No announcement yet.

Loki (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1 Episode 5: Journey Into Mystery

I don’t know how I feel about this penultimate episode since it feels like there are still things to uncover as it were.

[SPOILER] I’m not sure that it’ll be Jonathan Majors as Kang if the villain is revealed. Someone like Kang the Conqueror, I think they’d want to save a villain like him for Ant-Man 3. So, the most likely person behind the curtain is probably another Loki. It would be a fun twist if it were Miss Minutes like some of suggested.

Anyway…

So the people pruned are sent to a purgatory “The Void” and because Lokis are known to survive, they have above anyone else.

It was fun to see Loki’s reaction to the others, especially Kid Loki CrocLoki. It was even better having President Loki about to strike only to be double crossed and then all out Loki brawl ensues.

Gods of Outcasts!!! It’s weird that no other Loki had the idea to try to get around Alioth…they all couldn’t have had bad plans; they’re lazy what it sounded like 😂 And as powerful as Classic Loki was, he didn’t have the ability to enchant?

I did like the tender moments between Loki/Sylvie and Mobius/Sylvie.

So will this final episode have Loki/Sylvie battling the true manipulator? (Are we going to really get introduced to the villain so late into the series). Meanwhile, we’ll cut to Mobius battling Renslayer.
    [/SPOILER]

I don’t see them resolving all the loose ends in 45 minutes without it being rushed. I hope we do get a second season with this series; one of these will have to be more than a limited series.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      I don’t see them resolving all the loose ends in 45 minutes without it being rushed.
      Where did you get that number? If the finale is 45 minutes, it'd be the second shortest episode of the series (after "Lamentis").

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      [SPOILER] I’m not sure that it’ll be Jonathan Majors as Kang if the villain is revealed. Someone like Kang the Conqueror, I think they’d want to save a villain like him for Ant-Man 3.[/SPOILER]
      You know, you could be right... and wrong at the same time. This show has been all about variants... there are several variants of Nathaniel Richards (aka Kang) in the comics. One of whom is Immortus... who (worked for the Time-Keepers) constructed himself a fortress in Limbo (which, based on the Marvel database wiki, is the base of operations for Alioth). So, the villain of the story might not be Kang, but a Nathaniel Richards variant who goes by "Immortus".
      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Where did you get that number? If the finale is 45 minutes, it'd be the second shortest episode of the series (after "Lamentis").
        It’s a ballpark estimate…give/take 1 minute or 2 with the 6-7 minutes of credits, most of this series has ran about the length of any broadcast show (42-48 minutes minus credits); even with the shortest - the Lamentis episode clocked in at 36 minutes before credits. So far to date none of these series have ran episodes longer than 60 minutes (with credits)
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-08-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Comment

Supposedly Marvel Studios Canada posted a potential spoiler: [SPOILER] According to a recent tweet a high-ranking member of the Time Variance Authority could be another one of the series' Loki variants. The account posted three tweets that highlighted every Loki featured in Episode 5 of the series, and one image was a solo shot of Hunter B-15.[/SPOILER]

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out in this last episode…if at all

Comment

Loki renewed for season 2!!!…it’s the first Marvel series to get more seasons, can’t wait to see more!!!

https://deadline.com/2021/07/loki-re...on-1234792655/

Comment

Season 1 Episode 6: For All Time, Always

Not exactly the finale that I think most of us were anticipating but, that ending just opened a whole world of possibilities.

This episode will be very divisive amongst fans because of how heavy on exposition it was and how short this episode felt. Some will definitely hate it and others will absolutely love it. I find I’m in the middle (after only watching it once).

[SPOILER] It literally took a Loki to screw everything up😂 So Sylvie just unleashed all those Kang Variants by killing “He Who Remains” (and he was probably the nice one) thus creating a new “multiverse of madness”…can we really trust the “He Who Remains” (not the last one anymore)? Sylvie also caused the timeline at the TVA to change; which was instantaneous.

I’ll have to rewatch the “He Who Remains” explanation about the first Multiversal War.

I guess we know where the Kang from Ant-Man 3 came from (at least how he was unleashed).

For now, I got questions!!!
                Who’s in charge of the TVA now?
                What will our trio do next (Loki, Mobius, B-15)?
                Where did Renslayer go?
                Will Sylvie become the Enchantress?
                Will we see other Kang Variants in other shows before Ant-Man 3?
                Are there Prime versions of everyone? All they’ve discussed in this series concerned Variants…they had to come from one that branched off into the universe. I know I may be looking too deep into it; speaking of which…

I did notice when they showed all those branches, they also showed two parallel lines…2 sacred timelines? (I know it may just have been the monitor glitching)
                [/SPOILER]

Happy to know that a season 2 is actually happening. When?!? is the question.
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-14-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Episode 6:

I know that they called him "He Who Remains" (which is an existing Marvel character, who created the Time-Keepers), but an Immortus by any other name is still Immortus. So my prediction was correct...

Obi-Wan: "From a certain point of view."

When the sacred timeline started branching off, after the death of He Who Remains, I had expected to see clips from past TV shows and movies (ex. the Fox X-Men franchise). Thus depicting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as taking place in another universe (separate from the main MCU). Though, Feige probably doesn't want to ackowledge the projects that were outside of his control (thus giving them some type of connection to the MCU).
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I didn’t even realize what was actually happening in the scene until the second viewing…[SPOILER] No matter what happened “He Who Remains” was done; either he find his two replacements or he would die. Once the decision was made he could no longer see into the future and the timeline would start to branch.

I’m just confused about the TVA…if they’re located out of time, how did timeline change for them too? And it was an instantaneous change
                    [/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

Assembled: Making of Loki

Again, I miss getting these special features usually on physical media. I appreciate the series (and the previous MCU series) more because of the inside looks of why these characters and story arcs went certain directions.

I loved that Tom Huddleston narrated...I’ve curious if he’s narrated like a nature documentary cause his voice lends well to that. I also loved that Owen Wilson and Huddleston had the same chemistry off screen as they did on screen (more so than with Sophia Di Martino)

I’m glad they went in a different direction than the fans may have initially though the Loki series would go…which is Loki creating chaos all through time and space. If they had gone that way than it would be like getting the MCU’s version of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

It was fun to see how they came up with all those Loki variants using the source material and a great wardrobe department. I knew they couldn’ use a real alligator on set but, used a stand-in pillow alligator. I thought they were going to show a mo-capped alligator (which they sort of did)😂

As expected, “The Wizard of Oz” was a big inspiration for the “He Who Remains” (Kang) reveal. It was interesting to see how they formed Jonathan Majors’ look with the mixed matching of different pieces from everywhere. And that he filmed that scene the last week of shooting.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-10-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Ke Huy Quan Joins Season 2 Of Marvel Series

Ke Huy Quan is joining Loki.

The Goonies and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom star, who made his acting comeback in Everything Everywhere All At Once, has been cast in the second season of the Marvel drama series.
                          https://deadline.com/2022/09/loki-ke...es-1235114371/

Comment

Comment

Season 2 Episode 1: Ouroboros

Really enjoyed this episode immensely. This was how you premiere a season.

It hits the ground running literally and we quickly learn that Loki is not in another timeline, but in the past (something that should not be happening within the TVA) “time slipping” between past/present. The phenomenon looks painful as he randomly goes between the past and present through time and space. As other reviewers have mentioned, it looks like the live action version of glitching from Spider-Verse. Question is: was that deliberate?

The chemistry between Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston is what makes this series. Then you add Oscar winner Ke Huy Quan (who went from EEAAO straight into this prior to the Oscar win), it’s a trio I didn’t know I needed.

Loved the introduction of Ouroboros and the “time slipping” concept. The scene played perfectly for the audience to understand the concept as we see Loki time slipping from past to present as O.B. remembers. Again, the banter between Morbius and Loki was hilarious as it’s revealed how they have to stop Loki’s affliction. Which would be worse getting your skinned peeled off or getting pruned from all timelines?

It’s gonna be a wild ride and I’m here for it.
                              ​​

Comment

I liked it too. Ke is such a fun addition. No matter how old he is, he's always a pleasure to watch.

Pretty interesting revelation that He Who Remains was in cahoots with Renslayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎