Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome (Again) To KryptonSite's Superman & Lois Forum!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome (Again) To KryptonSite's Superman & Lois Forum!

Seems four months of the database has disappeared after being promised it would never happen again. While I'm sure it truly won't happen again now, we do again need a place to discuss the upcoming Superman & Lois series on The CW, so... welcome back! Hopefully this will be a fun destination to talk about the upcoming show.

News: http://www.kryptonsite.com/category/superman-lois

I just hope they keep politics and other agendas out of the show. I have stopped watching almost all of the cw shows because of it. Maybe they will stick to telling a good Superman and Lois story for the ages! That is my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrocity
      I just hope they keep politics and other agendas out of the show. I have stopped watching almost all of the cw shows because of it. Maybe they will stick to telling a good Superman and Lois story for the ages! That is my hope.
      I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Atrocity
        I just hope they keep politics and other agendas out of the show.
        I have to admit I've often groaned about the clumsiness and the subtlety of a sledgehammer with which Supergirl communicates as a show, but how do you keep politics out of shows? Alsmost every action sci-fi show I've ever watched was ingrained with political messages. Drugs bad, communism evil. Young black man in ghetto = gang member. Or is it just when it's the (perceived) wrong politics that such demands of keeping politics out come up?

I remember when watching Smallville's sixth season episode Subterranean that people complained about the illegal alien story line when Clark likened his own arrival on Earth with Javier. To me Clark's action were just "I need to protect this one kid who is in trouble right now" while others apparently read into it "everyone should be allowed to come to the US without constraint". Mind you this was in 2006, ten years before current politics were even an issue.

Comment

DJ, you make some good points. The only other episode where I thought something with a political agenda was going on was when Oliver gave his speech to the media and talked about the immigrants coming in. For me, I just always enjoyed the show. I liked seeing Clark and the gang grow up and watch the circumstances that led to where each character ended up. I would say that, overall, Smallville did a great job of keeping politics and agendas out of their show.

Comment

Agree that Superman and Lois doesn't need the political agendas that is heavily used in Supergirl.

Also glad that Superman and Lois will have its own writers apart from Supergirl's as we have one writer who worked on Krypton.

Comment

I cant wait for the show and im extra excited because it will be in the same 9/8c timeslot on Tuesdays as my favorite show of all time Smallville! Seems like a good way to premiere the show and also catch lightning in a bottle again. Also, it helps theyll have the strong The Flash as a lead in. The Flash now holds the record as being the only CW series to hold the same timeslot for its current run and has been the consistent number one series on The CW Television Network 6 years running.

Smart programming decision by the channel and also, from what ive heard, it really is like a new version of Smallville with a big focus being on our main characters sons. Nice way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of when Smallville premiered.

Comment

I hope all the political posturing and assumptions are kept out of this show, too. I don't watch superhero shows to see how the actors vote, and I'm sick of them behaving like their platform makes them an inherently better role model.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                  I have to admit I've often groaned about the clumsiness and the subtlety of a sledgehammer with which Supergirl communicates as a show, but how do you keep politics out of shows? Alsmost every action sci-fi show I've ever watched was ingrained with political messages. Drugs bad, communism evil. Young black man in ghetto = gang member. Or is it just when it's the (perceived) wrong politics that such demands of keeping politics out come up?

I remember when watching Smallville's sixth season episode Subterranean that people complained about the illegal alien story line when Clark likened his own arrival on Earth with Javier. To me Clark's action were just "I need to protect this one kid who is in trouble right now" while others apparently read into it "everyone should be allowed to come to the US without constraint". Mind you this was in 2006, ten years before current politics were even an issue.
                  I would say politics is inherently full of grey morals, there's rarely a 100% correct answer, only compromises. The problem comes when a show decides that it's much more black and white and says/implies to the viewer there's only one right way of thinking. That's the point at which it becomes painful to watch, especially as a non-American viewer as the politics elements aren't necessarily relevant to an international audience.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎