Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Welling Returns - AS CLARK - For Crisis on Infinite Earths!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Welling Returns - AS CLARK - For Crisis on Infinite Earths!

BIG NEWS: http://www.kryptonsite.com/tom-welli...finite-earths/

IT'S HAPPENING! Tom is returning for this year's DC TV crossover! What are everyone's hopes for it?

OMG!!! Best News of the Day!!!...I thought there was a slim to no chance he would even want to do it. This will truly be an epic crossover. Though, I hate that we won’t get the conclusion to this crossover event until January 2020.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-19-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, I never thought this would happen!!! Now to get Erica to reprise Lois again for it too!!!

Comment

Crap, now I'm probably going to have to watch this *BEEP*.

I've been fearing this. When I picture it in my head, the words "expensive" (what it should be) and "lackluster" (what it will be) comes to mind (along with cheap ratings ploy, because these shows struggle to get people to watch them, as demonstrated by the ratings).

What it should be: An Avengers Endgame type moment. A portal opens with Superman (TW) taking the lead. Behind him comes all the establishes superheroes of his world, combined with a few of their original characters (Byron Moore, Maddie Van Horn, Lindsay Harrison) and heroes who've emerged since (likely using exiting Arrowverse suits like Obsidian and Firestorm; these things are expensive).

What it will be: Possibly just Tom appearing, together with what few Smallville characters they're allowed to use. Aquaman made over a billion dollars, so DC/WB is probably not going to let them use him. Cyborg is on Doom Patrol, so likely also off-limits (not to mention, the actor's dead... and I'd kinda expect Victor to have upgraded to an exoskeleton over the past 13 years, which would add cost). Superboy is on Titans, so likely off-limits. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are also off-limits. Would the acknowledge season 11 and have Tess be there as Red Tornado (though, the one in Crisis on Earth-X, an existing VFX, could pass for either male or female)? Martian Manhunter would be easy (Supergirl uses him, they have a suit and he's a shape-shifter; so, they wouldn't need Phil Morris, could use the regular actor for the Martian form bits) and Speedy (as they've got a Speedy suit). Anyone who'd need a suit (these things are expensive; one Flash suit is like $20,000) or off-limits wouldn't appear. Maybe Dr. Fate, Stiletto and Warrior Angel (if the suits still exists). Though, all three would likely be new people, rather than Kent Nelson (dead), Lois Lane and Alec Abrams (in "Harbinger", John Constantine notes that other kids have turned into Warrior Angel). Michael Holt appears in the season 11 comic, and they do have a Mister Terrific suit. Angel of Vengeance (assuming that the suit still exists).
        Last edited by jon-el87; 09-19-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

They don't need other characters other than Clark(Supes) and Lois and if JH would do it, maybe Ollie, cause he was a major character on SV as opposed to the other JL members.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
            They don't need other characters other than Clark(Supes) and Lois and if JH would do it, maybe Ollie, cause he was a major character on SV as opposed to the other JL members.
            I'm not saying as major players (where EVERYONE has lines and are played by their original actor). Clark as the main presence. The others as cameos, likely played by body doubles (like in "Icarus"). Heck, the scene in Avengers Endgame had Howard the Duck showing up for the battle, in a blink and you miss it cameo (though, it doesn't change the fact that they had Howard the Duck show up... Who'd miss him?).

Comment

I came back to ksite after like five years just to say im super freaking pumped and i knew this would be the only place people understood! It's a great time to be a smallville fan. I saw this on my newsfeed on fb and started blowing the dust off my tom welling sweater. Yassssssssssssssss.

Comment

Marc Guggenheim answers the question of if Krypton's Cameron Cuffe will be appearing in The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.

Comment

So Brandon Routh's Supes won't have his Lois, unless they cast one, cause I can't see KB doing a guest appearance for this lol

It's so cool to have 3 Superman's on the cross over at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                    So Brandon Routh's Supes won't have his Lois, unless they cast one, cause I can't see KB doing a guest appearance for this lol
                    When it comes to the Superman Returns cast, my pick would be a grown Jason White. As it'd be more interesting to get some follow-up on the apparently half-Kryptonian boy, who was starting to develop powers in 2006 and would now be an adult. Bosworth appearing wouldn't add anything.

Comment

My next hope is Michael Rosenbaum will return as Lex. Hes said hed be open to it.

Comment

Somebody SAAAAAVE ME! Our boy is back!!!!! I'm so happy right now, and thankful to all who made this happen!

Comment

Wow. That is amazing. I couldn’t be happier.

The arrowverse producer’s kind words about Smallville are also very much appreciated.
                          Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 09-20-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

They JUST ANNOUNCED ERICA IS COMING BACK AS LOIS ALSO!!!!!!!!! I can die happy now

Comment

It's really hilarious how the Arrowverse people have gone from completely ignoring Smallville ever existed (much less paved their way for their shows) to desperately bringing back Smallviller characters to boost their crossover's ratings. Pity it didn't dawn on them much sooner. We might have gotten a Justin Hartley cameo on Arrow, had it did. Guggenheim's insincerity in praising Smallville made me want to puke.

Anyway, wasn't sure about tuning in and these news haven't changed my mind. Especially the part where the crossover will explain what has happened to Welling's Clark and Durance's Lois since the show ended. IMO, they have no authority to even touch the continuity of a show they had nothing to do with.

Watch Rosenbaum's cameo as Lex be announced any day now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎