Riverdale "Chapter Fifty-Five: Prom Night"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale "Chapter Fifty-Five: Prom Night"

Archie: "College isn't for me."

Well, considering you walked out on the SATs, it clearly isn't. Of course, the characters are now seniors, so you need an excuse to keep them in town (as the show's called Riverdale, so you can't move the whole show to Chicago or something).

This was apparently the first episode produced, after Luke Perry's death. The big question is if they'll write in his death or just have Fred constantly be away.

Acknowledgement could be tricky, as they've got the Gargoyle King, the Farm and now the Black Hood, to deal with and resolve before the season finale. Their plate is pretty full for the next two episodes. Throwing in a Fred Andrews is dead moment and (possible) funeral could be too much, for the last two episodes (if not the final).

The Black Hood was probably not Betty's dad, but an imposter (or will be revealed to have been a hallucination, with someone having somehow drugged Betty). Something arranged by Edgar Washboardabs... I mean Evernever, to scare her.

The Gargoyle King business feels like the writers didn't have much plans for the character. Suddenly, they throw in "oh, the Gargoyle King might be Edgar Evernever" and the Gargoyle King's gospel. Maybe their plan was for Fred to be the Gargoyle King and Perry's death changed things. Or they didn't have a plan, kept putting off planning and suddenly realized that they only had three episodes left of the season.

Hal cooper is alive. That is my theory.

One logical way for Fred Andrews to "disappear" and for the Black Hood to come back would be if Hal Cooper killed Fred, then used Fred's carbonized body to have the sixth dead person in the accident. Hal would have cut his own finger to provide the fingerprints and DNA needed to fool the investigators.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎