No announcement yet.

WandaVision (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon-el87

0:38 Okay, so now Agnes is aware of what is going on (and might have a degree of control over the situation). Maybe she was faking, in that other scene, where she's dressed as a witch. After all, there are a lot of online speculations that she'll turn out to be Agatha Harkness.
    It seems to be that the people under Wanda’s illusion start to snap out of it for a few minutes or so before the illusion takes hold of them again (e.g Monica Rambeau).

Comment

Comment

0:32 The only bee associated Marvel character, that I can think off, is Swarm. However, do they have the rights to him? I mostly associate him as a Spider-Man villain (with Sony having the rights of Spider-Man and several other characters linked to him). Though, he didn't start out as such. He debuted as an antagonist of the Champions (Angel, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Iceman and Darkstar). No idea if that makes any difference (these character rights are confusing).

Comment

0:32 The only bee associated Marvel character, that I can think off, is Swarm. However, do they have the rights to him? I mostly associate him as a Spider-Man villain (with Sony having the rights of Spider-Man and several other characters linked to him). Though, he didn't start out as such. He debuted as an antagonist of the Champions (Angel, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Iceman and Darkstar). No idea if that makes any difference (these character rights are confusing).
          Well it looks like the beekeeper came out of a manhole. Who knows what that’s all about. It may be just another sign that Wanda’s illusion is collapsing around them like the ‘Pleasantville’ moment where we see Wanda holding a red toy helicopter in her black & white Bewitched-esque sitcom illusion.

Anyway... According to a Disney press release, the series will have nine episodes. Disney+ will release the episodes on a weekly basis, concluding on March 5, 2021.

Comment

I just watched “Legends” series, I thought it would be more of a history of each character from the pages of the comic books to their live action versions but, they’re just 6-7 minute recaps of their journey in the MCU...anyway, one forgets how truly powerful Wanda is with her illusions (we don’t get much of it after Age of Ultron) so, I’m excited we get to see more of her other abilities in the series.

Comment

The only bee associated Marvel character, that I can think off, is Swarm. However, do they have the rights to him? I mostly associate him as a Spider-Man villain (with Sony having the rights of Spider-Man and several other characters linked to him). Though, he didn't start out as such. He debuted as an antagonist of the Champions (Angel, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Iceman and Darkstar). No idea if that makes any difference (these character rights are confusing).
              The big question is, is the "beekeeper" friend or foe? While it looks like he is set up as a villain, by the trailer, one can't rule out a misdirect (and it's ultimately revealed that he's trying to help Wanda). If he is a villain, is he the big bad of the series, or just a villain of the week? A minor menace for Wanda and Vision to deal with, while the main plot of the show plays out (leading to the climax). After all, look at The Mandalorian. Not every episode is devoted to Mando dealing with Stormtroopers and imperials. Not that I expect Wandavision to heavily mimic The Mandalorian. At the same time, if you don't throw some antagonists at Wanda, at a few points in the series, you risk having her sitting passively around, in her sitcom reality, while people on the outside are proactively trying to help her (and figure out what is going on)... until Wanda snaps out of it, in like episode eight (the penultimate episode).

Comment

Emma Caulfield will be on the show, in an unknown role.

Comment

Comment

I enjoyed the first two episodes of the series. I’ll have to rewatch them more closely to catch all the little nuances I may have missed (I got the jabs at the sitcom tropes). [SPOILER] I read that we should also be paying close attention to the retro commercials. So far we got a Stark toaster commercial and a Stricker watch commercial.

The first episode was clearly Bewitched (from the interior of the house) but, correct me if I’m wrong...the second episode was from another sitcom; I just don’t know which one; the first episode’s home interior was much more open than the first.
                    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]I liked the second episode a bit more because it took on a bit of “Pleasantville” vibe to it with the illusions starting to break with the red helicopter and the beekeeper coming out of the manhole. As well as just everyone having these instances of confusion on their faces (not just during the Talent Show).

Someone is definitely controlling the sitcoms around them; rewinding the video back after they saw the beekeeper was cool. Though are they being monitored 24/7...why didn’t they start at that moment where Wanda and Vision were starting to question the calendar date; I think there’s more to that than the date of the boss coming over to dinner; even though when the boss was choking and the wife just kept repeating the same phrase over and over that’s when they should have rewound things.

I didn’t recognize the voice trying to reach out to Wanda through the radio. I’m curious if it’s a new character or someone we’ve already seen in the MCU
                    [/SPOILER].
                    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-15-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Think that the voice on the radio was Randall Park's character. Curious about that toy helicopter. Was it a modern-day drone (that crashed, and transformed into a period appropriate toy) or an actual crashed helicopter (that was transformed into a toy)? In the case of the latter, is that how "Geraldine"/Monica Rambeau ended up there? Their presentation of her makes me curious about the other people there. Based on "Geraldine"/Monica, we can conclude that these people (outside of Wanda and Vision) aren't going by their real names in this "sitcom world". Could we be expecting surprises with anyone else. Who is "Dottie" (Emma Caulfield) really? Is she just some random woman assimilated into this fake reality? Are there more to her? Perhaps we'll learn that she arrived with Monica? Was Dottie's technicolor blood supposed to hint at a connection to the technicolor (red) toy helicopter? Or just a momentary "glitch" in the reality, linked to her briefly "snapping out of it"?

Just for fun, I'll throw a wild theory out there about Dottie. She'll transform into a young blonde guy, and reveal herself to really be Dorrek/Teddy Altman/Hulkling. It's a silly little longshot. Just thought that I'd be having a little bit of fun. Though, as a lot of casting news and developments point to them moving towards Young Avengers, one can't rule it out entirely. This show (along with Captain Marvel 2 and Secret Invasion) is one of the three places, where I could see him be introduced.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Did a little bit of digging online. One of the characters is named Phil Jones. In the comics, that's the name of the husband of superhero Moonglow (a pastiche of Zatanna). Though, it's probably just a coincidence. Not to mention, as noted above: it might not be his real name.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Did a quick little semi-rewatch.

In the first episode, the first line is Vision saying: "My wife and her flying saucers".

In the opening credits of episode 2, we see:

03:27 The helmet/mask of the Grim Reaper (the brother of Wonder Man).
                          03:31 Bova Milk (a reference to Marvel character Bova).

The big question is: are these just easter eggs, or foreshadowing? Could the Grim Reaper have something to do with Vision's apparent resurrection?

Dottie says that the Devil is in the detail. Prompting Agnes to remark: "That's not the only place he is".

Dottie also remarks that all this is for the children. "For the children" is a point that is made repeatedly.

It would appear, that whatever is going on, might involve an evil scheme, involving Wanda's children. But whose evil scheme? Agnes' line could hint at Mephisto, which would be accurate to the story of Wanda and Vision's twins, in the comics. However, just because something is one way, in the comics, doesn't mean that it has to be that way, on the show (it's an adaptation after all. In the comics, the twins were erased, but I suspect that they will live on, in the MCU, so that they can become Wiccan and Speed). It could be Chthon (tying into Wanda's comic book origins). Vision's line, in the first episode, could point to the whole thing being linked to aliens.
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Watched this video earlier today, and noticed the blurred image of Wonder Man in the background at 0:24. But decided not to comment on it (there is such a thing as overanalyzing. And if they'd want to keep it secret, why film Jac Schaeffer infront of it, then doing a weak job trying to blur it out?), but after seeing the Grim Reaper reference in the opening credits of episode 2, I thought that I should bring it up.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Okay, new Dottie theory. Won't bother with spoiler tags, as the first two episodes have been out for days.

Dottie appears to be married to Phil Jones. Phil Jones, who happens to have the same name as the husband of superhero and magic user Arcanna Jones/Moonglow (a blonde).

In the first episode, Phil Jones is depicted as having been recently fired, for disappointing Mr. Hart. Putting pressure on Vision to not fail, like Jones. What I'm suggesting, assuming that there is an evil force behind all of this, is that Wanda and Vision is not the first couple to experience this. It's possible that it has happened to others before this, with Dottie (who will be revealed to be Moonglow) and Phil Jones being the most recent ones (that failed to produce the children, or something else, that the evil force wants).

When Dottie seemingly snaps out of it, for a few seconds, she appears to not know who Wanda is (despite Wanda being a well-known Avenger). Compare it to the trailer scene, where Anges seemingly snaps out of it, and knows who Vision is. What's so different about Dottie? In the comics, Moonglow and Phil hail from a different universe, than Scarlet Witch. Opening for a multiverse connection (i.e. Dottie doesn't know who Wanda is, because Dottie is from another universe, where Wanda might not exist), tying into Multiverse of Madness.

Comment

It does seem to be very clear now that who’s ever behind this wants Wanda to conceive children (5:00). There are other tidbits Grace points out (including that there maybe S.W.O.R.D. and HYDRA agents all going after Wanda).
                                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-17-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎