Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Welling Returns - AS CLARK - For Crisis on Infinite Earths!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly hope Tom and Erica were offered a better deal.

Comment

No surprise there about Rosenbaum if it's a walk-on cameo. Unfortunately he's not high on their priorities like Tom Welling was.

Comment

I dont take anything anyone says involving Crisis too seriously. After Welling said he hadnt heard anything about Crisis and that he wouldnt be there for it, then to hear he and Erica were signed up, im taking Rosenbaum saying he wont he there with a pound of salt. He can say hes not involved all he wants but i think hes trying to throw off the track.

Comment

Smallville's Erica Durance has posted a photo on Instagram heralding her arrival for Crisis on Infinite Earths in Vancouver.

So... they approached Michael barely a week before production begins... You'd think that they would have casting and the script (which, depending on their plans for Michael's Lex, could now need rewrites of several scenes) done by now.

Their refusal to tell him anything or show him a script raises the question if there's something in it, that they know that Michael won't like. On his podcast, Michael have often noted that he returned for the series finale for the fans. Would such a man agree to be in something, if he knew that he'd be in it for maybe 30 seconds* and then just be killed off (essentially a middle finger to the fans, many of whom are just watching this crossover for his, Tom's and Erica's return)?

* Allowing them to use his image to hype up the crossover. Just like how the last one heavily promoted the appearance of John Wesley Shipp as the 90's Flash (with him, ultimately, only appearing in like three brief scenes). With this, there does seem to be more online buzz regarding the return of Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Burt Ward, Brandon Routh as his Superman and Kevin Conroy (no doubt minor characters; they're not going to have a bunch of guest characters come in and save the day) than the main characters of the Arrowverse shows (in regard to the crossover). It's not so much "what will Oliver, Barry and Kara do" as "will characters from these shows and these movies appear?".

Comment

Clois back together...... yayyy

Comment

I love that picture!!!!!

Comment

I am a huge fan of Smallville and have been since it first began in 2001, and I wish that the news that Tom Welling and Erica Durance are reprising their roles of my favorite Clark Kent and Lois Lane in this event excited me as much as it does some, but it doesn't. My advice to those of you who are excited about this event is to not be too excited about it. After all, we all know what this event is about as it came to the comics and that is the consolidation of Earths, which means quite frankly that I am really worried that it may mean the obliteration of the Earth that Smallville is on. I mean, it concerns me at that that may want to make it so that there is only one Superman and Lois Lane, and if that is so then that means we will probably lose all but the ones that are a part of the Arrowverse. So I am glad that those of you who are excited about this are excited but as for me I go into this event with great concern and trepidation.
                Last edited by Stealcat1000; 09-27-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

But if you remember the crisis from the comics, the original Clark and Lois survived and went to live in a paradise universe.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                    But if you remember the crisis from the comics, the original Clark and Lois survived and went to live in a paradise universe.
                    Perhaps one shouldn't look too hard on the comic book storyline. This is an adaptation. To adapt means to change, to adjust, to make more appropriate. They're not going to follow the comic book storyline beat by beat. It had Supergirl dying, and be non-existant for the post-crisis universe (well, until 2004). Obviously, they are not going to do that. Nor are they going to kill off Barry Allen (despite it happening in the Crisis storyline).

More likely, it'll be the basic premise: the Anti-Monitor shows up, tries to wipe out all universes, but the superheroes stop him. Maybe Earth-1, Earth-38 and Black Lightning's universe merges into one. Of course, as I understand it, the people behind Black Lightning didn't want it to be in the Arrowverse and be unconnected. So, all three universes could remain separate. Universes will be destroyed, but hopefully just universes like Earth-3 and Earth-19, not the Earths that the returning guest heroes hail from. It's unclear if they wiped out Earth-90 (home of the 90's Flash) last time. John Wesley Shipp's Barry took off to Earth-1, when the Monitor did something with that book (maybe he just restored Earth-90 to its usual state?). Then sent Earth-90 Barry back home, when he vanished in smoke.

There are cause for concern, because of past experiences. An early draft for the first Mission Impossible movie would've had the return of the original characters/cast, who'd then be wiped out. Linda Hamilton refused to do Terminator 3, because Sarah Connor would just be killed off half-way (without anyone taking the time to mourn her), so they killed off Sarah offscreen. The Force Awakens brought back Harrison Ford, just to kill off Han Solo (though, in that case, the actor had wanted Solo dead since the early 1980's). There are many other cases, where actors are brought back, just for their characters to be killed off (guess the writers think it's a workable alternative to a red shirt).

Best case scenario: Because of the increasing number of returning cast member of old shows and movies, it is unlikely that most of them are playing a big role. It'll be smaller cameos. Maybe 10-20 seconds of Tom and Erica at the Kent Farm (despite selling it in 2011), with them looking at the sky, while it turns red. A scene just like happens for Ashley Scott, Brandon Routh's Supes, Burt Ward (assuming he's even playing Dick Grayson) and Kevin Conroy. Then, because the writers have seen Avengers Endgame (and want to cash in on it*), as the superheroes of Earth-1, Earth-3, Earth-38 and Black Lightning's Earth are fighting the Anti-Monitor, portrals opens and the superheroes from the older shows join the fight. Then, maybe, some cameos by them at Oliver's funeral (before they head back to their own universes).

* I remember a scene from Legends of Tomorrow, where they just re-created the famous scene from E.T. (in an episode that was largely just a knock-off of the film).

Comment

Clark Kent meets Clark Kent!!!...Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin strike a pose with the Arrowverse‘s Lois Lane, Elizabeth Tulloch:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFu1Iy6W...g&name=900x900

Comment

I got my wish to see the Clarks meet in the same Smallville farm. I'm betting it was Erica who took the pic. I think the Clarks will team-up as themselves to fight against something without one of them wearing the suit.

I expect Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Batwoman, Ray Palmer, Sara Lance, Heatwave, and the Earth-38 Superman and Lois to be in all 5 parts. Black Lightning and Smallville Lois Lane may be around 3-4 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                          After years of me whining about Tom not wearing the suit, the nostalgic side of me almost hopes he can't find where he put it so he just puts on the blue shirt/red jacket combo for old times' sake.

It would feel a little weird for Smallville to have been his journey to Superman only to have that big thing happen in something that's not his series.

Blue-shirt-red-jacket for the win!

(Or equally as nostalgic, red-shirt-blue-jacket)

Can't believe this news is real. I just found out. Of course I came home to KSite to see what the crew was saying about it. Regarding expectations, I have none. I'm just amazed Tom actually signed something somewhere and agreed to be Clark again. It's going to be so weird (but so good) to see him and Erica as Clark and Lois again. I just hope it has a Smallville feel and that it's not too short. It would be cool if it actually felt like a continuation of the smallville series even if it's just one scene. Is it just one scene ? Do I need to watch all five shows ? I trust ksite will keep me posted. Also a nod to season 11 would be nice. I don't remember the storylines that well now but I did read the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                            Also a nod to season 11 would be nice. I don't remember the storylines that well now but I did read the entire series.
                            Well, I wouldn't hold my breath. Though, that would be one way to get Cassidy Freeman in there. Use some stock footage of Red Tornado from Crisis on Earth-X (existing VFX) flying around, with Freeman doing some voice over for the character (making this the Red Tornado seen at the end of season 11). If other superheroes from Smallville's universe shows up, have one be a blonde woman who shrinks (i.e. the female Dr. Palmer from the season 11 comic). Maybe have Tom also show up as Cyborg Superman (a character set up in the season 11 comic). Heck, if they wanted to (though, I doubt that they will) they could have Tom (in addition to playing Clark) play several other characters from his universe. Cyborg Superman, a guy with sunglasses and energy projected from his hands (the Eradicator), a guy whose face distorts when he's in the sun (a new Bizarro). All joining in on the fight against the Anti-Monitors. Three additional characters, for the price of one actor.

The crisis storyline in season 11 could be retconned as merely being a test by the Monitor (with the seemingly destroyed universes still being intact). That would allow them to also use a now benevolent Ultraman.* Though, I doubt that they'd reference the season 11 crisis. Which is unfortunate, as that would create a lot of tension between Tom, Erica and the Monitor. They've had dealings with his kind in the past, so they really don't trust him. Of course, he could simply say that he's been testing the heroes of every world present, with the season 11 storyline giving some meat on the bones for that statement. If you want to know how the Monitor tested Smallville's Earth, go back and re-read (or read for the first time) the season 11 comic.

* And the Superman of Earth-13 and Mister Majestic, but I'm skeptical about them being brought in (in the case of the latter, Tom should not play him; because Mister Majestic looked like he could be half-black Kryptonian, making it unsuitable for Tom to play him). With Ultraman, they'd probably still have that T-shirt somewhere in storage.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 10-02-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                              After years of me whining about Tom not wearing the suit, the nostalgic side of me almost hopes he can't find where he put it so he just puts on the blue shirt/red jacket combo for old times' sake.
                              Well, personally, if I was writing this (and Tom agreed to be in the suit), I'd keep him out of the suit for the majority of his scenes (also hide it from promotional material). Explaining it away, as his suit having recently been destroyed by Atomic Skull or someone (and he hasn't gotten the new one yet). Tricking the viewers into believing that he won't wear it. Then have him appear in the suit, during the climax, giving you a shock. Of course, then, maybe, him wearing the suit would overshadow everything else. You're seeing Tom Welling fully wear a practical Superman suit, after 18 years. Also, there's some stuff going on in the background (that you're not paying attention to).

Comment

Marc Guggenheim has confirmed the Smalvlille comics are canon, and Clark and Lois have repurchased the Kent Farm.

Good news. Seeing as the 2017 Lois ("Homecoming") did imply that Clark still owned the farm, this doesn't really contradict canon. Just resolves the old question, whether they did sell the farm or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎