No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated? What did you think of #4-13"What's So Funny "

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated? What did you think of #4-13"What's So Funny "

Boy that' is a long line isn't? What did you think of this episode?
    10. awesome
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1. Bad
    0%

Much better episode as Supergirl is in fine form and having a team to lead. Both Elite and Children of Liberty are becoming threats. Hope they don’t forget about Red Daughter.

Comment

I *love* that tonight's episode of Supergirl shares a title with Action Comics #775.

In fact, it seems to be an entire homage to that comic issue. Incidentally, the Elite also showed up in that comic issue. And like in the comic book, They too went on a terrorist attack/ramage against those who they felt that they had wronged them and the world.

Superman had to grapple with the idea that the Elite was gaining popularity over him because apparently, they got "**** done". That the public actually wanted heroes who would kill off the bad guys so that the bad guys wouldn't do whatever they did again. He felt alone at times and wondered if he was even making a difference.

It seems that Supergirl was tackling a very similar theme here, but she also had to deal with children of liberty on top of the Elite.

Comment

What's so funny about the truth? Well, for one, that even our biggest heroes lie out of spite in the face of the president. Supergirl destroyed the satellite after the threat had passed just because she didn't like it. And then when asked directly about it, lied to president. This wasn't an omission or white lie to protect her civil identity. This was a lie of the category "I don't like you but I don't have the cojones to be honest with you about it".

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
          Much better episode as Supergirl is in fine form and having a team to lead. Both Elite and Children of Liberty are becoming threats. Hope they don’t forget about Red Daughter.

If they are planning on the Red Daughter arc to last into next season, then I'm ok with how little they have sprinkled in that arc thus far. BUT if that arc is supposed to come and go and be done with by seasons end, then they have done a poor job of showcasing it. I get it's hard to do the Liberty, The Elite and Red Daughter arcs all at once, but I would've liked to seen more of Red Daughter than they have shown to this point.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎