming). It becomes clear that everything that we've (well, everything those, who watches the whole episodes) see will be either undone (everything just returns to the status quo, like this never happened; ignored) or a single shared universe will be created.... Only, Lucifer, Titans and the Doom Patrol won't be part of it. When season 5 of Lucifer comes out, they're not going to suddenly start referencing superheroes like the Flash or Supergirl. Doubt the writers of Lucifer are under the belief that everyone who watches their show, also watches all the Arrowverse shows (maybe some watches both, but the entire Lucifer fanbase?). It'd be moronic of them to expect all viewers to first watch the crossover event, of another franchise, just so that they understand why Superman's suddenly a real person (when he's previously been established as a work of fiction).

Guggenheim can say all he wants that this is canon... And why wouldn't he? He wants people to watch the shows. What's he going to do? Go out and announce that nothing of this crossover is canon or will affect any show not in the Arrowverse? Not a good marketing strategy. Besides, looking at it, I have my doubts that Earth-167 is even the real Smallville universe (and not just some random, Smallville-esque Earth in the Arrowverse's multiverse. The Arrowverse have its established multiverse and Smallville have its own established multiverse. The Earths that the two multiverses identify as Earth-2, Earth-9, Earth-13 and Earth-37 are clearly not the same ones. Looking at the comics, there have been multiple multiverses. So, there can be several, unconnected, multiverses). Even if we accept Earth-167 as Smallville's universe, we have plenty of Smallville canon material, that says that Clark will be Superman forever. That he will defeat Lex Luthor, in the end. This scene is then just a five minute break, when Clark took some time off, to raise a family. Funny thing about children, they grow up. So, this isn't the ultimate end of Welling's Clark Kent. It's the five minutes that he took off, to raise a family. Within an x amount of time, he restores his powers and becomes Superman again.

Leaving the one impact on Smallville canon, from this crossover, as: Clark and Lois ends up having two daughters. I'm okay with it. Before this crossover started, I even argued on another thread, that if they're shown/established as having a child, then it should be a girl (as Routh's Clark and the Earth-38 Clark both have sons). Mixing it up a bit.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 12-12-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Forum Regular
    Watch this:

and SV Lex is president. Nice time to give up powers.

New In Town
    So even if he had all his powers he would still be dead so it is all meaningless. No matter what the writers would have written for Tom and Erica they would have ended up the same way, dead. No way to please everyone and they are only in it for a very short time and as you say it doesn't make a difference. This has no meaning for Smallville, just like Brandon playing Superman on these shows has no meaning for Superman Returns. It was nice seeing Tom and Erica again for me. I did enjoy SEEING Tom as Clark punch Lex and Clark and Lois together. Much better than SEEING fake Lex kill Tom as Superman.

He died anyway. The anti-matter wiped out all the Earths, from what I gather. So it doesn't make much of a difference.[/QUOTE]

New In Town
    and SV Lex is president. Nice time to give up powers.[/QUOTE]

SV President Lex is dead so it doesn't matter. Now Clark, Lois and their daughters are together for eternity in Heaven, far away from all evil

Forum Regular
    Part 2 was so-so. It's nice to see Smallville Clark get the best of Lex-38 without his powers. It show that he didn't need them. The bad part is that Terry McGinnis isn't in this episode. He should be the paragon of courage, not Kate.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    No wonder Michael Rosenbaum stayed away from this crap. He probably realized straight away what most of us did years ago: Marc Guggenheim should be nowhere near stories with established canon. He hates it. He has said so himself.
    Wow. Haven't been on this site in a decade. But yeah been thinking about this. It's clear that this is supposed to be canon to the original Smallville. So how does it fit? Easy this moment was in the future ... my guess 5 or 10 years after the Smallville finale. They never mention when in time they jumped to. On Earth 666 w/ Lucifer they confirm that it was 5 years before so the original show remains in the present. Pretty simple really.

Oh and about Rosenbaum? He said he didn't do the cameo because they didn't have a script when they approached him. Plus Cryer really wanted to do Crisis.

New In Town
    Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about Brandon's Superman. Tom's storyline (as small as it is) was much better than Brandon's. Brandon IS Superman with all his powers and on his watch Lois, Jimmy, Perry and countless others are killed. Total failure as a hero/Superman. I can't imagine the outrage from fans if Tom's Superman had let Lois, (new)Jimmy, Perry and others die. I don't watch these shows, just recorded this episode for Tom and Erica, but they don't treat Superman very well. Their heroes must pale in comparison.
    Last edited by Maxx126; 12-12-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about Brandon's Superman. Tom's storyline (as small as it is) was much better than Brandon's. Brandon IS Superman with all his powers and on his watch Lois, Jimmy, Perry and countless others are killed. Total failure as a hero/Superman. I can't imagine the outrage from fans if Tom's Superman had let Lois, (new)Jimmy, Perry and others die. I don't watch these shows, just recorded this episode for Tom and Erica, but they don't treat Superman very well. Their heroes must pale in comparison.
    Have you never heard of Kingdom Come?

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleltheking View Post
    Have you never heard of Kingdom Come?
    Yes, and that's why I'm thankful Tom and Erica weren't stuck with that miserable storyline. Sorry Brandon was. They even made it worse because now Brandon's Superman is dead too. So Tom got the better storyline.

Due to my mixed feelings about what happened with Smallville Clark and Lois, I started writing a one-shot that I hope honours the show, while helping to explain the inconsistencies. I am happy to share what I have so far by PM if someone wants to beta read it. Lois and Clark will stay parents but you better believe Clark is getting his powers back.

And no itís not based on jon-el87ís well thought out theory.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112