No announcement yet.

Veritas - A New Beginning CLOIS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veritas - A New Beginning CLOIS

New chapters are waiting with the mods so you can read more here - note that this version is NC-17 https://archiveofourown.org/works/17...pters/42094235

I’m so late to this party, but I’ve only just stumbled upon Smallville and after reading some of the wonderful stories around I thought I’d give it a go myself.

This is an AU exploring what Clark’s life would be like if we changed things around a little...Okay a lot but the poor guy had it rough and I want a little more positivity around him. (And a lot less Luthor, Blana and Green K - that stuffs lethal you know)

for now this is PG-13 but it will venture into NC-17 but I’ll post those chapters in the adult section and link them in here.

So...on with the show. Let me know what you think.

Prologue

September 1986

“It’s Dr Swann, Sir, he said it’s urgent.”

Thomas sighed and flashed his wife an apologetic smile before handing his gloves back to the maid. Between the clinic and the board, he’d spent very little time with his family in recent weeks, and he’d promised them this night at the theater. No interruptions.

Yet another promise broken.

“Go.” Martha smiled as she placed a gentle hand on his arm. “We have time, the show doesn’t start for another hour.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll be a quick as I can.” He promised placing a soft kiss on her forehead. His hand reached out to ruffle his sons hair, earning him a playfully huff, before he turned and made his way to his study.

He hadn’t heard from Swann in months. The reclusive genius had been completely off the grid, shrouded in secrecy and consumed in his research. He’d gone to the extremes, and had Thomas not known the importance of such measures, he’d have been concerned for his friends sanity.

There was, after all, such a fine line between greatness and madness.

But he did know. He’d been the first person Virgil had brought his finding to, and he was all too aware of the magnitude of the information they possessed, and the consequences of it falling into the wrong hands.

Taking a deep breath, he sank into his chair and reached for the phone.

“Virgil.”

“Thomas, I…” Virgil’s distinctively strong voice shook, and the breath Thomas was taking got stuck in his throat.

“Good lord.” He breathed, “you’ve done it.”

“Yes. How soon can you get here?”

Hands shaking, Thomas looked at his watch. It was just after six, and although he wanted to call his pilot and have the helicopter readied, it would draw to much attention to his visit.

“I’ll have Alfred drive me, I should be there by eight. Have you informed Robert?”

“Not yet, but I believe he’s already in Manhattan, he should be here by the time you arrive.”

“Good. That’s good.” He nodded, as he ran his trembling fingers though his hair. “Is it what we presumed?”

“It’s more, my friend. So much more.”

The line went dead and with his heartbeat suddenly thundering in his ears, Thomas gently placed the phone back on his desk.

More?

How was that possible? They’d pushed the board on theories, considering everything from Russian or Korean War tactics, and deep space satellite communications, to alien transmissions in nearby galaxies. What could possibly be more than that?

With adrenaline coursing though his body, Thomas pushed away from his desk and rushed out of his office. Martha and Bruce were still stood waiting in the foyer, and he was swamped with the all too familiar feeling of guilt, but this was just to important to dismiss for a night at the theater.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, as he watched his wife shrug out of her coat, “I’ll make it up to you both, I promise. But I have to go to Manhattan.”

“Can I come, father?” Bruce asked, his eyes dancing between his parents.

“Not tonight, son.” He said quietly, as he crouched on a trembling knee before his only child. “I can’t apologize enough, but it’s extremely important that I go. But I promise, we’ll spend a day together soon.”

Bruce nodded, ever the understanding child, before he turned and speed off towards the kitchens. He looked up at his wife, and she held her hand out to him, helping him to stand.

“Is everything okay?”

“Virgil cracked the transmission.”

The two hour drive from Gotham City to Manhattan seemed to take an eternity, yet somehow it passed in a blur. As predicted, Robert and his wife Moira were there when he arrived and all three occupants looked up at him as he was shown into the room.

“Thomas.” Moira smiled, holding out her hands as she crossed the room towards him. “It’s so good to see you.” He took her hands softly in his and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

“You as well. Martha sends her love, and her apologies.”

“I expected her to be here.” She sighed as he followed her across the room. “I detest being the odd one out in your little gentleman’s club.”

“No, you miss swapping war stories and having an ally in your attempts to…cajole us mere mortals.” Robert laughed as he held his hand out for Thomas to shake.

“Well somebody has to keep you all in line.”

“Indeed.” Thomas smiled as he moved to greet Virgil. “What have you uncovered my friend?”

The older man took a breath, and gestured for his guests to take a seat. As they did, the lights dimmed and the doors and windows were suddenly hidden by solid steel shutters.

“The most monumental discovery in the history of mankind.” He announced as a projector lit up showing rows of symbols unlike Thomas had ever seen. “This was hidden inside the transmission.”

“What is it?”

“It is a message sent to a man named Hiram Kent. The traveller is coming, and he’s heading for Smallville, Kansas.”

October 1989

“Good morning, Martha.” She set down the crate of apples beside the truck and pulled her gloves off before leaning in to kiss the other woman’s cheek.

“Good morning.”

“No Jonathon today?”

“Robert’s already stollen him I’m afraid. They were talking business before he’d even stopped the truck.” Martha laughed as she followed Moira Queen up the stone steps and into the halls of the Queens mansion. “How’s Oliver?”

“He’s well. All riled up for the homecoming game this afternoon. I had to send him outside before he broke the whole house.” She smiled as she poured two glasses of iced tea and handed one to Martha

“Thank you. God forbid anything come between a boy and his sport.”

“Exactly.” She agreed, as she two women made their way out on to the veranda to enjoy the sunshine. “How are you?”

Martha sighed and cast her eyes to the sky for the hundredth time that morning. She seemed to spend most of her time looking towards the stars, and had for the last nineteen months. Doubting, praying, waiting for her miracle.

“Loosing hope.” She admitted quietly. “Hope that I’d promised myself I wouldn’t feel.”

She felt Moira’s hand wrap around hers and she squeezed it gently. Moira’s arrival on their door step a year and a half ago had been a surprise. Jonathon may have grown up in a small town, but Martha was a city girl, and she knew who Robert and Moira Queen where. More surprising still had been the revelation that their farm hand of six months, Virgil, was none other than Dr Virgil Swann a renowned scientist and astronomer from New York.

The icing on the cake had been their third companion, Thomas Wayne of Wayne Enterprises. It wasn’t every day that their small, two bedroom farm house was brimming with the American elite.

What they had revealed to the Kents that rainy autumn night was a secret so profound, so unbelievable that it had left them reeling for months to come. Jonathon’s father had been the intended recipient of a message from outer space. Kal-El, the last son of the planet Krypton, was being sent to earth to live under his protection.

An alien.

An honestly to goodness alien, from a planet she’d never heard of, was supposedly on his way to earth in search of her father-in-law who had been dead for over seven years. She felt like she’d just stepped in to the twilight zone. It just wasn’t possible, or it wasn’t supposed to be. Not one person in the room knew why, or what exactly this unknown creature would turn out to be, but as far as they could determined, they were the only people on earth that knew about it.

Jonathon had nearly lost his head. He had been terrified for her safety, and it was only Moira’s voice of reason that had prevented him from calling the pentagon.

This is somebody’s son, Mr Kent. He’s being sent to us, to you, by a father so desperate for his child to live that he was willing to risk sending him thousands of light years away to give him even a minuscule chance of survival. How would you feel if it was your son? Virgil has led us to believe that you are a good man. That you have strong principles and a kind heart. Put yourself in his fathers place.

“Their planet has been destroyed, God alone knows just how many Kyrptonians have perished, and Kal-El is the very last one of his species. Clearly they are an intelligent life form and if he’s being sent here, with instructions to find your father, it stands to reason that he must been some form of humanoid child. Are you willing to turn that child away? Because believe you me, if you won’t take him in, I certainly will.”

Since that day, Martha’s dreams had been filled with images of a small dark haired boy, and she grew to hope. But as the months passed, that hope was dwindling fast.

“Don’t lose faith.” Moira whispered, “Kal-El’s journey is a long one and while there’s always a chance that he might arrive after our time on earth in done, we have to hope that’s not the case, and be prepared for him to come.”

They were as prepared as they could possibly be. With the support and advice from the Wayne’s, Queens and Dr Swann, the farm was flourishing, and with investment and various business venture, they were more financially secure than they had ever thought to be. The house had been extended to accommodate a potential growth to their family.

In the event that it was a child and not an adult arriving, Iron clad adoption papers had been drawn up siting the reclusive, and now quadriplegic, Dr Swann, was handing his sons guardianship over to the Kent’s. No one would question it, the papers were sealed, and he hadn’t been seen or heard of by the public in over three years, and only sporadically before that.

It had been another uphill battle with Jonathon, when Dr Swann announced that he’d sold his company and put the majority of his multi billion dollar fortune in trust for Kal-El.

We are grateful for all the help you have given us, but will not accept your charity, Virgil.” Jonathon exclaimed as he paced the foot of his friends hospital bed. “If he is the savior you think he is, Kal-El needs to learn our way of life. He needs to know an honest days work. He needs to learn the meaning of sacrifice, he needs to understand the way of the little people, not just the mighty and wealthy.”

“We may be entrusting you with Kal-El’s guardianship, Jon but contrary to your obvious belief he is not your son, not yet. He wasn’t born a savior, no man is, it’s a right he has to earn. If I didn’t believe that he would learn wisdom, compassion, sacrifice and love within your care, I never would have brought you into the fold.

“But I firmly believe that he has an incredible destiny ahead of him, and for him to achieve that he will need more than just your guidance. He will need the support of all of us, and that includes financial as well as emotional. Wealth doesn’t make a shallow man, greed does, and if you can look past your misplaced pride, I suggest you cast your eyes to our friends.

“Thomas and Robert are great men, and just because they can afford the best, they have not become the worst of mankind. They may not work the land, but they do work hard. They help their communities, they feed the poor, and the Queens have uprooted their lives to be in Smallville to support you. It appears to me that you are more likely to judge us for our wealth, than we are to judge you for your lack of it. Get over yourself, Jonathon and get rid of your prejudices before you make me regret bringing you in.”

That little speech had rendered her husband silent for almost a week, before he’d swallowed his pride and apologised. He could be as stubborn and prideful and the best of them, but though it may take him a while, he will always own up when he’s wrong. It was one of the things she loved about him.

“I had a nightmare last night.” Martha admitted, as she stood and moved towards the rail, watching nine year old Oliver tossing a football back and forth with Jonathon. “I dreamt that Kal-El was more octopus than man. What do we do if he’s so obviously not human?”

“Virgil has a plan in place.” Moira reassured her quietly as she moved to stand by her side. “He obviously won’t be able to live as one of us, but he’ll still get the best care in a place where no one will hurt him or run tests on him. He’ll have the best education and we’ll all be able to visit him if he’s receptacle to it.”

“OLIVER! JON! GET IN THE HOUSE!” Martha’s heart leapt into her throat, and both woman turned to watch Robert as he shot passed them into the garden.

“Robert…what?” Moira gasped but he didn’t answer, he ran straight to Oliver and scooped him up into his arms before turning back toward the house with Jonathon running beside him.

“What’s happened? Robert tell me what’s going on!” Moira yelled as they were all but dragged in to the house.

Martha’s fingers were tingling as her fight or flight reflex kicked it, but she was near frozen with fear, her heart pounding as her eyes darted from one person to the next.

“Get down to the bunker. Virgil called, he said they came from nowhere, one minute there was nothing and the next…BAM!”

“What came from nowhere?”

As soon as the question left her husbands lips, the ground shook and a huge explosion rent through the air.

“Meteorites.”

They turned as one and stared up out of the window as balls of rock and fire rained down towards the earth. There were so many, that the whole sky was awash with colour and smoke, and tremors jolted them time and time again.

“Oh God, Kal-El!” Martha exclaimed, her fear turning to panicked exhilaration as she found her feet and rushed from the room.

“Martha!” Jonathon cried, as he turned to run after her. “Stop!”

“It’s Kal-El, Jonathon, I know it is.” She called back as she jumped into the truck and started the engine. Jonathon jumped in beside her and attempted to snatch the key out of the ignition, but she slapped his hand away and shoved the truck into reverse.

“Please stop, think about what you’re doing.” He begged as the earth continued to shake and she peeled out onto the highway, heading back towards the farm.

“I am thinking…our son’s out there.”

“You don’t know that. You have no idea that it’s him, or what we’ll encounter if it is. He could be dangerous.” He argued as he grabbed the steering wheel, helping her to avoid the falling rocks. The car swerved, and she cursed under her breath as she corrected the steering and pulled it back under her control.

“I know exactly what we’ll find.”

“I know what you hope to find, sweetheart but please…”

“No! This is our son, Jonathon, our son don’t ask me to abandon him before we’ve even found him. He needs us as much as we need him, I will not leave him for somebody else to find.” She cried, her heart still thundering as she cast her eyes around desperately, searching the sky and the fields for any sign of him as they raced closer and closer to home.

And the co-ordinates that Dr Swann had given them.

“Okay, just slow down before you get us both killed. We’ll find our boy, but I’d like to be alive to meet him.” He sighed as he reached over and placed his hand on her knee.

She laughed softly, and turned to smile at him briefly before looking back towards the road, and slamming on the breaks. The wheels locked, throwing up dirt as the truck skidded, and fishtailed it’s way along the road, before coming to a screeching halt.

Shaking and breathless, with her bone white fingers still gripping the wheel, she stared out at the tiny figure that stood still in the middle of the highway. He was so small, no older than two or three years old and as naked as the day he was born. His black hair was thick and spiky. His blue eyes striking, and as he looked at her, his beaming smile lit her whole world.

“Kal-El.”
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-18-2019, 11:03 AM.

Chapter 1

May 2004

“Clark, you’re going to be…late.” He smirked at his mom as he raced into the kitchen and snatched the piece of toast she’d just buttered. Holding it between his teeth, he shrugged on his jacket and quickly rounded the island and pulled open the fridge. “Get a glass.”

He rolled his eyes but grabbed a glass from the shelf and filled it to the top with milk.

“Where’s dad?” He mumbled around the toast before pulling it out of his mouth and leaning down to kiss his baby sister on the head. “Good morning, trouble.”

She was their miracle baby, all chubby cheeks, spiky blonde hair, and grubby little hands that were currently attempting to snatch his toast from her place in the high chair. They’d all thought he’d be an only child from the rest of his life, but thanks to his birth mother, Lara, that wasn’t the case. She’d blessed his parents with a surprise pregnancy just over two years ago, and he’d honestly never been happier.

Neither had his parents.

“He’s run out for diapers, I didn’t realise we were so low.”

“You should have said, I’d be there and back by now.” He huffed before taking a bite of his toast and washing it down with a big gulp of milk. It was his moms turn to roll her eyes, but she did it with a smile, one that he returned as he grabbed his keys off the counter.

“It’s fine, sweetie, we needed a few other things too. Are you coming straight home tonight?”

“Yep. Ollie’s coming at six, then after dinner I’m going to see Jor-El for a couple of hours. So I need to get my chores done first.” He leaned over and tickled Lilly under her chin before kissing his moms cheek and pulling open the door. “I’ll see you later.”

“Have a good day.”

“You too.”

With his slice of toast once again hanging from his mouth, Clark jumped into his truck, dumped his backpack on the seat, and brought the engine to life. The school wasn’t far, but his mom wasn’t wrong, if he didn’t hurry he was going to be late. He been up passed midnight last night, finishing an article for Chloe, and as a consequence he’d slept through his alarm this morning.

As a rule, he very rarely used his gifts when doing his chores, preferring to use it as an additional workout, but he had this morning. He’d sped from one task to the next. Mucking out stalls, feeding and watering the animals, and fixing the two beams he’d damages the day before. After that he’d rushed up stairs for the quickest shower of his life, and he now had the ten minute journey to school as probably his only time to relax for the remainder of the day.

Flipping on the radio he grimaced and quickly changed the channel when Whitesnake blasted through the speakers. It was like nails on a chalk board and that was the last thing he needed this morning. Settling on a calmer, country channel, he sank further into his seat, wound the window down and pulled the toast from his mouth.

He had three months left of school before graduation. Three more months until he had to decide what to do with the rest of his life. He’d already had his acceptance from Met U, paid his tuition, and put a down payment on an apartment. Yet he still had no idea what his major would be.

Unbeknownst to anyone other than his parents, the Queens and the Bruce Wayne, Dr Swann had ensured that Clark never had to work a day in his life.

Neither would his children, or his children’s children: if he could even have any.

But an idle life held no appeal to him. He wasn’t a socialite or a bum. He’d been brought up to appreciate an honest, hard days work, and he thrived on it. Yet, while he love the farm, he’d never seen himself as a farmer, and neither had his parents. He had a higher calling, he knew that, but until he finished his training with Joe-El he had no idea what that calling was.

And he needed a day job.

He sighed and finished the last two bites of his toast. Both Robert and Bruce had offered him internships in any department of his choosing, but as much as he appreciated the gesture, he wasn’t going to use his relationship with them to give him a leg up. Besides, he just couldn’t see himself sitting behind a desk for the rest of his life.

He’d considered the FBI or Fire Department, a career that would put him on the front lines to help people, but DNA and drug testing kiboshed that idea completely.

Maybe I should just start my own company. Kal-El airways, no frills super-sonic airline.

“Yeah, you just have to lean to fly first.” He mumbled, as he pulled off the highway and into the school grounds. Jor-El had told him it was possible, but other then floating up off his bed once, his feet were still firmly on the ground.

As he pulled into a parking space, he spotted Chloe walking toward the school entrance. Quickly grabbing his bag, he pulled out his finished article, and jumped out of the truck.

“Chloe!” He called as he jogged across the lot, dodging cars and students as people rushed to make it to first period before the bell.

Chloe stopped at the foot of the stairs and turned to face him, her eyes wide and her smile as fake as Pamala Anderson breasts.

Clark frowned.

“Clark. Hi. What’s up?” She chirped brightly, too brightly, and it threw every one of his senses onto high alert. He’d known her long enough to spot her edginess a mile away.

“Maybe I should be asking you that.” He pushed back, as she linked her arm through his and all but dragging him into the building. “What’s going on?”

“Going on? Nothing, there’s nothing, everything’s fine. With me I mean. Everything’s fine. Is everything fine with you?”

“Seriously?” He scoffed, one eyebrow rising as he placed a hand on her shoulder, forcing her to stop. “Start talking.”

“Talking about what? I don’t need to talk. Do you need to talk? I’m here, ya know, if you do…need to talk.”

“Chloe…”

“What? I think we should get to class. Don’t want to be late, and just standing around in the hallway is a sure fire way to be late. Just imagine if you bump into anyone else, and then start talking to them…you’ll be really late then and you don’t want that going on your record, it won’t look good for…”

“Chloe will you just...”

“Oh crap!” She moaned, suddenly pulling her arm from his and burying face in her hands. “I’m sorry.”

“What wrong?”

“Hi Clark.”

Every muscle in his body locked down and he clenched his jaw so tight he thought his teeth might break. It was the last voice he expected to hear, and one of only two he hoped to never hear again. His eyes closed and he felt Chloe grasp his hand before he took a deep breath and turned to face her.

“Lana.”

His voice held the a near perfect note of indifference, his eyes were as calm as still waters, and his body was so relaxed he was almost slouched. To any outside observer, and there was a few who had stopped to witness the fatal collision, Clark Kent was the picture of nonchalance.

If they could only see inside him, they’d know that wasn’t the case. His stomach was now located somewhere near his lower intestines, his heart was suddenly stuck in his throat, and his brain had gone into complete meltdown. In that moment he hated her as much as he’d once loved her.

“How are you?” She smiled, reaching out her rock ladened left hand, and placing it on his arm. It took everything in him not to recoil, or to zero in on the gaudy pink diamond that ostentatiously declared the price of her soul.

“Never better.” He smiled back, before looking down to check his watch. The movement forced her hand to fall away, and he breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. “But running late. Maybe I’ll see you later.” His hand fell to the small of Chloe’s back, gently nudging her forward as he turned to make his way towards his first class, and away from his first love.

“Sure, I’ll see you later.”

“Yep. Congratulations, by the way.” He called over his shoulder. “I think you’re perfect for each other.”

“Thanks.” She murmured, her smile as frozen as Chloe’s had been. She didn’t look happy, that was clear to see, but it wasn’t his concern. She wasn’t his concern, she hadn’t been for a while. So he flashed her one more small smile and turned and walked away.

Just as she had done.

“You okay?” Chloe murmured as she linked her arm back through his and squeezed it reassuringly.

“I’m fine.” He lied, knowing full well that she’d see right through him. She knew him as well as he knew her, as well as he allowed anyone to know him.

Minus the whole E.T thing he had going on.

She didn’t know that.

“I only found out this morning that she was back from Paris. I’m sorry, I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

“You’ve nothing to be sorry for. I promise, I’ll be fine.” Eventually. “I’ll see you at lunch.” He smiled, handing her the now crumpled article and ducking into his classroom.

After finding his seat at the back of the room, Clark slouched back and scrubbed his hand over his face. He hadn’t been prepared to see her, not yet, and not out of the blue like that. Her engagement announcement was still too fresh, yet easier to deal with when he thought she was still in Paris.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Kind of.

He’d had a crush on Lana Lang for as long as he could remember. At first he’d loved her from afar, too uncomfortable in his own skin to have the confidence to approach her. He’d put her on a pedestal, molded her image in his mind and created the perfect girl. Someone sweet, gentle, kind, loving and without a selfish bone in her body. Nobody could have lived up to his expectations, so it was hardly surprising that the fantasy was so much better than the reality. For that, he could only blame himself.

But he’d easily fallen in love the person she was, or the person she’d allowed him to see. Blindly bowing to her whims, almost encouraging her to string him along, then standing on the sidelines like a love sick fool when she pushed him away. She’d pull him in, swearing her undying love, until something better came along. Then he’d be relegated to her back pocket where he’d stay until her new plaything hurt her feelings and she needed to feel his adoration.

Their only real attempt at a relationship had lasted all of four months, and it had shattered his illusions. This was the girl he’d wanted to spend the rest of his life with, yet it had all blown up in his face.

“So, what does Jor-El think of her?” Oliver asked as he danced around him, the ball in his possession thumping a steady rhythm against the gravel. He stopped then crouched briefly before throwing the ball towards the net. It missed and Clark smirked as he took ownership of it.

“Think of who?” He frowned as he began his own attack.

“Your little girlfriend.”

“Lana?”

“Yeah.”

“He doesn’t think anything. He doesn’t know about her.” He admitted as he took his own shot. The ball sailed through the air and barely grazed the rim as it fell through the net. Ollie growled, and grabbed the ball to attempt a new attack.

“Well, what does she think about him?” He pushed, one eyebrow raising in challenge.

“Same answer. She doesn’t know about Jor-El.”

“But she knows about you, right?” He edged, as he stopped in the middle of the court and hugged the ball to his chest. Clark shook his head and reached for the ball, but Oliver took a step back. “Why?”

“You know why.”

“Yeah, I do. But I’m not convinced that you do.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He demanded crossing his own arms over his chest. Ollie hadn’t made his dislike of Lana a secret. In fact, he’d been pretty vocal about it for years, so most of the time Clark avoided bringing her up around him. He thought she was using him to inflate her own ego, dragging him around like a lost little puppy, with his castrated balls tucked neatly in her purse.

“There’s no hidden meaning, Clark. I know why you haven’t told her, but I’d just like to hear it from you.”

“Because I don’t tell anybody.”

“But from what you tell me, Lana’s not just anybody, she’s the love of your life. The girl you’ll marry one day. You’re going to have to tell her eventually, I’m surprised she doesn’t already suspect.” Clark glanced down at the ring on his finger and Oliver scoffed as he threw the ball across the court and marched toward him. “Give it to me!”

“What? No!”

“Clark, for f**k sake. That ring wasn’t made to be worn twenty four seven. It wasn’t designed so you could bury your head in the sand and play little house on the prairie with Carol Brady. It was made to help with your training, not for you to pretend to be human. When was the last time you went to see Jor-El?”

Clark shrugged, and Oliver rolled his eyes. It had been months since he’d last been to see his father. Instead he’d been spending his time with Lana, or sat in his loft thinking about her and planning their future.

“You know, I always admired you. As a child, you took your heritage in stride, accepted it, embraced it, you seemed to actually enjoy it at one point. You were secure in the knowledge that your parents loved you, that we loved you whether you were from Mars or Timbuktu. You’re the little brother I never had, and Bruce will tell you the exact same thing.

“But since she came into your life, you’ve done nothing but wallow in self pity. You’re the most powerful being on earth, you’re destined to lead, to save us all from ourselves, yet you follow in her wake like a damn sheep, while she tightens the vice on your balls. Love should empower you, Clark, make you feel strong and unstoppable, not make you weak and needy. But not only are you hiding from her, you’re hiding from yourself now and it’s truly pathetic. We may as well have left the whole county riddled with Kryptonite, because nothing’s more poisonous to you than Lana f**king Lang.”

“What’s wrong with wanting to be human? What’s wrong with wanting a normal life? To get married, have kids and to grow old with the girl you love?” He yelled, his arms flying in the air in frustration. “Do you expect me to spend the rest of my life alone? Saving humanity while never being a part of it. Preserving life, while never living one of my own? Shall I clear out the attic and hide myself away up there, living an eternal life alone while I watch everyone I love grow old and die? Lana is my one chance to have what you all take for granted.”

“Are you even listening to yourself? Christ, you’re only sixteen and you’ve seen a tiny fraction of the world.” Oliver yelled back getting right up in his face. “No, Clark you’re not human, you will never be human, but you make that sound like it’s a bad thing. If Lana was the kind of girl you seem to think she is, you’d tell her exactly who you are. If she loved you the way that you loved her, you wouldn’t have to hide. You could have all that you want and so much more. You could get married, you could have children, and you could have someone there who would welcome you home with open arms. Someone who would gladly share you with the world, someone who would support you, strengthen you, and comfort you when you’ve been dealing with the worst atrocities the world has to offer.

“You don’t have to be human to be loved. You’re kryptonian, something that you were once so proud of, and rightfully so. You’ve more compassion, more strength, more goodness in you than anyone I’ve ever met. You’ve got the potential to be a real life hero, and you’re throwing it all away for a girl that honestly treats you like sh*t.” He growled, before turning and stomping away.

“And just for the record? You haven’t told her about yourself because you don’t trust her.” He yelled over his shoulder.

Clark has spent the rest of that day, and most of the next, hold up in the loft thinking about everything that Ollie had said. He’d known that most of what he’d said was true, he was hiding from himself and Lana. So with his heart in his throat, he’d climbed in his truck and driven the mile to her aunt Nell’s house, determined to come clean.

He loved her, he trusted her, and he knew she loved him. Yet, when he’d arrived, when he’d slipped the ring off his finger and climbed the stairs to her room, he’d found her packing her suitcase.

She’d left for art school in Paris the next day, and six weeks later she’s written to him to tell him it was over between them; she’d met someone else.

And he’d never been more grateful in his life, that he’d kept his secrets to himself.

That was over a year ago, and since then he’d thrown himself into his training. Fully embracing his destiny, and reforging the friendships he’d pushed aside. He’d grown up, he was becoming the man he was supposed to be, and for the first time in forever, he was happy.

Despite his anger, and the residual pain, he knew he wasn’t in love with her anymore. Time and distance had given him ample opportunity to reflect and to see the truth; to see the disaster their relationship had been. But it still hurt to see her. She’d lied to him more than he’d ever lied to her. He wasn’t innocent by any means, he’d never told her where he was from, or about his abilities, and lying by omission made him as guilty as she was.

But almost every word out of her mouth had been a lie. She’d manipulated him, humiliated him, and as Ollie had said; she treated him like sh*t. Fool that he was, he’d let her, almost thanked her for it, while worshiping the ground she walked on.

Now she was engaged to the only man he’d ever truly loathed, and he was no longer naïve enough to believe in coincidence.

Please let let me know what you think and if you would like to read more xx

Comment

I'm loving this story! So well written, but very different from a lot of the foundations we've known. I'm interested to see how Bruce and Oliver continue to influence Clark. And, of course, can't wait to see Lois' entry into the story, knowing that Lana has been exposed as not being right for Clark (trying to be tactful here...). Please keep this story going - it's a great start! Glad to see a new Clois/Smallville story. Thanks for taking this on!

Comment

Originally posted by theo67
        I'm loving this story! So well written, but very different from a lot of the foundations we've known. I'm interested to see how Bruce and Oliver continue to influence Clark. And, of course, can't wait to see Lois' entry into the story, knowing that Lana has been exposed as not being right for Clark (trying to be tactful here...). Please keep this story going - it's a great start! Glad to see a new Clois/Smallville story. Thanks for taking this on!
        Thank you so much for your comment, I’m really glad you’re enjoying it. Yeah I am going with something different which is always a risk...but that’s the fun part; changing things around. With a different beginning and more support for both him and his parents, we have a more confident Clark that’s learned to embrace his heritage. And Lana...well the less said about her the better IMO haha xx chapter 2 is coming up... xx

Edit - Sorry I've posted the next chapter but it is apparently with the mods so i have no idea when it will show up. Watch this space

New Edit haha - Ive now posted this at Ao3 to avoid the delays. You can find it here - https://archiveofourown.org/works/17...pters/42094235
        Last edited by Victoria; 02-18-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Chapter 2

“Do you still fancy going to the lake tomorrow?” Chloe asked over her shoulder, as she locked up the Torch office and shoved the keys in her purse. “The weather’s meant to hold.”

“Yeah. Just come by when you’re ready, I’ll make breakfast before we go.”

You’ll make breakfast?” She laughed as she fell into step beside him. “Your mom will make breakfast you mean.”

“Oh ye of little faith. They’re out all day tomorrow, actually so you’ll have to make do with the Clark Kent special.” He winked, then laughed out right at her disgruntled face.

“I promised Jimmy Mrs K’s legendary waffles.”

“Maybe next time.” He smiled, as he pushed the locker room door open with his shoulder.

“You running home?”

“Yep. I’ll come back for the truck later. Have a good night with Jimmy.”

“Thanks…oh and, Clark?” She hesitated, and he raised an eyebrow, bracing himself for whatever she might say. “I’m glad you’re okay.” She smiled softly. He smiled back, and holding the door with one hand, he lent forward and pressed his lips to his best friends forehead.

“Thanks. See you tomorrow.” She nodded and he moved back before stepping into the room, and letting the door swing shut behind him.

If he was ever going to tell anybody about his origins it would be Chloe. She was his rock, and she had a slightly scary ability of being able to sniff out and deal with the weird and wonderful.

Although Queen industries had worked tirelessly with the EPA to clean up Smallville after the Meteor shower, there had been a few people, mainly those who were children at the time, that had suffered latent effects of radiation poisoning. As a result, they’d developed some unusual abilities, and Chloe had been the first one to spot the anomalies.

Her investigative mind had gone into overdrive, and she’d created her Wall of Weird. There had been a time or two when his own abnormalities had almost come to light when he’d been forced to save her from the disasters she inevitably ended up in. So he’d gone to Jor-El for help, and later to the ship that was stored in the Queens mansion.

With one massive burst of energy, Lara, the ships AI of his mother, had naturalised all remaining Kyrptionite for miles around. Cured it’s effects on the general populous, and as a thank you for raising her only son, had treated his mom’s fertility problems.

Although he’d felt a strange prang of guilt, he almost laughed at Chloe’s undisguised disappointment when her overflowing well of stories had suddenly dried up. But the relief in knowing that she was safe, eclipsed every other emotion. And it was that feeling that prevented him from telling her. There was no real reason for her to know, and while there was no imminent danger, it was always better to be safe than sorry.

Shaking his head at his unfounded worry, he quickly kicked off his shoes, swapped his jeans for a pair of comfortable Grey jogging bottoms, and shrugged off his shirt, revealing the tight white t-shirt beneath. After slipping on his running shoes, he folded everything into his bag and grabbed the small, lead lined pouch he always carried with him.

Part of him now hated the ring that it protected. It held too many memories. Memories that he’d been inundated with that day. But it still served its purpose, its rightful purpose, so he let it fall out into the palm of his hand, and quickly swapped it for the dummy he now wore on a daily basis.

Yet another prop to avoid questions and suspicions.

Both rings were made from a titanium type metal, that had no place on the periodic table. They were a highly polished, indestructible, gun metal grey. But where one was completely plain, and utterly benign, the other had a hidden thin blue band lining the inner circumference. It was made up of one of only four remaining samples of blue Krytonite remaining on earth, the rest were locked safely away for a rainy day.

It had been designed by Thomas Wayne not long before he was murdered, and created by Jor-El, at the Fortress to aid in Clark’s training. He’d felt it’s effects as soon as it touched his skin. The raw energy and strength that was a part of his biological make-up, faded, leaving him feeling slightly disoriented and vulnerable. The initial side effects didn’t normally last too long, it was just always a jarring experience going from immortal to mortal in a split second.

Shaking off the feeling, he slipped the pouch, his keys and phone into his pocket, zipped it most of the way up and pushed his headphones into his ears. With Depeche Mode setting his pace, he made his way out of the school, only stopping long enough to throw his bag into the truck, before setting off along the highway.

It was five miles to the farm, and if he pushed himself he could be home in just under thirty minutes. Not quite the nano second it would take him without the ring, but leagues ahead of the hour it had taken him the first time.

He made it just three and a half miles to the Loeb Bridge before he had to stop to fasten his shoe lace.

Out of breath, and with sweat pouring down his back, he crouched close to the railing, making his six foot three frame as small as possible, as a wagon shot along the road behind him. He was just starting to stand, ready to keep moving, when movement in his peripheral vision had him turning around, then diving to the side as quickly as he could.

He just caught the terrified face of the driver before the car crashed through the barrier, and something flew up out of the road and hit him in the side of the face, sending him sprawling backward against the asphalt.

“Oh sh*t!” Lois screeched, as she slammed on her breaks and leapt out of the car, almost tangling herself in the seatbelt. Her arms and legs were almost numb with the sheer amount of adrenalin suddenly rushing through her blood stream. It had all happened so fast that she could hardly grasp the details. But she could clearly see the gaping hole in the barrier, the skid marks fish tailing across the asphalt, and the unconscious form of a man lying in the road.

The one she thought the car had just missed.

Forcing her legs to move, she ran across the road, fighting the panic that was rising in the back of her throat.

Please don’t be dead, please God don’t let him be dead!

He was lay on his back, a bruise already forming on his right cheek, and blood trickling from a nasty cut just above his hairline. He groaned as she fell to her knees beside him, her shaking hands hovering over him, and all her training slipping completely from her mind.

“Jesus, are you okay? Can’t you hear me?” She gasped, her voice pathetically weak from shock. His eyes opened, and he blinked as he looked from the barrier, to her and back again.

“Damn it, Lex!” He growled, before scrambling to his feet, almost knocking her over in the process. He was unsteady and she stood to help him, but he threw her an apologetic glance, then kicked his shoes off, raced over to the barrier and dived right in after the car

“Holy crap!” She stood there for a second, completely speechless, before her synapsis started firing again, and she ran over to the railing and stared down into the water.

It was at least a fifty foot drop, and the only sign that anything was going on beneath the current was a slight ripple and the occasional bubble surfacing. Her heart was in her throat and she could hardly breathe, but as much as she wanted to stay, as much as she was praying that he would resurface, she had to get help.

Racing back to her car, she grabbed her purse and tipped its content out onto her seat. She had so much sh*t in there that it took her a moment to find her phone, but once she’d grabbed it, she ran back to the railing, dialing nine one one with trembling fingers as she ran.

There was still no sign of him and her throat was thick with tears as the operator answered.

“A car has just gone over a bridge, and a guys jumped in to help. I think he had concussion, he’d been hit on the head, and nobody’s resurfaced.” She rushed out as she frantically searched for a way to get down there. She prided herself on being level headed in a crisis, but she’d never felt so helpless and inadequate in her life.

“It’s okay, Ma’am. Calm down, take a breath and tell me where you are.”

“Smallville.” She answered as she ran along the road and threw her leg over a smaller rail that lead to an embankment.

“Where in Smallville?”

“Crap, I don’t know. I’m on a bridge, a big one over a river with white railings.” Her eyes shot around desperately, trying to spot any other landmark, as she fell deliberately onto her ass and started sliding down the steep incline. “Loeb.” She cried finally spotting the sign on the other side of the bank. “The Loeb Bridge.”

“Help’s on the way, can you give me your name?”

“Lois. Lois Lane…oh…he’s there, he’s there I can see him.”

Not waiting for a response, she dropped her phone and sped up her decent. She could see him gasping for breath and clutching the limp form of another man as he swam them both toward the shore.

Without thinking, she ran into the water, and met him in the shallows. Her hands shot out and grabbed him under his arms, helping him to stand, before moving to share the weight of an unconscious Lex Luthor.

“Are you crazy?” She demanded, as she stumbled along beside him. “This lunatic almost kills you, and you dive head first after him? You could have cracked your head open on a rock or his sh*tty car. Or lost consciousness again and drowned. I almost had a frigging heart attack.” She complained as she helped him lie the unethical billionaire on the shore. She watched as he felt for a pulse, listened for his breath, then started chest compressions.

All without saying a word.

“It’s a good job it’s warm or you’d have hypothermia to go with that concussion. You bloody heroic moron.” She huffed before pinching Lex’s nose, tipping his head back, and blowing a lung full of air into his mouth. “Not to mention that laceration. You’re gonna need stitches you know.”

After five compressions she leaned in and blew another breath into his mouth.

“I hate this guy. If it wasn’t life or death I might just vomit.”

Another breath.

“He’s not a friend of yours is he? Cause if he is I might just have to add d**khead to the list of names i’m compiling against you.”

Another breath.

“You don’t say much do you, Smallville?”

Lex rolled to the side and coughed up a lung full of water, and she moved back, but still watched as this unknown hero sat back on his hunches.

“I didn’t realise a response was required.” He smirked, then winced as he pushed his dripping wet hair back from his eyes. “You seemed to be doing pretty well with the whole monologue thing and I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“Yeah well, I’m uncomfortable with uncomfortable silences.” She huffed as she pushed herself up on shaky legs.

“Silences? Really? I must have missed that part with all the white noise.”

“It wasn’t white noise blocking your hearing, it was more than likely the black hole that sucked away all traces of common sense. You were in no fit state to go diving in head first after a guy who wouldn’t p*ss on you in you were on fire.” She grouched as she walked closer and tilted up his chin.

Blood was pouring from the cut on his head, and it was getting dangerously close to running in his eye. A swirling bright blue eye that was full of humour, but softening into something scarily gentle as he looked up at her. A blue eye, or was it green, that was framed with thick black lashes that were so long that they brushed his cheek when he blinked.

“Are you two just about done with the nauseating foreplay?”

“No.” They both answered, distractedly, neither paying any mind to Lex as he struggled to sit up.

“You’re going to have to get that looked at you know.” Lois chastised, as she lifted the bottom of her t-shirt and pushed it against his gaping wound.

Clark winced, but his eyes locked onto the bronzed planes of her toned stomach and the hint of apricot lace that rested at her ribs. She looked like a Greek Goddess and smelled like sunshine and roses. The blood that wasn’t pouring from his wound, travelled south at an alarming rate, and he had to bite back a groan.

Who the hell is she?

“Are you all okay down there?” Clark pulled back, and looked up at the two EMTs that were slowly making their way down the embankment. He’d been so lost in the not so tender ministrations of the mysterious woman, that he’d completely missed the sirens and flashing lights.

“We could use a little help.” She called, as she offered Clark a hand, and pulled him to his feet. Her hand was cool, and so tiny in his, that he was tempted to envelop them both completely and offer her some of his warmth.

Still ignoring the bald b**tard that sat shivering in the sand, she guided him toward one of the EMTs and all but pushed him down onto a rock.

“I think he might have a concussion.”

“Okay, lets have a see. Can you tell me your name, Sir?” The EMT asked, shining a light in his eyes.

“Clark Kent.”

“And how old are you?”

“Eighteen.”

“And can you tell me what happened?”

“I was out jogging and I’d stopped to tie my shoe lace. I was just standing up when I saw Mr Luthor’s car coming towards me. I managed to get out of the way but something shot up and hit me in the head.” He explained and Lois’ eyebrows were almost lost in her hairline.

So this is the infamous Clark Kent?

She’d heard plenty about her cousins best friend over the years, and had quite a few laughs at their antics. But now the drama was dialing down a notch, and she’d gotten a good look at him, she wondered how the hell Chloe hadn’t jumped his bones. Not only was he ridiculously heroic, but he had the face a body of a male model.

And it was only exaggerated by the white t-shirt clinging to his chest.

He was muscular and tanned, with pouty full lips, a square jaw line, and mesmerizing eyes. She’d never seen eyes that colour before. They were almost turquoise. One minute appearing blue, then green, then blue again. It was like they were hypnotizing her. And he definitely didn’t look, or sound, eighteen. He looked to be in his early twenties, and his voice was so deep and husky that he could make a killing on a phone sex line.

It looked like her stay in Smallville wouldn’t be as bad as she thought.

“And how about you Miss…”

“Lane. Lois Lane.” She frowned, turning back to face the paramedic.

They were with the police and the paramedics for almost half an hour, while they separately repeated their stories and Clark got his head glued. She was just about to offer him a ride home, when a truck pulled up and a older man with sandy blond hair jumped out and rushed over to Clark.

“Are you okay?” His asked, as he carefully grasped his face in his hands and looked him over. They looked nothing alike, but his brown eyes were so full of fatherly concern that it had to be Mr Kent.

“I’m fine, dad.” Clark promised, confirming her suspicions, as he pushed up off the steps of the rig and looked over at her.

“Where’s the idiot that was driving the car?”

“Already on the way to the hospital.” He grimaced, “Just give me one second, then we can go home.” His dad nodded, and as Clark took his first step towards her, she cast her eyes away, pretending to be looking anywhere but at him.

“I wanted to say thank you.” He announced himself quietly, and smiled as she looked up at him. It was a novelty for Lois, looking up at a man. At five foot eight she wasn’t a short woman, and God help her when she wore heels. “I hate him as much as you do, believe me, but it was a good thing that you did, and I appreciated the help.”

“All in a days work, Smallville.” She smirked, biting back a laugh as he rolled his eyes. With the bruise that was forming, that couldn’t have been comfortable, but like a good little soldier he showed no sign of being in pain.

“Army brat through and through.” He laughed making her eyes widen as he turned to walk away. “See you around, Lois Lane.” She gaped after him, then with a huff turned and stomped back to her car.

I’m going to kill you Chloe Sullivan!

“With so many witnesses, you’re going to have to keep that ring on for a while.” His dad sighed as Clark climbed into the truck beside him and closed the door.

“I know.” He winced as he pulled down the visor to get his first look at the damage. He was going to have the mother of all black eyes, and for the first time in his life, he was grateful for the pain killers the EMT has given him.

His head was pounding.

“We may have avoided a few raised eyebrows with you wearing it. But, I think I lost ten years off my life when Ethan called and said you’d been in an accident. You should have just let the bastard drown.”

“You know I couldn’t do that.” Clark sighed. “As much as I know the world would be better off with one less Luthor in it, I can pick and choose who to help…you taught me that.”

“Yeah, I know.” Jonathon huffed, before clasping his hand on Clark’s shoulder. “I know you’ll be sore for a few days, but I’m glad you’re okay. God help you though when your mom gets a look at you though.”

Clark’s grimace had his dad chuckling as he started the truck and drove out towards the farm.

“Are you going to call Oliver and postpone?”

“No, I’ll be fine as long as he goes easy on me. I’ll have to explain myself to Jor-El though. I can’t take in the information when I’m like this.”

“Well, make sure you wrap up. It’s colder then you realise up there.”

It was just after four when Lois pulled up outside her uncles house. It was as she stood on his front porch, with wet jeans, no shoes, and a weekend bag thrown over her shoulder, that she suddenly remembered how p*ssed off she was at being exiled to the middle of bum f**k nowhere.

Yeah, if all the men are as well bred as Clark Kent, her sentence might not be quite the hell on Earth she expected, but that didn’t mean she had to be happy. Why the hell was she being punished for somebody else’s crime?

Because you refuse to play the victim!

She scoffed at her own thoughts, then reached out and rand the bell. As long as she had breath left in her body, she’d be nobodies victim!

She heard a muffled shout from somewhere in the house, then ten seconds later the door was pulled open and she was face to face with her favorite perrson in the whole world.

“Surprise!”

“Lois!” Chloe squealed as she threw herself into Lois’ arms, bouncing and swinging them both around. “Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re here! You are really here aren’t you? Oh my God you’re here!”

Lois threw her head back and laughed, once again forgetting how royally p*ssed off she was.

“Yes I’m really here, the why’s a long story, but I asked Uncle Gabe to keep it hush hush so I could surprise you.”

“Well I’m most definitely surprised! Oh my God, come in quick…DAD look who’s here!” She yelled, as she all but dragged Lois’ into the house and slammed the door behind them. Her uncle Gabe came around the corner, and she suddenly found herself in another bone crushing hug, although this one was a little more awkward.

“How are you?”

“I’m fine.” She promised. As much as she loved her uncle, he was one of the last people she’d ever unload on.

“Um, Lois…where are your shoes?” Chloe puzzled, and Lois rolled her eyes as she stepped out of her uncles arms.

“If you show me somewhere I can get changed, I’ll tell you all about it.”

“It wouldn’t surprise me if he’d done it on purpose. You know, that he’d seen Clark crouched there and just aimed for him.” Chloe growled, as she paced back and forward at the bottom of the bed.

Lois had taken a quick shower, and slipped into some clean clothes before making herself comfortable amongst the pillows and regaling Chloe with her afternoon adventure.

“Why would he do that?”

“Because he hates Clark.” She exclaimed.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, he won’t tell me, but that slimy b**tard has had it in for him since the day they met. Christ, I’d bet my ass that’s the reason he proposed to Lana. She’s just too self absorbed to realise it.”

“Lex is engaged to Smal…Clark’s ex?” Lois gaped. Jesus, and she though small towns were boring.

Apparently not.

“Yeah, and surprise surprise she turned up back at school this morning. She only had a few months left at school in Paris, so why come back now if not to just rub it in Clark’s face? B**ch is as cold hearted as the cue ball she’d marrying. And it wouldn’t be that much of a shocker if she attempted to reel him back in. I just hope to God he’s got more sense than that now.”

She was still pacing as she ranted and thankfully missed Lois wince as she tried to push down the small prang of envy. It had been so long since Chloe had spoken about the whole Clark and Lana drama that she’d completely forgotten about it. But it made his gallant rescue that much more awe inspiring.

“Does he know?”

“Clark? Yeah, he saw it in the papers a couple of weeks ago, and then she had no problem flashing her ring when she approached him at school this morning.” She huffed as she eventually stopped and folded her arms.

“How did he take it?” Lois asked nonchalantly, glancing at her nails as though she was completely uninterested in the answer.

“I’ve honestly no idea. He’s become better then you at guarding his emotions. How did he seem to you?”

Sexy, alluring, funny, as beautiful as sin.

“How the hell should I know?” She frowned. “Other than saving Lex’s life, he didn’t really pay him any attention.” In fact, after he was breathing again, neither one of them had even looked at him.

“I should go to the farm to check on him, but Jimmy will be here soon, and he already thinks that somethings going on between us.”

That got Lois’ full attention, and her head snapped up to gaze at her beloved cousin. It was one thing to be attracted to her cousins best friend, but if Chloe had feeling for him, that would be a completely different thing. The really, really bad kind of different thing.

“Is there?” She pushed quietly, watching her closely for any sign of deception. Chloe’s mouth gaped, as she looked at Lois in surprise.

“Between me and Clark?” She gasped, already shaking her head. “I love the guy to death, don’t get me wrong, but he’s like a over protective big brother. It would be like you suddenly developing a crush on Wes.”

“Eww.”

“Exactly.” She nodded, before turning and pulling open her wardrobe. “What did you think of Clark?”

“Me?” Lois squeaked, a little too sharply. “He’s a farm boy from Hicksville. What’s not to love?” She rolled her eyes as she went a little too overboard with the heavy sarcasm.

“It might be a little too weird for me to have the hots for the guy. But I’m not blind, Lois. Clark Kent’s in a whole league of his own.”

Yeah, and Lana Lang must be bat sh*t crazy.

Or a money grabbing hoe.

Chloe left at five thirty, to head out to dinner with Jimmy, and Lois lasted a whole hour before her pacing, foot tapping, and nail biting became too much even for her. Grabbing her phone and keys, and attempting to convince herself that she was just doing her neighborly duty, she jumped in the car and headed out towards the Kent farm.

With her freshly printed map in hand.

She turned back around twice, convinced that she was making a complete fool out of herself, and hating the the swarm of butterflies that had taken flight in her stomach. She wasn’t that kind of girl. She didn’t go chasing after guys. Especially farm boys that were possibly still hung up on their ex girlfriends.

It was ridiculous. She was being ridiculous. She’d seen him less than three hours ago, and she’d apparently see him again tomorrow at the lake with Chloe and Jimmy. She had absolutely no reason to be turning up on his door step at seven o’clock in the evening.

The third time she slammed her breaks on she didn’t bother turning the car around, she’d only end up turning back again. Instead, she pulled over to the side of the road, opened her window, and almost screamed herself hoarse.

Feeling a little calmer, and a little more in control, she pulled back on to the highway and completed the last mile in relative peace. Peace that was shattered by the beautiful yellow farm house, and the two sleek sports cars parked in the drive way.

Surely to God, Lex and Lana wouldn’t dare turn up here? But as soon as the thought entered her head, she knew that it was definitely something Lex Luthor word do.

What an absolute *******!

Fuming with indignation, Lois climbed out of the car, slammed her door and marched towards the house. She was just about to push open the gate when a pain filled grunt filled the near silent evening. It came from the direction of the barn, and she’d lived on enough army bases to recognize the sound of a fight when she head one. With her blood now boiling, she changed direction and raced towards the barn, but when she got there she froze, unsure of what she was seeing.

Clark stood in the middle of a large, circular corral. He was naked from the waist up, his bare muscular back, heaving and glistening with sweat. His feet were spread shoulders width apart, his knees braced, and his hands resting behind his back.

He had his head bent forward, his eyes blind folded, and two opponents circling him.

What the hell is going on?

The guy had suffered a head injury three hours ago and now he was getting the **** kick out of him by two of Lex’s henchmen?

His head turned slightly in her direction, and one of his attackers, a tall dark haired man took advantage of his apparent distraction and moved in to strike. He moved silently, but some how Clark sensed him before she could shout out a warning. He lashed out with an elbow to the jaw, a left first to the kidney, and had him in a headlock in time to throw a roundhouse kick to the second opponent.

Both men went down with a curse, and Clark dropped back into his waiting position.

He’s training?

For what? The apocalypse?

As the two men pulled themselves up, Lois crept silently into the barn. Her eyes were trained on Clark, and just like before his head turned towards her, and she caught the slight twitch of his lips.

“Chloe mentioned that you’re a black belt.” He smiled, his deep voice breaking the silence so suddenly that she almost jumped out of her skin.

How in the hell did he know it was me?

“Trained by the best.” She sassed, recovering quickly. “Think you can handle a real woman, Smallville?” As she spoke, she approached the corral fencing and then ducked under the posts and into his makeshift arena.

Her heart was pounding, and it had nothing to do with her earlier panic. They weren’t even alone, and he was still twenty feet away, but it suddenly felt like the most erotic moment of her life.

“I’ll show you mine, if you’ll show me yours.”

The two other men in the barn laughed and she she glanced over at them and almost swallowed her tongue. How the hell had Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne found themselves sparing with a high school farm boy, in a barn in the middle of Smallville Kansa?

She had no idea, but she’d rather shoot herself in the head then let on that she’d recognised them.

“Excuse me, ladies.” She smirked as she kicked off her shoes and moved to stand a few feet in front of Clark. Grateful that she’d ignored her own vanity and had refused to change out of her yoga pants before she came to see him.

“If she kicks his ass, I get dibs.” Oliver laughed, as he grabbed a towel and swiped it across his face.

“A hundred says she’s down in two minutes.”

“A grand says he is.”

The two men shook hands, and Lois rolled her eyes.

“I feel like I have you at a slight disadvantage, Smallville. Should I tie one hand behind my back? Or both, maybe?”

“I’d be happy to tie you up any time you like, Lo, as long as I can gag you as well. But I’m afraid you’ve lost me. How am I at a disadvantage?” He smirked, and as a blushed bloomed on her cheeks, she was eternally grateful that he couldn’t see her.

“You mean aside from the black scarf covering your eyes?” She scoffed. “I believe that you have a concussion and I don’t make a habit of thrashing wounded men.”

“If you’re looking for an out…”

“Not a chance.”

She moved into her first position, already doubting the efficiency of the blindfold, when Clark instantly mirrored her. Not that it would make much of a difference, she was a confidant fighter, and she’d taken down harder men then Clark Kent; although none of them had been quite so big.

He didn’t move, he just stood waiting, listening, like she’d watched him do earlier. It was slightly unnerving, she’d never see anyone stand quite so still, and she’d seen how quick he could strike when he sensed a threat.

F**k it.

She threw her first punch and it started their dance. They moved around and around the corral, with Lois looking for a weak spot and Clark deflecting every one of her strikes. She used fists, elbows, knees and shins. While he blocked, ducked, twisted and back flipped out of the way.

But he never once struck back.

On and on they went, and with her frustration mounting, she took a cheap shot and aimed for his face, but his large hand shot out and clamped around her fist. Without knowing exactly how it happened, he twisted her body, and she suddenly found herself slammed back against his chest.

She was trapped. Both of her wrists were locked in his grasp, his strong arms held her firmly in place, and he’d hooked both of her legs between his. He completely enveloped her, and she’d never felt so tiny, so vulnerable, or so safe in her whole life.

Both of their chests were heaving as they panted with exertion. Their skin was slick with sweat, and he held her so close, she could feel both of their heartbeats thundering away. Time seemed to freeze, for one moment nothing else existed but the two of them, and she wanted nothing more then for him to turn her around and kiss the life out of her.

Every single thing about him turned her on. His charm, his sense of humour, his smile, his eyes, his body, his strength. And unless she was mistaken, she wasn’t the only one who felt that way. His loose black track pants did very little to disguise the pressure she could feel growing at the base of her spine.

“Give up?” He whispered in her ear, sending a wave of goose bumps across her heated skin.

“Not on your life, Smallville.” She whispered back as she slowly dropped her chin, then quickly snapped her head back.

She made contact and within a second his arms fell away and he slumped to the ground behind her. She turned quickly, ready to do a victory dance, but something about the way he lay, made her pause.

“Come on, Smallville take it like a man.” She laughed as she prodded his side with her toe. He didn’t move and her smile slowly slipped from her face. “Smallville?” She whispered as she nudged him again. Dread curled in her stomach like an angry snake, and for the second time today, she dropped down to her knees beside him.

“Smallville.” She called as she ripped the blindfold off his eyes, wincing as she saw the full effect of the bruising. It would only get worse still and the fact that she just head butted him, knowing he already had a concussion, made her want to throw up. “Wake up. Oh God. Get help!” She shouted, turning to look at the two men still stood lounging against the rails. “Smallville.”

“Boo!” His eyes shot open, and he burst out laughing as she screamed and fell back on her ass.

“You son of a b**ch!” She yelled as she scrambled into her feet, hitting him over and over as he tried to do the same. “You absolute ass! That wasn’t funny!”

“I beg to differ.” He laughed, doing nothing to block her slaps as she hit his arm, his shoulder, his back. “You had that coming, Lane.”

“Ugh! You…you…ugh!” Still laughing, Clark grabbed a towel off the rails and threw it to her. She caught it midair and wiped it across her still glowering face. “Paybacks a b**ch, Smallvillie.”

“Can’t wait.” He smiled as he took the towel from her and swiped it across his own face. “Come, lets get a drink.”

“I think I’ll pass.” She huffed as she bent to grab her shoes. Clark couldn’t take his eyes of the curve of her ass, and he watched fascinated until he felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder.

“You did well.” Bruce complimented, a rare occurrence with his brooding friend. “Take a couple of days rest to heal before you let Oliver drag you back in here.”

Clark nodded, and briefly shook the hand that Bruce offered. He had been planning to stay for a few days to help with his training, but with Lex turning up, he was returning home tonight. The last thing they needed was Lex questioning their friendship.

Oliver was easy to explain. Their parents had been friends for a few years before Clark was adopted and they’d always been close. But, while the same was true for the Wayne’s, with the distance between Smallville and Gothem, Bruce’s interest in Clark wasn’t so easily explained.

Not even Chloe know how close they were.

He glanced at Lois again, who was being distracted by Oliver, and inexplicably, his gut clench at the thought of lying to her about what she’d just been a part of. For some reason it just didn’t sit well with him.

And neither did Oliver’s flirtation smile.

“Have a safe trip back, and try to stay out of trouble.” He told Bruce as they both walked toward the exit, and closer to Lois and Oliver.

“I’ll have Alfred keeping an eye on Luthor. I don’t like that he’s here, and his tie to your ex has thrown up a huge red flag. Stay away from them both.”

“Lana’s made her bed, and what she does in it is none of my concern.” He shrugged, and was surprised when the comment wasn’t accompanied by the usual twinge in his gut. He actually meant it, and the relief was freeing.

“Good.” He patted Clark on the shoulder then strode towards Oliver. “I’ll see you back at the house.” He nodded. “Miss Lane.”

“Mr Wayne.”

“Are you staying for dinner, Ollie?” Clark asked as the three of them followed Bruce out of of the barn and across the driveway. It had been a beautiful day, and the sun was just beginning it’s decent, turning the sky a deep shade of orange and red.

He tried not to sigh as he looked at it. His eye was throbbing, and he longed to pull the ring off his finger and feel the energy of its healing rays. But then he looked down at Lois and the pain no longer seemed to matter. He wouldn’t trade meeting her for a few days of discomfort.

“Mama K’s made pie…of course I’m staying.” Oliver laughed as he threw up his hand as a goodbye to Bruce, who was peeling out of the driveway in a cloud of dust.

“Lois, are you staying?”

“For dinner?” She asked, glancing up at him in confusion.

“Yeah.”

“Oh…um.”

“Oh, I didn’t realise you had a visitor. Hey, Ollie.” His mom smiled, as she approached.

“Mama, K.” Oliver beamed as he walked towards her and kissed the top of her head before jogging towards the house.

“Yeah. Mom this is Lois Lane, Chloe’s cousin.” Clark introduced as he bent down and scooped up the tiny blonde haired baby that had toddled across the drive towards him. “Lois, this is my mom, Martha Kent.” He smiled at her, as the blonde girl placed her thumb in her mouth and snuggled her head against the curve of his neck.

Lois’ ovaries exploded.

“And this little munchkin is my sister, Lilly. Can you say hi, Lilly?” He whispered as he gently pulled her thumb from her mouth.

Total ovary inhalation.

“It’s nice to meet you, Lois.” Mrs Kent smiled, pulling her attention away from her children. “It’s good to finally put a face to a name.”

“You too, Mrs Kent.” Lois smiled back, squeezing her offered hand and trying desperately not to gawk at her son.

Now, she really, really wasn’t that girl. Lois Lane and kids just did not mix. Not at all. No way. She was more likely to drop kick a child than go all goo goo over one. But God help her, she had never seen anything as sexy in her life, then a half naked Clark Kent holding his baby sister against his chest.

In one single moment of insanity, she envision him holding their child like that. Pacing a darkened room as he rocked her to sleep.

She needed to leave. She needed to get out of here right now before she lost her ever loving mind.

“Are you staying for dinner, Lois?” Mrs Kent asked and she quickly shook her head.

“I’m sorry. I can’t. I have to go. But thank you.” She rushed out as she turned from the disturbing image and hightailed it towards her car.

Comment

Chapter 2 Part 1

Do you still fancy going to the lake tomorrow?” Chloe asked over her shoulder, as she locked up the Torch office and shoved the keys in her purse. “The weather’smeant to hold.”

“Yeah. Just come by when you’re ready, I’ll make breakfast before we go.”

You’ll make breakfast?” She laughed as she fell into step beside him. “Your mom will make breakfast you mean.”

“Oh ye of little faith. They’re out all day tomorrow, actually so you’ll have to make do with the Clark Kent special.” He winked, then laughed out right at her disgruntled face.

“I promised Jimmy Mrs K’s legendary waffles.”

“Maybe next time.” He smiled, as he pushed the locker room door open with his shoulder.

“You running home?”

“Yep. I’ll come back for the truck later. Have a good night with Jimmy.”

“Thanks…oh and, Clark?” She hesitated, and he raised an eyebrow, bracing himself for whatever she might say. “I’m glad you’re okay.” She smiled softly.He smiled back, and holding the door with one hand, he lent forward and pressed his lips to his best friends forehead.

“Thanks. See you tomorrow.” She nodded and he moved back before stepping into the room, and letting the door swing shut behind him.

If he was ever going to tell anybody about his origins it would be Chloe. She was his rock, and she had a slightly scary ability of being able to sniff out and deal with the weird and wonderful aspects of the world.

Although Queen industries had worked tirelessly with the EPA to clean up Smallville after the Meteor shower, there had been a few people, mainly those who were children at the time, that had suffered latent effects of radiation poisoning. As a result, they’d developed some unusual abilities, and Chloe had been the first one to spot the anomalies.

Her investigative mind had gone into overdrive, and she’d created her Wall of Weird. There had been a time or two when his own abnormalities had almost come to light when he’d been forced to save her from the disasters she inevitably ended up in. So he’d gone to Jor-El for help, and later to the ship that was stored in the Queens mansion.

With one massive burst of energy, Lara, the ships AI of his mother, had naturalised all remaining Kyrptonite for miles around. Cured it’s effects on the general populous, and as a thank you for raising her only son, had treated his mom's fertility problems.

Although he’d felt a strange prang of guilt, he almost laughed at Chloe’s undisguised disappointment when her overflowing well of stories had suddenly dried up. But the relief in knowing that she was safe, eclipsed every other emotion. It was that feeling that prevented him from telling her. There was no real reason for her to know, and while there was no imminent danger, it was always better to be safe than sorry.

Shaking his head at his unfounded worry, he quickly kicked off his shoes, swapped his jeans for a pair of comfortable grey jogging bottoms, and shrugged off his shirt, revealing the tight white t-shirt beneath. After slipping on his running shoes, he folded everything into his bag and grabbed the small, lead lined pouch he always carried with him.

Part of him now hated the ring that it protected. It held too many memories. Memories that he’d been inundated with that day. But it still served its purpose, its rightful purpose, so he let it fall out into the palm of his hand, and quickly swapped it for the dummy he now wore on a daily basis.

Yet another prop to avoid questions and suspicions.

Both rings were made from a titanium type metal that had no place on the periodic table. They were a highly polished, indestructible, gun metal grey. But where one was completely plain, and utterly benign, the other had a hidden thin blue band lining the inner circumference. It was made up of one of only four remaining samples of blue Kryptonite remaining on earth, the rest were locked safely away for a rainy day.

It had been designed by Thomas Wayne not long before he was murdered, and created by Jor-El, at the Fortress to aid in Clark’s training. He’d felt it’s effects as soon as it touched his skin. The raw energy and strength that was a part of his biological make-up, faded, leaving him feeling slightly disoriented and vulnerable. The initial side effects didn’t normally last too long, it was just always a jarring experience going from immortal to mortal in a split second.

Shaking off the feeling, he slipped the pouch, his keys and phone into his pocket, zipped it most of the way up and pushed his headphones into his ears. With Depeche Mode setting his pace, he made his way out of the school, only stopping long enough to throw his bag into the truck, before setting off along the highway. It was five miles to the farm, and if he pushed himself he could be home in just under thirty minutes.Not quite the nano second it would take him without the ring, but leagues ahead of the hour it had taken him the first time.

He made it just three and a half miles to the Loeb Bridge before he had to stop to fasten his shoe lace.

Out of breath, and with sweat pouring down his back, he crouched close to the railing, making his six foot three frame as small as possible, as a wagon shot along the road behind him. He was just starting to stand, ready to keep moving, when movement in his peripheral vision had him turning around, then diving to the side as quickly as he could.

He just caught the terrified face of the driver before the car crashed through the barrier, and something flew up out of the road and hit him in the side of the face, sending him sprawling backward against the asphalt.

“Oh s**t!” Lois screeched, as she slammed on her breaks and leapt out of the car, almost tangling herself in the seatbelt. Her arms and legs were almost numb with the sheer amount of adrenalin suddenly rushing through her blood stream. It had all happened so fast that she could hardly grasp the details. But she could clearly see the gaping hole in the barrier, the skid marks fish-tailing across the asphalt, and the unconscious form of a man lying in the road.

The one she thought the car had just missed.

Forcing her legs to move, she ran across the road, fighting the panic that was rising in the back of her throat.

Please don’t be dead, please God don’t let him be dead!

He was lay on his back, a bruise already forming on his right cheek, and blood trickling from a nasty cut just above his hairline. He groaned as she fell to her knees beside him, her shaking hands hovering over him, and all her training slipping completely from her mind.

“Oh, God, are you okay? Can’t you hear me?” She gasped, her voice pathetically weak from shock. His eyes opened, and he blinked as he looked from the barrier, to her and back again.

“Damn it, Lex!” He growled, before scrambling to his feet, almost knocking her over in the process. He was unsteady and she stood to help him, but he threw her an apologetic glance, then kicked his shoes off, raced over to the barrier and dived right in after the car.

“Holy c**p!” She stood there for a second, completely speechless, before her synapsis started firing again, and she ran over to the railing and stared down into the water. It was at least a fifty foot drop, and the only sign that anything was going on beneath the current was a slight ripple and the occasional bubble surfacing. Her heart was in her throat and she could hardly breathe, but as much as she wanted to stay, as much as she was praying that he would resurface, she had to get help.

Racing back to her car, she grabbed her purse and tipped its content out onto her seat. She had so much stuff in there that it took her a moment to find her phone, but once she’d grabbed it, she ran back to the railing, dialing nine one one with trembling fingers as she ran.

There was still no sign of him and her throat was thick with tears as the operator answered.

“A car has just gone over a bridge, and a guys jumped in to help. I think he had concussion, he’d been hit on the head, and nobody’s resurfaced.” She rushed out as she frantically searched for a way to get down there. She prided herself on being level headed in a crisis, but she’d never felt so helpless and inadequate in her life.

It’s okay, Ma’am. Calm down, take a breath and tell me where you are.”

Smallville.” She answered as she ran along the road and threw her leg over a smaller rail that lead to an embankment.

“Where in Smallville?”

“God, I don’t know. I’m on a bridge, a big one over a river with white railings.” Her eyes shot around desperately, trying to spot any other landmark, as she fell deliberately onto her butt and started sliding down the steep incline. “Loeb.” She cried finally spotting the sign on the other side of the bank. “The Loeb Bridge.”

“Help’s on the way, can you give me your name?”

“Lois. Lois Lane…oh…he’s there, he’s there I can see him.”

Not waiting for a response, she dropped her phone and sped up her decent. She could see him gasping for breath and clutching the limp form of another man as he swam them both toward the shore. Without thinking, she ran into the water, and met him in the shallows. Her hands shot out and grabbed him under his arms, helping him to stand, before moving to share the weight of an unconscious LexLuthor.

“Are you crazy?” She demanded, as she stumbled along beside him. “This lunatic almost kills you, and you dive head first after him? You could have cracked your head open on a rock or the car. Or lost consciousness again and drowned. I almost had a frigging heart attack.” She complained as she helped him lie the unethical billionaire on the shore. She watched as he felt for a pulse, listened for his breath, then started chest compressions.

All without saying a word.

“It’s a good job it’s warm or you’d have hypothermia to go with that concussion. You idiotic, heroic, moron.” She huffed before pinching Lex’s nose, tipping his head back, and blowing a lung full of air into his mouth. “Not to mention that laceration. You’re gonna need stitches you know.”

Five more compressions and she leaned in to blow another breath into his mouth.

“I hate this guy. If it wasn’t life or death I might just vomit.”

Another breath.

“He’s not a friend of yours is he? Cause if he is I might just have to add stupid to the list of names I’m compiling against you.”

Another breath.

“You don’t say much do you, Smallville?”

Lex rolled to the side and coughed up a lung full of water, and she moved back, but still watched as this unknown hero sat back on his hunches.

“I didn’t realise a response was required.” He smirked, then winced as he pushed his dripping wet hair back from his eyes. “You seemed to be doing pretty well with the whole monologue thing and I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“Yeah well, I’m uncomfortable with uncomfortable silences.” She huffed as she pushed herself up on shaky legs.

Silences? Really? I must have missed that part with all the white noise.”

It wasn’t white noise blocking your hearing, it was more than likely the black hole that sucked away all traces of common sense. You were in no fit state to go diving in head first after a guy who wouldn’t p**s on you if you were on fire.” She grouched as she walked closer and tilted up his chin.

Blood was pouring from the cut on his head, and it was getting dangerously close to running in his eye. A swirling bright blue eye that was full of humour, but softening into something scarily gentle as he looked up at her. A blue eye, or was it green, that was framed with thick black lashes that were so long that they brushed his cheek when he blinked.

“Are you two just about done with the nauseating foreplay?”

“No.” They both answered, distractedly, neither paying any mind to Lex as he struggled to sit up.

“You’re going to have to get that looked at you know.” Lois chastised, as she lifted the bottom of her t-shirt and pushed it against his gaping wound.

Clark winced, but his eyes locked onto the bronzed planes of her toned stomach and the hint of apricot lace that rested at her ribs. She looked like a Greek Goddess and smelled like sunshine and roses. The blood that wasn’t pouring from his wound, travelled south at an alarming rate, and he had to bite back a groan.

Who the hell is she?

“Are you all okay down there?” Clark pulled back, and looked up at the two EMTs that were slowly making their way down the embankment. He’d been so lost in the not so tender ministrations of the mysterious woman, that he’d completely missed the sirens and flashing lights.

“We could use a little help.” She called, as she offered Clark a hand, and pulled him to his feet. Her hand was cool, and so tiny in his, that he was tempted to envelop them both completely and offer her some of his warmth.

Still ignoring the bald billionaire that sat shivering in the sand, she guided him toward one of the EMTs and all but pushed him down onto a rock.

“I think he might have a concussion.”

“Okay, lets have a see. Can you tell me your name, Sir?” The EMT asked, shining a light in his eyes.

“Clark Kent.”

“And how old are you?”

“Eighteen.”

“And can you tell me what happened?”

“I was out jogging and I’d stopped to tie my shoe lace. I was just standing up when I saw Mr Luthor’s car coming towards me. I managed to get out of the way but something shot up and hit me in the head.” He explained and Lois’ eyebrows were almost lost in her hairline.

So this is the infamous Clark Kent?

She’d heard plenty about her cousins best friend over the years, and had quite a few laughs at their antics. But now the drama was dialing down a notch, and she’d gotten a good look at him, she wondered how Chloe hadn’t jumped his bones. Not only was he ridiculously heroic, but he had the face a body of a male model and it was only exaggerated by the white t-shirt clinging to his chest.

He was muscular and tanned, with pouty full lips, a square jaw line, and mesmerizing eyes. She’d never seen eyes that colour before. They were almost turquoise. One minute appearing blue, then green, then blue again. It was like they were hypnotizing her. And he definitely didn’t look, or sound, eighteen. He looked to be in his early twenties, and his voice was so deep and husky that he could make a killing on an adult phone line.

It looked like her stay in Smallville wouldn’t be as bad as she thought.

“And how about you Miss…”

“Lane. Lois Lane.” She frowned, turning back to face the paramedic.

They were with the police and the paramedics for almost half an hour, while they separatelyrepeated their stories and Clark got his head glued. She was just about to offer him a ride home, when a truck pulled up and a older man with sandy blond hair jumped out and rushed over to Clark.

“Are you okay?” His asked, as he carefully grasped his face in his hands and looked him over. They looked nothing alike, but his brown eyes were so full of fatherly concern that it had to be Mr Kent.

“I’m fine, dad.” Clark promised, confirming her suspicions, as he pushed up off the steps of the rig and looked over at her.

“Where’s the idiot that was driving the car?”

“Already on the way to the hospital.” He grimaced, “Just give me one second, then we can go home.” His dad nodded, and as Clark took his first step towards her, she cast her eyes away, pretending to be looking anywhere but at him.

“I wanted to say thank you.” He announced himself quietly, and smiled as she looked up at him. It was a novelty for Lois, looking up at a man. At five foot eight she wasn’t a short woman, and God help her when she wore heels. “I hate him as much as you do, believe me, but it was a good thing that you did, and I appreciated the help.”

“All in a days work, Smallville.” She smirked, biting back a laugh as he rolled his eyes. With the bruise that was forming, that couldn’t have been comfortable, but like a good little soldier he showed no sign of being in pain.

“Army brat through and through.” He laughed making her eyes widen as he turned to walk away. “See you around, Lois Lane.” She gaped after him, then with a huff turned and stomped back to her car.

I’m going to kill you Chloe Sullivan!

“With so many witnesses, you’re going to have to keep that ring on for a while.” His dad sighed as Clark climbed into the truck beside him and closed the door.

“I know.” He winced as he pulled down the visor to get his first look at the damage. He was going to have the mother of all black eyes and for the first time in his life, he was grateful for the pain killers the EMT has given him.

His head was pounding.

“We may have avoided a few raised eyebrows with you wearing it. But, I think I lost ten years off my life when Ethan called and said you’d been in an accident. You should have just let the miscreant drown.”

“You know I couldn’t do that.” Clark sighed. “As much as I know the world would be better off with one less Luthor in it, I can pick and choose who to help…you taught me that.”

“Yeah, I know.” Jonathon huffed, before clasping his hand on Clark’s shoulder. “I know you’ll be sore for a few days, but I’m glad you’re okay. God help you though when your mom gets a look at you though.”

Clark’s grimace had his dad chuckling as he started the truck and drove out towards the farm.

“Are you going to call Oliver and postpone?”

“No, I’ll be fine as long as he goes easy on me. I’ll have to explain myself to Jor-El though. I can’t take in the information when I’m like this.”

Well, make sure you wrap up. It’s colder then you realise up there.”

Part 2 in next post...it was too long oops

Comment

Wow very interesting storyline loved it.cant wait for more
              Btw.you posted the chapter twice and the archive link doesn't work

Comment

I really hope you're planning to continue this story! What a lovely start, and so positive - with a mature Clark Kent. Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Comment

Tan tan bueno...y el fin.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎