No announcement yet.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (Disney+)

According to Deadline, Ewan McGregor may be picking up his lightsaber again. The 48-year-old Scottish actor is in talks about reprising his role as the heartfelt but headstrong Jedi master in a yet-to-be-titled Disney+ series.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/ewan-mc...rs-1202669319/

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-26-2022, 06:08 PM.

It’s official...Kathleen Kennedy and franchise vet Ewan McGregor took the stage at this year’s D23 Expo to announce/confirm that the Scottish actor will reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a live-action series for Disney+.

The plan is to begin shooting some time in 2020

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/23/2...ming-star-wars
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-25-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I was this on GMA, I was so excited.

Comment

[SPOILER]Hayden Christensen returning as Darth Vader[/SPOILER]

https://deadline.com/2020/12/obi-wan...er-1234654326/

Comment

Will probably be like [SPOILER]the cave on Dagobah in Empire Strikes Back or the Jedi temple in the Rebels episode "Path of the Jedi". Obi-Wan is confronted by an apparitions or illusions of Anakin/Darth Vader (without his armor. Otherwise, why bother having Hayden back, if he's just in the suit (and dubbed by James Earl Jones)?) and has to deal with him.[/SPOILER]

Comment

This sounds like it will be decent. Looking forward to seeing Hayden back.

Comment

It was revealed that several actors and actresses had been added to the Star Wars spinoff cast, including Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie. Hayden Christensen returns in the role of Darth Vader. Ewan McGregor one again plays Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi. In the original film series, Kenobi was played by the late Alec Guinness.

The series' description reads: "The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader."

Comment

Comment

It’s also been confirmed that it’ll be a limited series. Which makes sense but, I assume that because this takes place 10yrs after the Revenge of the Sith and before A New Hope, Obi-Wan’s story (along with Darth Vader’s story) will no doubt be retconned as a part of the narrative that will be told.

Comment

Comment

They missed a golden opportunity to have premiered it on May 4th but…I guess since “A New Hope” will have premiered 45yrs ago and Star Wars Celebration is happening during that week so, it makes the most sense to capitalize on that.
                      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-09-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Comment

Trailer is looking great.

Put together Episode 3, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rogue One, and Episode 4 and you have a connective thread.

Comment

Comment

Whelp! I know what I’ll be watching on May 27th - The two episodes of this first than watch Stranger Things S3A later that night😂😜

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎