Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones (2002)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones (2002)

Talk about episode 2 here.

How much of this film was shot in front of blue/green screen? Even the temple scene, where Mace and Yoda are talking in a room, appeared to be green screen, instead of an actual set.

I liked the start of the Yoda- Dooku fight, when they were using the force against each other. Then Lucas had to have Yoda pull out a lightsaber and start jumping around. Yoda gave his age as 900, in Return of the Jedi, which was less than 30 years after this. So, he'd be 870-something and here he's jumping around like a 420 year old. They should've kept the fight limited to using the force (don't think we've ever seen a force exclusive fight before. Usually it's all lightsabers, with someone using the force now and then, to move an object)

And did they have to have Anakin be so whiney? "It's not fair!", "I hate sand, it gets everywhere."

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      How much of this film was shot in front of blue/green screen? Even the temple scene, where Mace and Yoda are talking in a room, appeared to be green screen, instead of an actual set.

I liked the start of the Yoda- Dooku fight, when they were using the force against each other. Then Lucas had to have Yoda pull out a lightsaber and start jumping around. Yoda gave his age as 900, in Return of the Jedi, which was less than 30 years after this. So, he'd be 870-something and here he's jumping around like a 420 year old. They should've kept the fight limited to using the force (don't think we've ever seen a force exclusive fight before. Usually it's all lightsabers, with someone using the force now and then, to move an object)

And did they have to have Anakin be so whiney? "It's not fair!", "I hate sand, it gets everywhere."
      His strength with the force allows him to fight like he does. I do think the fight has a hint of goofiness to it, but it's not that big a deal. I don't view the talking about sand scene as whining myself.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Watched this again the other day. The Obi Wan - Kamino storyline is what keeps this movie going in its first half. The Anakin - Padme stuff was too boring. Lucas is talented in many ways. Writing and directing romantic scenes isn't one of them.

Once everyone's on Geonosis everything picks up steam. The fight scenes were a bit bloated, but at least we got to see Samuel Jackson and Christopher Lee in action. I will never forget what a big pop Yoda got in the theater when he started fighting with Count Duku. The best part about the movie.

6.5/10.

Comment

My favorite part of this movie and probably the whole franchise is when Shmi dies, Anakin flips out and starts killing Sand People,
          and Yoda can feel it from across the galaxy.

Of course, I love the lightsaber stuff and all the Jedi knights in the arena.

Almost forgot, the seismic charges from Slave 1 is probably one of the coolest effects in the entire franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            "I hate sand, it gets everywhere."
            Having given it more thought, I'm willing to overlook that line. He's talking to Padme, trying to flirt. However, he joined the Jedi order at age ten. An order that forbids romantic relationships, so he's never learned how to flirt. He doesn't know how. I suppose that one could make a similar argument about Padme. She was like 13-14 (according to Wookieepedia), in TPM, which establishes that she's recently been democratically elected ruler of Naboo. In this movie, her background is fleshed out a bit, establishing essentially that she was groomed from an early age for a life in politics. She mentions having had one boyfriend, but that's probably all. That's the extent of her dating experience: one boy, when she was 12.

These two trying to flirt and establishing a relationship should be awkward; because we're dealing with two young adults, who have no idea of what they are doing (and have no one that they can turn to for advice). Besides, I've seen worse (romance) in movies. Oh, boy, have I seen worse.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 05-07-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

It been a while since I last seen this movie. It was good but it wasn't great. It was better than the 3 Disney sequels.

Comment

Yesterday would've been Christopher Lee's 100th birthday.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎