Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whadda ya binge watching during the pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whadda ya binge watching during the pandemic?

Right now I'm going through The Blacklist on Netflix. Has there ever been a show that used Hitchcock's McGuffin so effectively?

Last month I got through several seasons of Smallville. Been a while since I watched and I have to confess I enjoyed the earlier seasons more than the later ones. I must say I didn't appreciate Tom Welling's performances till I went through some of the later seasons when he became Bizarro, or was on red Kryptonite. Seeing them close together highlighted his versatility. However, Kristin Kreuk's portrayal of Lana got on my last nerve. I found myself constantly anticipating that little head shake she did while delivering her lines.

Okay, rant over, lol. Whadda ya watching?

I’m actually binge watching (as I type) the Harry Potter movies on HBO Max. I’m on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It’ll probably take me until tomorrow to finish all eight films.

Comment

Smallville, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Stargirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Humdinger
        Right now I'm going through The Blacklist on Netflix. Has there ever been a show that used Hitchcock's McGuffin so effectively?

Last month I got through several seasons of Smallville. Been a while since I watched and I have to confess I enjoyed the earlier seasons more than the later ones. I must say I didn't appreciate Tom Welling's performances till I went through some of the later seasons when he became Bizarro, or was on red Kryptonite. Seeing them close together highlighted his versatility. However, Kristin Kreuk's portrayal of Lana got on my last nerve. I found myself constantly anticipating that little head shake she did while delivering her lines.

Okay, rant over, lol. Whadda ya watching?
        Please don't blame Kristin Kreuk. Blame the writers please. The writers might have made Lana Lang less likeable to prevent an audience from wanting her on future seasons. Because Lana was supposed to be a temporary character. Also, Lois Lane was going to replace her in Clark Kent's love life anyway. So why get emotionally attached to Lana when she's temporary?

Tom Welling's performance of Clark Kent probably didn't impress you. Because Clark Kent without his red kryptonite-infected personality was not the reason why Smallville became a successful show enough. Lex Luthor, Lionel Luthor, Clark Kent infected from red kryptonite, Brainiac, the Teague family, Lois Lane's female empowerment personality with her sassy attitude, and Bizarro are why Smallville entertained people who watched that show. Clark Kent without red kryptonite was a boring mild-mannered farmboy with superpowers. Chloe Sullivan was a petty sidekick who couldn't get over the fact Clark didn't have romantic feelings for her until season 8. Lana made Smallville become a petty soap opera that got boring when she wasn't being turned into a badass like Margaret Isobel Thoreaux. Pete Ross became pathetically jealous while not being psychologically stable enough to be in Smallville and keep Clark's secret. Oliver Queen was nothing but a pathetic replacement for Lex Luthor. Davis Bloome wasn't menacing enough to be an entertaining villain. In fact, Smallville went downhill after season 7. Even the amount of television viewers dropped after season 7 when Lex Luthor and Lionel Luthor left. Because Clark Kent, future villains, and characters wouldn't be as entertaining until Lex Luthor's clone and the alternate reality version of Lionel Luthor came in season 10.
        Last edited by Luthorianist; 07-12-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎