No announcement yet.

Black Widow (2020)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Widow (2020)

Brie Larson's 'Captain Marvel' becomes the first female-led superhero movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the global box office, one of only a few female-led films to achieve the milestone.

Rising actress Florence Pugh is in talks to star opposite Scarlett Johansson in 'Black Widow,' Marvel’s stand-alone feature on the Avengers heroine.

It's expected to start filming in June. So, it'll probably be released next year.

David Harbour and O-T Fagbenle have joined the cast. Florence Pugh has been said to be in talks, as has Rachel Weisz.

In regard to Florence Pugh, I have a theory about her potential role.

(Endgame spoilers)
    [SPOILER]In the comics, there are several Black Widows (Natasha Romanov isn't even the first one). One of them is Yelena Belova. Perhaps Pugh could be playing her. Black Widow is obviously a prequel.

It isn't the first time that Marvel have done a prequel. Both Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain Marvel were prequels. They're also introductions of new characters, going forward. The same could apply here. It's a prequel, dealing with an already killed-off character (like Solo A Star Wars Story). However, by including Yelena, they could also turn it into the origin movie of a new Marvel superheroine. Have Yelena be a young girl, whom Natasha befriends and takes under her wing (training her).

Then include a post-credit scene, set in 2023, where Yelena reads about the death of Natasha Romanov. She receives a mysterious package, with a letter from Natasha (arranged in the case of her death). Yelena opens the package and finds Black Widow's gear.
    [/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

From CBR:

Disney and Marvel Studios have delayed the release of Black Widow indefinitely amid growing coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.

Comment

From CBR:

In the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Disney has announced new release dates for Black Widow, Mulan and more.

Black Widow, the next installment of the Marvel Cinematic Univese, has scooped up Eternals' former release date: Nov. 6. As a result, Eternals will take Feb. 12, 2021 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' former spot, and so on and so forth up through Thor: Love and Thunder. Black Panther 2 remains on schedule May 8, 2022, while Captain Marvel 2 is now set for July 8, 2022

Comment

The film has now moved to May 7th, 2021... which means it’s actually been delayed a full year after it was originally going to be released this past May.

And with that...Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which was supposed to premiere on that date has been pushed to July 9, 2021

We won’t see a significant tentpole film being released the rest of the year. I just don’t see it happening. The theaters tried it with Tenet but, it obviously failed. We’re almost in October, I can’t think of anything coming out in the next few weeks worth going out to the theaters. Everything that was supposed to come out has been pushed further back to late November and December (for now).
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-23-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

I just hate that they decided to push it (and several others) back once again.

Comment

It's a lost generation of films, really. WW84 is another one. They've been pushed back time after time and at the end of the day they won't avoid a streaming platform release. Because Hollywood hasn't stopped making new movies and by 2022 (that's when I expect theaters to start operating in almost full capacity again) you will have movies made in 2019, 2020 and 2021 that will expect theatrical releases. And theaters won't be able to accommodate all these films, meaning that some of them will be released digitally.

That's why Warner Brothers made the decision to release all its new movies on HBO Max this year. They were heavily crtiticised for it, but it was the only way to avoid a schedule congestion next year.

Anyway, I hope Black Widow does well in whatever way its released. I like Scarlett and what she's done with the character and she deserves a successful send off.
                  Last edited by costas22; 03-24-2021, 05:09 AM.

Comment

The five year time jump in Endgame was so that the next phase of films would eventually align with our real world time. We’re already a quarter through the year and at this point in the initial release schedule, we would have just gotten Doctor Strange 2. It’s doubtful that they’ll align it unless they add more films per year...which again is doubtful.

Comment

We'll see. According to a schedule I saw on wikipedia, most Phase 4 movies will still come out before 2023 (when the time jump concludes). Ant-Man 3 and GotG 3 will be the only films to come out that year. Of course if we get more delays, we'll have more movies released in 2023...

The time jump was an tricky concept. Granted some Phase 4 films (like Black Widow) take place in the past while others (Thor 4) take place off Earth, but the rest of them have to pretend like they are set in 2023. Or they have to completely avoid mentioning any dates.

How have the MCU shows addressed this? Did WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier ever bring up what year it is?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22

How have the MCU shows addressed this? Did WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier ever bring up what year it is?
                        The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is set six months after the blip and WandaVision is only about three weeks after the blip (but, from beginning to end of the series more like a month with that final after credit scene). And Spider-Man Far From Home was set during the summer season in 2024.

I’m expecting this timeframe to be screwed up at some point whether it’s one of the films or shows.

Comment

Will likely wait until Disney+ doesn't just have it available with Premier Access. Not feeling very hyped for this movie. If anything, I feel that a Black Widow movie should've been done like a decade ago. Instead, they release a prequel, 11 years after her debut and after the character's already been killed off. No doubt, there'll be a passing of the torch to Yelena as the new Black Widow, but that doesn't peak my interest very much.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎