A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Beginning

A New Beginning

A/N: Probably shouldn’t post this, but the idea just wouldn’t leave my head.

Summary: They were ‘secret’ friends until one night the dynamic of their relationship changes everything, and they are forced to come to terms with their feelings. Will this be their new beginning? Or will something stop them from discovering the truth they feel in their hearts?

Rating: T for now, might change later.

Spoilers: Season Six, Crimson episode.

Pairing: Clark and Lois 😊 😊 😊

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything!!!
    Prologue:

June 1st, 2013

Miles and miles away from the small-town of Kansas in the middle of the cold, white, artic, a young man was laying down, wide-awake in his sleeping chambers, his mind unable to stop mulling over the things that has never left his mind since the moment he left for his training six years ago.

His family.

His friends.

But, most of all, the woman he was too afraid to be honest with when it came to his feelings.

Lois Joanne Lane.

The first time he had met the feisty blonde, he had just returned from a deep animation in the cave walls with his biological father, Jor-El, and the last thing he expected was for a beautiful woman to find him naked in a cornfield, but that is exactly what had happened.

And it was one of the best things to ever happen to him.

He hadn’t been himself, but he could concede that it wasn’t just the Kal-El part of himself that found her mesmerizing.

It was him.

Clark Kent, who found her attractive from the first moment he set his confused aquamarine eyes onto her concerned mahogany ones.

Even after realizing that he was attracted to the brash woman he couldn’t—wouldn’t allow himself to delve any deeper into his attraction towards her not because he wasn’t curious to what things would be like between them, but because at the time he had been completely in love with another woman…Lana Lang.

At least at the time he was.

Not anymore.

It had taken him a long time to realize that, actually, she had been the one that made him realize that there would always be a light at the end of the tunnel.

A soft smile graced his lips, as that particular memory came rushing to the forefront of his mind…

The sun was beginning to set in the horizon, as he stared out the window in his loft, wondering where everything had went wrong in his life. It was his birthday, and instead of feeling grateful for everything his family and friends had done for him he was focused on his failed relationship with Lana Lang.

They had been so incredibly happy just a few months ago, but in the blink of an eye everything changed.

It was weird, he thought to himself, ever since he was ten years old, he’s been obsessed with being with her, and they had went through quite a few ups and downs along the years, but for some reason things just didn’t feel right with her anymore.

Not like they used to.

That was one of the many reasons he broke it off with her.

There had been other factors like her growing relationship with Lex and that he couldn’t be honest with her, but it had more to do with the fact that he just didn’t feel the same way anymore.

Did he do the right thing? He wondered to himself, but before he could attempt to figure out the answer to that question, he heard the familiar, annoying voice of the woman, who always seemed to get underneath his skin.

“I thought I might find you hiding up here,” she told him before smirking at him. “Let me guess, your wondering if you should barge into that mansion and convince Lana to take you back.”

As much as he enjoyed their little bickering matches, he wasn’t in the mood for her sarcastic nature right now, and quite honestly, she didn’t understand what he was going through, and he highly doubted she ever would.

“I appreciate the concern, but Lana and I are none of your business.”

“Please, Smallville, I’ve had three exes put under military surveillance. I’m hardly qualified to dish out post-relationship tact, but it’s time for some tough love. Lana is going to move on, and so are you.”

“She already has. With Lex,” he muttered with a heavy sigh.

“And it sucks, but you gotta trust your gut that you did this for a reason. Whatever reason guys have for dumping hot, smart, fun girls these days.” She sighed, softly, as she lowered herself to the couch. “Look, just give it some time, Clark, one day this is all going to be something you will look at as a happy memory not a sad one.”

“I highly doubt that.”

Not this again, she thought to herself, this poor guy believed that the only person he could ever imagine loving was someone that was currently with another man, but what he couldn’t grasp was that some people experienced more than one incredible love in their lives.

“You can’t live in limbo the rest of your life, Clark, you broke up with her for a reason, right?”

He nodded.

“Then don’t dwell on the past any longer than necessary. You might be upset over it right now, but eventually you’ll find someone that makes you happy to be alive. Think of it this way. You might still love her, and she might still love you, but sometimes you’ve gotta tuck your feelings away until it’s the right time. Like stuffing dollars into a piggy bank for a bike you can’t quite afford.”

“Except, I can’t imagine there is anyone else out there.”

“Well, you never know, Clark, maybe when you finally crack open that piggy bank, you’ll find that you haven’t been saving for a bike, you’ve really been saving for a Harley.”

He smiled, softly at her. “There are times I think you don’t know me at all, and others where I think you know me better than anyone.”

She grinned, widely at him. “Well, that’s what I’m here for, Smallville, one save at a time.”

That was the first moment of many that awakened the hidden feelings he had for her inside of himself. It was a moment he would never forget, and one he hoped she thought of just as much as he did.

After that particular day, they had grown closer and closer, and he even started thinking of her as his best friend, but all of that changed the moment they shared something he never, ever expected to share with another person.

It was like a new beginning for them.

But…

Before either of them could establish what was happening between them, he had been forced to leave for his training, and even though he didn’t really know or understand the things he had started feeling for her he couldn’t help wondering if they could have something when he came home.

Would she be willing to pick up where they left off? Was she still living in Smallville? Was she with someone else?

It wouldn’t surprise him, he thought to himself, they hadn’t made any promises to each other, and any man would be lucky to have her, but he had seen the emotions—the feelings lingering in her eyes when they had said their goodbyes inside of that cave.

What did that mean?

He didn’t know, but he was determined to find out, as soon as he finished the training that he was destined to complete.

“It is time, Kal-El.”

At the sound of his biological father’s voice, he quickly made his way towards the main room in the place he had dubbed his ‘Fortress of Solitude’, and as much as he wanted to become the savior his father expected him to be, he couldn’t help wanting to just go home to his family—to his friends—to her.

The hot scorching sun beamed down on the small-town of Kansas, as Lois Lane parked her car directly outside of the Kent farmhouse, just like she always did every morning, but there was something different floating in the air this morning, and it had everything to do with the five-year-old bundle of energy sitting in the backseat with a sad, depressed expression lingering on his precious face.

It broke her heart seeing him so downhearted.

Ever since he had learned to speak, he has had many, many questions regarding his father, but it wasn’t until last night that the situation they were in really struck a chord within her.

It had been just like any other night.

She had finished getting him ready for bed, and was in the process of reading him his favorite book, Peter Pan, when he had uttered the words she had never, ever heard her son say… ‘When am I going to meet my daddy?’

Those words had shattered her heart into a thousand pieces, and she attempted explaining that his daddy had to leave and that one day he would come home, but it was like all of her words were going on deaf ears.

There was a part of herself that had hoped a good night of rest would help keep his mind off things, but it was quite obvious that he wanted—needed his father more than anything else in this entire world, especially at this age.

It was hard going all this time without the man that had fathered her child—the man that she wished knew how much he meant to her—the man she missed more than anything, but living with the fact that her son didn’t know or understand the reasons he wasn’t here with him was a pain she wished he never had to endure.

But here they were six years later dealing with the one thing she never wanted him to go through…the absence of a father.

Her entire childhood and teenage years had been like that.

It was the last thing she wanted for him, but it wasn’t his fault that he wasn’t here.

It was hers.

And she regretted her decision every single day, but it’s not like she could be completely honest with him.

He was too young.

He wouldn’t understand the reasons he left or the reasons he wasn’t here.

She hoped—prayed—wished that he would come home soon.

Not only for her and his family, but for their son…Kaeden Samuel Jerome Lane-Kent.

She quickly stepped out of the car before making her way to the backseat, and started unstrapping him from his booster seat, but when he remained sitting in the same position, she knew that she needed to find a way to cheer her little boy up. “What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

Kaeden stared deeply into her eyes, and tilted his head to one side, questioningly. “Does my daddy not love me? Is that why he isn’t here?”

This was all her fault, she thought to herself, if she would have just listened to her cousin, her son would have his father, but of course she had put his future above her own needs and wants.

It was always like that between them.

“No, honey, your daddy loves you very much, but it’s complicated and it’s very hard to explain, but I promise one day your going to meet him.”

He pouted. “I want to see him now!”

“You can’t, Jae.”

Tears filled his baby blues. “Why not?”

“You just can’t,” she told him, as she swiped her thumbs underneath his tear streaked cheeks. “Where your daddy is, is no place for a child—”

“I’m not a child,” he interrupted her with such confidence that she felt like she was staring at the miniature version of herself when she was his age.

“Yes. You are. You are my little boy. You will always be my little boy.” She took a deep breath, as she curled her fingers into his dark locks. “I know you want your daddy. I want him too, and so do your nana and papa, but we can’t always get what we want. I’ve told you that several times. You’ll meet him one day, and I can promise that he’ll love you just as much as I love you.”

A soft smile appeared on his lips for a split second before it fell into a frown again. “Can you tell me about him?”

“How about this, when I pick you up, I’ll take you somewhere that meant a lot to your daddy, and I’ll tell you everything and anything you want to know about him.”

“Really?” He asked with an excited grin.

She nodded. “ Now, get your little butt inside of that house. I’m pretty sure you’re nana and papa have some goodies waiting inside for you.”

And just like that his downhearted mood transformed into one of complete and utter happiness.

That boy was like a hurricane, she thought to herself, so much like his father. Not only did he have his looks, but he also had quite a few of his characteristics, including the ability to brood like no other.

It was more than amazing having a reminder of the man she had wanted to be more than friends with, but sadly, she had never gotten the chance to tell him before he left for his training.

Among other things, she reminded herself, even though she was reminded of the mistake she had made every single time her little boy asked any questions related to his father.

Clark Jerome Kent.

There was a part of herself that knew she needed to be honest with her son regarding the real reason his father wasn’t standing with them here right this second, but the other part of herself was terrified that he would think she did this on purpose.

How would she make him understand that she was only doing what she thought was right at the time?

They might have not been together, romantically speaking, but they had been together in another sense, and that moment—that memory had created the little boy she loved with all of her heart, and even though she didn’t know what he would think of all of this she had a feeling that no matter how their son came into this world he would want him to know everything.

Honestly, having that conversation with her son wasn’t going to be all that hard. It was going to be the conversation that would happen when Clark inevitably set his eyes on the boy that was a spitting image of himself.

It has been six years since she last saw those cerulean eyes of his—six years since she heard his teasing voice—six years since she flirted with the handsome farm boy, even though back then she would have denied ever doing anything of the sort.

As much as she missed her Smallville, she was more terrified over the fact that he would hate her for keeping this from him—for not telling him that she was pregnant before he left all of those years ago…

Not sure why this particular story won’t leave my head, but I figured that I’d get the idea out there for the rest of you to read. This is going to be shorter than my previous story, A Summer in Love, and shorter than my current story, A Second Chance, but nonetheless it will have just as much angst, heartbreak and danger as they do 😊

Technically, Jonathon shouldn’t be alive since this story doesn’t pick up until the middle of season six, but I never liked that storyline, even though it happens in every Superman verse, so I decided to keep him alive instead of killing him off 😊

Hope you enjoyed the prologue 😊

Just found this last night. Seems promising, great potential. Are you thinking to continue and finish this one anytime soon? Hope so🤗

Comment

Originally posted by Sykobee
      Just found this last night. Seems promising, great potential. Are you thinking to continue and finish this one anytime soon? Hope so🤗
      Yes, I do intend on getting back to this story, but I kind of got caught in my two current stories, so had to put this one on hold for the time being. I will be finishing this story though. I hate leaving a story unfinished, so rest assured this one will be the next one I start posting updates for as soon as I finish Always & Forever and the first series to The Beginning Of Our Story.

Comment

♥️♥️♥️yes

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎