2 8.00%

1 4.00%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad on any Earth

2 8.00%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kneel4justice View Post
    Exactly. A happy ending and Clark being Superman are not mutually exclusive. But I honestly didn't expect much from the Arrowverse to begin with.
    Yep in complete agreement.

New In Town
    Like a lot of you, I forgot about this site until I got the email tonight with my user name - from 2007! Anyway, I'm on the fence about the episode. I'm very happy the show didn't kill Clark/Superman (which I totally expected them to) but I really got sad to see how it all went. Happy Lois & Clark are (finally!) married and even with kids but after watching all of the seasons and then reading the comics Season 11, it seemed strange to find out at some point he gave everything up to settle down. Wish we knew the backstory - wouldn't that be great to learn! Great to see Tom & Erica in their roles again; made me wistful and kinda sad in a way, missing the old days of Smallville. What a great era. But, happy to see Lois & Clark are alive and well. What a treat so many years later.

I understand the disappointment but I’ve chosen to accept that this isn’t Smallville. While we are getting nice cameos, ultimately the action is going to focus on characters and actors already in the Arrowverse. Hence, RouthSuperman. The same might go for 90s Flash. Welling, Conroy, and all the others are pop ins. Just my opinion! But I totally get it, it would have been beyond great to see Smallville Superman in action. or at least interacting with others and helping out. He really didn’t say much to earth-1 Iris, Lois and Clark.
    Last edited by SVfan87; 12-09-2019 at 08:30 PM.

New In Town
    Many years since I was here. Sorry I missed the party ... I could not remember my password.
    Tonight's epi was much better than the first. I'm curious how close to the comic they are going to stay.
    Great to see Tom and Erica together! ... and while it was not what I'd hoped for, I think it was fitting and satisfying.
    Even without his powers, Clark still beat Lex!
    Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by LoisFan31 View Post
    Like a lot of you, I forgot about this site until I got the email tonight with my user name - from 2007! Anyway, I'm on the fence about the episode. I'm very happy the show didn't kill Clark/Superman (which I totally expected them to) but I really got sad to see how it all went. Happy Lois & Clark are (finally!) married and even with kids but after watching all of the seasons and then reading the comics Season 11, it seemed strange to find out at some point he gave everything up to settle down. Wish we knew the backstory - wouldn't that be great to learn! Great to see Tom & Erica in their roles again; made me wistful and kinda sad in a way, missing the old days of Smallville. What a great era. But, happy to see Lois & Clark are alive and well. What a treat so many years later.
    I definitely had mixed feelings. Great to see them again but it does seem very strange he gave up his powers.

I liked the way Smallville Clark said “you’re not Lex” and turned away. Gave me chills. He said it so confidently and I think that was a nice nod to Rosenbaum. You couldn’t help but think of him in that moment. And it made it ok to have another Lex interacting with him. It also briefly made me think of how Smallville tried to fill the Lex void after Rosenbaum left with clones.

Quote Originally Posted by SVfan87 View Post
    I liked the way Smallville Clark said “you’re not Lex” and turned away. Gave me chills. He said it so confidently and I think that was a nice nod to Rosenbaum. You couldn’t help but think of him in that moment. And it made it ok to have another Lex interacting with him. It also briefly made me think of how Smallville tried to fill the Lex void after Rosenbaum left with clones.
    Yeah, that was a great moment and when he clocked him lol

Like a lot of you, I haven't been here in years myself, and am feeling all sorts of nostalgic as I used to spend hours on these forums every day.

As for the episode, I have to admit it was a disappointing moment. After waiting so long, and all the hype that reemerged with the announcement they'd be in it, having such a short and anti-climactic moment felt empty once it was over. No matter what your opinion on the Smallville finale is, the point was that anything could happen, and then the comics expanded that world beyond what we could have hoped for in the show. So the fact that he spent so much time growing into his destiny and finally embracing it- and then he gave it up after less than ten years? It feels empty.
    Granted, that's not a short amount of time, but it doesn't fit how Superman is supposed to be an everlasting beacon of hope. He showed up, was around for a decade or so and then disappeared? The only explanation that remotely makes sense is one akin to Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, and even that isn't one that I like.

And what about Lois? She gave up the career she was passionate about and went to live on a farm because they had kids? She's more than capable of juggling work and family, and doesn't seem like the type to be content not being a newshound.

Personally I want to consider this non-canon, like a similar but different universe and not actually the world of Smallville. Because I'd hate to think that the Clark we watched and grew up with for ten years would give up the ability to help people in need so that he can have his picket fence, apple pie life.

Board Master
    Smallville may be safe for now, but I saw some BTS pics where they used the Kent Farm at night. I believe that the Smallville Earth will get eradicated in the Flash part along with Earths 16 and 99.

Monitor's choice of paragons is not that great. They can't be more selfless than Superman. He and Earth-1 Flash are not among the paragons. I believe both of them will rise in the next three parts.

Maybe they were searching for the wimp paragon? If they were, they found him. Funny the other heroes didn't try to return to recruit the blur...I mean the Reluctant Superman. I guess they figured any universe where Superman gives up his powers and leaves his adopted world helpless was a universe not worth saving. I could have done without this cameo if they were going to neuter the Man of Steel like this. This left as much of a bad taste in my mouth as the series finale where he couldn't bother to actually don the suit for the one episode. I'm loving the crisis crossover so far except for this Super Disappointment. Bye Tom, enjoy your retirement.

For crying out loud, Clark previously lost his powers in "Leech", "Asylum", "Spell", "Arrival"-"Hidden", "Blue", ("Arctic"-)"Odyssey", "Injustice", the future seen in "Pandora" and "Prophecy". It happened to often that the Smallville Wiki has an entire page devoted to it. What happened each time? Clark ultimately regained his powers. We also saw a vision of Clark's ultimate ending in "Hereafter" (which showed him as Superman). In "Absolute Justice, Part 2", Dr. Fate reveals that Clark will ultimately defeat Clark (who is said to still be President of the United States, in the Earth-167 scene). What can we take from all of this? That Clark will regain his powers. We're not given any context to his current power loss (all information is given, AFTER Earth-38 Lex says that he intends to kill Superman). So, this might not be a real power loss. For all we know, Clark's set up some blue K field around the farm (as his daughters are bound to develop Kryptonian abilities. He might want to give them a normal childhood, not to mention avoid all the problems caused by them randomly manifesting powers (you want to chase after two kids, running in opposite directions, at superhuman speed?)). All he has to do, is push a button on his phone and its deactivated (restoring his powers instantly). Only, he's not going to tell it to a man who've just announced his intent to kill Superman (while also expressing a disinterest in Clark Kent). Clark's not stupid (he defeated Zod (an experienced military commander), three times, by outsmarting him).

So, with lack of evidence from this episode, combined with overwhelming evidence from the show proper, I say that this "power loss" is only temporary and he is/will become Superman again (maybe before the end of this crossover, for all we know).

I should hope it’s something like that, rather than him deliberately exposing himself to Gold Kryptonite. As Clark Luthor would say, “there are no takebacks with Gold K”

I find it interesting they gave Smallville Clark and Lois “girls”. That’s a change. Or, is it? Does Superman have any history with daughters? Or with multiple children? Let me know. Seems to me these kind of shows and characters only produce sons so this idea is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    For crying out loud, Clark previously lost his powers in "Leech", "Asylum", "Spell", "Arrival"-"Hidden", "Blue", ("Arctic"-)"Odyssey", "Injustice", the future seen in "Pandora" and "Prophecy". It happened to often that the Smallville Wiki has an entire page devoted to it. What happened each time? Clark ultimately regained his powers. We also saw a vision of Clark's ultimate ending in "Hereafter" (which showed him as Superman). In "Absolute Justice, Part 2", Dr. Fate reveals that Clark will ultimately defeat Clark (who is said to still be President of the United States, in the Earth-167 scene). What can we take from all of this? That Clark will regain his powers. We're not given any context to his current power loss (all information is given, AFTER Earth-38 Lex says that he intends to kill Superman). So, this might not be a real power loss. For all we know, Clark's set up some blue K field around the farm (as his daughters are bound to develop Kryptonian abilities. He might want to give them a normal childhood, not to mention avoid all the problems caused by them randomly manifesting powers (you want to chase after two kids, running in opposite directions, at superhuman speed?)). All he has to do, is push a button on his phone and its deactivated (restoring his powers instantly). Only, he's not going to tell it to a man who've just announced his intent to kill Superman (while also expressing a disinterest in Clark Kent). Clark's not stupid (he defeated Zod (an experienced military commander), three times, by outsmarting him).

So, with lack of evidence from this episode, combined with overwhelming evidence from the show proper, I say that this "power loss" is only temporary and he is/will become Superman again (maybe before the end of this crossover, for all we know).

Agreed. Smallville Clark losing his powers is nothing new so I can’t take it too seriously or be upset by it. SuperClark will be back. Just get Martian Manhunter to fly him to the sun again. Blue K around the farm to protect the kiddos is an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cogent53 View Post
    Wow, throwback to being a K Site regular!
    I’m excited to see Tom and Erica (and am a big Supergirl fan!)

Part 1 was great and Erica’s first role in the crossover! Will anyone comment on her looking JUST like Alura?
    Unless she shows up again, it's unlikely since Earth-38's Lois and Clark didn't get to see her before they were sent away by Lex.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast