Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

How many Star Trek shows on CBS all Access does this make? I mean, between this, Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks and the Philippa Georgiou Section 31 spin-off...
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 09-21-2023, 08:53 PM.

Originally posted by jon-el87
    From CBR:

How many Star Trek shows on CBS all Access does this make? I mean, between this, Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks and the Philippa Georgiou Section 31 spin-off...
    Bring it on!!! I’ll watch them all!! Just rename the streaming service Star Trek Universe or S.T.U. for short

Comment

Babs Olusanmokun, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding, Jess Bush and Melissa Navia will join the Paramount+ production as series regulars.

Babs Olusanmokun (Black Mirror), Christina Chong (Tom and Jerry), Celia Rose Gooding (Jagged Little Pill), Jess Bush (Skinford) and Melissa Navia (Billions) will join the Paramount+ production as series regulars.

Comment

I really hope this show is good. The actors involved did well on Discovery but I have had mixed feelings about that show and Picard. If I think of Lower Decks as Futurama meets Star Trek, I enjoy it overall. However, I feel like they lay on the Star Trek references and shout outs even thicker than a Junkion makes pop culture references.

Comment

I’m curious what characters they will play. I’m guessing that none of them will be characters from “The Cage”. One suggestion I saw was one of them playing an Ensign Uhura.

Some people suggested Jeffrey Combs as Dr. Boyce. That would be great but I don’t think that will happen.

Comment

It'd be a minor thing, but it would be fun if Una (Rebecca Romijn) mentions having a cousin named Christine Chapel.

Comment

Comment

The prequel series will debut on May 5th, 2022 and it’s been given an early S2 renewal…I guess they have a lot of faith in it!!!😁

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to this because I'm a fan of the Captain Pike era.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I have enjoyed this show overall so far. However, I’m not a fan of them playing fast and loose with canon. Akiva Goldsman can’t resist playing with TOS toys in a pre-TOS sandbox. The Gorn for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                            I have enjoyed this show overall so far. However, I’m not a fan of them playing fast and loose with canon. Akiva Goldsman can’t resist playing with TOS toys in a pre-TOS sandbox. The Gorn for example.
                            I'm kind of mixed on some of this... for example, Nurse Chapel is definitely a lot more interesting in this new version, and I really think Uhura is great. On the flip side, though, I'm still not feeling Paul Wesley as Captain Kirk. There's a certain handsome over-the-topness that Shatner and Chris Pine had that I'm not totally feeling here, even though I like Paul Wesley as an actor.

And Anson Mount is A+ as Pike. Though, since his TOS appearances are VERY limited, I guess there's not that much of a comparison to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV

I'm kind of mixed on some of this... for example, Nurse Chapel is definitely a lot more interesting in this new version, and I really think Uhura is great. On the flip side, though, I'm still not feeling Paul Wesley as Captain Kirk. There's a certain handsome over-the-topness that Shatner and Chris Pine had that I'm not totally feeling here, even though I like Paul Wesley as an actor.

And Anson Mount is A+ as Pike. Though, since his TOS appearances are VERY limited, I guess there's not that much of a comparison to be made.
                              I hear you. I think they could have Chapel more interesting but still been more true to canon. The inclusion of Kirk at all is suspect and unnecessary. I do think Paul Wesley is getting better the more he appears but agree that he doesn’t have the same swagger you would expect.

Yes, I have enjoyed Pike for the most part…still not a fan of him knowing his fate though. Pike does seem very different than the original but as you said, there isn’t much material to compare it to.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎