Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Moriah"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Moriah"?

We begin, as always, with “The Road So Far” and Kansas. One more time, next season. *sighs*

We pick up right where we left off. Jack angry and he blasts them, then leaves. He doesn’t kill them though or even, seemingly, hurt them that badly. That gave me hope.

Dean tells Cas he wants Jack dead. Oh, good. We’re defaulting back to old Dean. Yay. /sarcasm “He’s just another monster” Déjà vu.

Jack makes it so no one can lie. Interesting. And fun and funny too. The whole scene where Dean can’t lie to the receptionist was cute (how often does he get to introduce himself as “Dean Winchester”?) as was all the employees not being able to lie.

Also, “Mirror Universe”?” Who else wondered if that was a clue? (Very Star Trek) I also enjoyed Dean calling Dean out for being a nerd (and he didn’t even mention how much Dean knows about, well, Star Trek and other pop culture things.). Dean watches Jeopardy each night? Huh.

Sam’s favorite singer is Celine Dion? Though he tells Dean (and everyone else) that it’s Elvis? Honestly, I don’t see Sam as an Elvis fan. Dunno why but just doesn’t fit him. But then, neither does Celine, IMO.

Sidenote: this facial recognition place: it must be new. Otherwise, why didn’t they use it before? Like when looking for Michael!Dean? Also, the boys are great hackers. Why can’t they just hack the computers from the Bunker? I mean, Sam was pretty good from the get go and then Frank taught them both well (as well as Charlie). They should be able to get in. Dunno. Just bugged me.

Cas, meanwhile, wants to go to Hell to look at the Cage (and put Jack in it). Chuck appears (surprising not many people—lots of fans called it) and then they meet up with the boys. Chuck pulls out guitar and Dean smashes it. Then Chuck takes them back to the Bunker. He says he comes back for the Apocalyptic level events (Michael didn’t count?). He recounts what’s up with the world not being able to lie (“The Purge is real” and “The Queen of England is, in fact, a lizard”). Then he creates a gun that can kill literally anything. Only you have to die in order for it to work. Immediately, Dean takes it and is prepared to sacrifice himself (annnnnnnnnnnnnd we’re going there again. Dean wants to sacrifice himself to take out the big bad. Sam wants to save and also doesn’t want to lose his brother. Dean tells him there is no other option. Then, last minute, there is suddenly another option! It’s been done, TPTB! Enough already!).

Jack, meanwhile, has gone to his Grandma and apparently spared her (why have him kill Mary but not Grandma Kline?). We also get confirmation that Jack’s soul is gone (which still doesn’t make sense to me? How was he feeling remorse earlier if he “feels nothing”?).

I giggled at Chuck’s but about the different worlds. One where there’s no yellow? One that is all squirrels? Heh.

Chuck and Sam talk and Chuck tells Sam that, of all the AU versions of Sam and Dean, they are his favorites. Sam says that Chuck is afraid of Jack.

Cas and Jack, meanwhile, talk. It made a nice change but ouch, the whiplash! Jack went from a.) seeing Nick all the time (where did Hallucifer go?), b.) being angry and running/wanting revenge to calm acceptance and wanting to atone so fast that it practically left skid marks.

Dean shows up (the music in that moment was really good!) and Jack kneels, ready to take his punishment. Sam and Chuck show up (did anyone else notice the bird poo on the side window of the car Sam was driving? How did that happen if the cars are all in the garage at the Bunker? Or are they saying that Sam stole that car?) and Dean can’t do it. Jack tries to make him by offering Mary back but Dean says no.

So, I thought this was all a test. That God was testing the boys (he did reference Abraham and Isaac, which was also a test. I thought that was a clue). I was surprised when Chuck went berserk and killed Jack (which, why didn’t he just do that, rather than tell the boys they had to do it?). Sam shoots Chuck and gets shot himself (um, okay?) and Chuck gets angry. He seems to bring back not only all the creatures that the boys have vanquished up to now but seemingly raises the dead too (anyone else gets AHBL part 2 vibes? With a mix of “Sacrifice”, the season 8 finale?).

We see the Woman in White, Bloody Mary, John Wayne Cacy, etc. Did Chuck pull them from Purgatory? From the Void? What? Does that mean that the Alphas that were taken out are back now too? (And wow, does that mean Season 15—the final one—will be busy. Not only will the boys have to retake out everything they’ve already done, and possibly deal with the walking dead—and how exactly are they going to keep the Supernatural a secret now?!—but they’ve seemingly set up God as the Big bad for season 15. Which, I guess that’s one way to top Lucifer? His Dad. 15 is going to be a busy one for the boys!)

We also see Jack in the Void, with a black blob thing (The Empty? Lucifer? We don’t find out) and Billie too. I’m totally thinking that Jack will be back (c’mon! No one ever stays dead on SPN) and he’ll be the key to defeating God.

We end with Team Freewill being surrounded and fighting off the horde.

So yeah, enjoyed this one up until the last 10 minutes then kinda went “wait, what?” Though I have to admit, it was unpredictable (never saw that coming!), which is something the show has been lately (predictable, I mean).

And now we wait until probably October for the return.
    10--better than eating your co-worker's yogurt
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than having your yogurt eaten by a co-worker
    0%

^^^^ Don't worry, Jack will be back!!! lol

You just know he will find a way out of The Empty and like you said, no one really stays dead on Supernatural, lol

When this first aired, I thought this was AU Chuck because he seemed kind of different from his other appearances. I mean like someone else mentioned in another thread, he almost died against Amara and probably would've.....I thought maybe AU Chuck "God" killed the Chuck that Sam and Dean knew and possibly the other universe Chucks and wants to conquer all, starting with here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
      ^Don't worry, Jack will be back!!
      I'm sure he will be. It's just a question of how and how soon.

When this first aired, I thought this was AU Chuck because he seemed kind of different from his other appearances
      That this was not "our" Chuck seems to be the prevailing theory I'm seeing amongst fans. But then I remember what a jerk Chuck could be in the past and wonder...?

Comment

Yeah, makes me wonder why this version of Chuck (if he's the one we've seen a lot in the past and not the AU version) wasn't seen against Amara. I get it because she's family and he really didn't want to kill her but he was seconds away from death if not for Dean's intervention. I guess he knew Dean and Sam would do enough to save the day and thus, let Amara beat the crap out of him until the last possible second.....still very risky plan at that time.

Wouldn't surprise me if either Amara is not in Reno and actually dead and/or she makes a return next season to try to reason with Chuck and then....gets killed by Chuck.

I was just thinking there has to be some notable name from the past or maybe Bobby, who comes in at the open next season and helps save Dean, Sam and Castiel from all of those hell souls because they aren't getting out of that pickle without some help, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
          Wouldn't surprise me if either Amara is not in Reno and actually dead and/or she makes a return next season to try to reason with Chuck and then....gets killed by Chuck.
          Wouldn't be surprised, honestly. Seems like something TPTB would do.

I was just thinking there has to be some notable name from the past or maybe Bobby, who comes in at the open next season and helps save Dean, Sam and Castiel from all of those hell souls because they aren't getting out of that pickle without some help, lol
          The first name that came to mind was Gabriel (who many fans still feel is around somewhere, somehow). He would make a powerful ally against the forces Chuck has raised. And, of course, always love to see Speight back.

I'm just wondering, if all these creatures have been returned--does that mean the Alphas and Eve (and possibly even the Leviathan?) have all been brought back? Cause if so, wow! Do the boys have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎