Thread: Joker (2019)

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar

Joker (2019)

New In Town
    he is very cool

I think many casual moviegoers are going to be surprised with this one (whether itís a good surprise is still to be seen).

Gone
    All I'll say about this movie is that it will be a tragedy if it doesn't win Best Picture. And if Phoenix doesn't win Best Actor.

Freaking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    All I'll say about this movie is that it will be a tragedy if it doesn't win Best Picture. And if Phoenix doesn't win Best Actor.

Freaking incredible.
    He differently deserve all the praise for his performance; it was such a scary, raw & real transformation.

It was really a raw, emtional and perfect look at how society tends to mistreat and fail those with mental illnesses. How the system keeps on failing everyone....It was a really, really good movie. Yes, Phoenix needs to win Best Actor for his role in this.

The only drawback? I don't feel like it was a real Joker movie, or rather a movie about the Joker from the Batman series.
    It felt like it was about a gerenic crazy guy who just happened to identify with the Joker from a batman comic book. Maybe he might be some kind of Alternate-universe Joker in a world where Batman and other superheroes doesn't exist. Where superpowers don't exist, so all you're left with is this low-key insane guy.