No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Ouroboros"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Ouroboros"

Super late talking about this but here are my thoughts anyway.

We begin with a guy cooking body parts. Gross. He eats the eye and has a vision of the Winchesters. The boys, Castiel, Jack and Rowena are hunting this dude. We find out they recruited Rowena for a tracking spell but the guy always gets away. Turns out that it’s because he’s a Gorgon and, when eats the eyes, can see the future.

Meanwhile, Jack coughs and everyone worries. “I’m not dying.”

Rowena asks about Dean and Sam replies he’s fine. “Because he’s Dean. And Dean is Dean. He’s fine.” That is the most Sam thing I think Sam has ever said.

Jack, we see, is spitting up blood. He heals himself. I am confused. I thought that he had tapped the power of his soul to already heal himself? He has to do it more than once? That would burn his soul up right quick!

Cas and Dean have a heart to heart and then Jack returns.

Loved the scene about the AV club. *snickers* Dean’s right, Sam would so be AV club material.

We find out that it’s a Gorgon and that it’s kiss can paralyze. We see Noah, the Gorgon, kiss the trucker and paralyze him.

He leaves a note for Dean.

Rowena and Sam try to find info by going to a vet with a transformed Jack as a dog. Watching Sam and Rowena pretending to be a couple was…sort of disturbing, for me. TAhey get the anti-venom and Rowena casts her spell.

Noah, meanwhile, has taken another person. He mentions that men make easier prey because women are more cautious lately. “Waking up from centuries of misogynistic oppression”.

We had found out that the Gorgon can’t see angels so they use Jack and Cas to get the drop on him. But my thing is, how can Noah see Dean with Michael in his head? *shrugs*

Jack beheads Noah and Dean gets knocked out cold.

Cas and Jack talk about losing the boys back at the bunker. Michael, we discover, is now out and free (which directly contradicts a previous episode, doesn’t it? Didn’t they say or at least heavily imply that if Dean booted Michael he would die or melt or something? Explanation please, show).

Michael killed all the AU hunters, including Maggie. Honestly, not too upset. I found Maggie rather annoying (as a character) myself. That just leaves AU!Bobby, I believe? (Where is he, btw? You’d think this would be an all hands on deck sitch!)

Rowena shows up only she’s Michael now. We see that he offered to let her live in exchange for using her body. She pointed out she’s safe from everyone else as Death has said Sam will be the one to kill her. So he threatens her with killing everyone else. She nods (it was noted, this is the first time that someone assented to be a vessel without verbal consent. That’s new) and he takes her over.

Michael tortures the boys and Cas but not Jack? Why?

Michael and Jack fight and Jack says: “I am not a child! I'm the son of Lucifer. I'm a hunter! I am a Winchester!”

And then he pulls him out of Rowena, seems to burn/kill him and then absorbs him/his grace? Anyone else instantly think that Michael took over Jack? Or that Jack used the rest of his soul to do that? Anyone else wonder why Jack couldn’t have done that before? I mean, they had the key to pulling Michael from Dean all this time? And getting rid of him? Um, what?

Jack, seemingly, is back to full power, showing his wings. But what does this mean? Is he using Michael’s grace now? I’m still not convinced Michael is gone.

So a pretty good episode but it felt a bit fractured. The Gorgon story and the Mytharc thing didn’t mesh well, IMO, and I would have rather devoted this episode to one or the other and do the second done another time.
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

Yeah, I also thought that in that moment that Michael became Jack. But then the scene ended and it seemed like Michael is gone....but knowing how this show works I'm sure Michael will return because who else could be the big bad for the remainder of the season? Unless they go somewhere with Nick getting Lucifer back but how many times can they go that route before it becomes "old?"

Comment

There is always "The Empty" or whatever they called the creature from the Void? The thing that made a deal with Cas. If/when Cas has his one perfect moment of happiness it could rise. I wonder if that won't come back into play by the end of the season (perhaps setting that being up to be the big bad for Season 15?).

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
        There is always "The Empty" or whatever they called the creature from the Void? The thing that made a deal with Cas. If/when Cas has his one perfect moment of happiness it could rise. I wonder if that won't come back into play by the end of the season (perhaps setting that being up to be the big bad for Season 15?).

Oh, that's right! lol

Ok yeah The Empty. Or I was thinking this when I watched the episode after this one.....what if Jack sort of spirals out of control with the no soul thing and he becomes evil for a while and that is what Dean, Sam and Castiel have to solve by the season finale? Which in turn, they do something cosmic that opens the door for a new evil to show up.

I have to say if we truly saw the last of Michael than the whole arc was pretty much a bust. Michael had his fun at times and sure there were monsters that he altered to deal with and Dean's life was hell for a bit, but things never really seemed out of control like we've seen from other big baddies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
          Ok yeah The Empty. Or I was thinking this when I watched the episode after this one.....what if Jack sort of spirals out of control with the no soul thing and he becomes evil for a while and that is what Dean, Sam and Castiel have to solve by the season finale?
          I've played with the idea of Jack going bad (perhaps having lost most, if not all, of his soul. Or being 'corrupted' by Michael's grace somehow?). I could see that.

I have to say if we truly saw the last of Michael than the whole arc was pretty much a bust.
          Agreed. If the Michael storyline is over, then yes, fell a bit flat for me too. I feel they squandered the potential there.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎