Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix, formerly in development for ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new S2 set photos indicate some changes in Jessica's personal life...

https://mcuexchange.com/jessica-jones-new-lover/

Comment

• [SPOILER]David Tennant will return as Kilgrave. It's unknown if he'll turn out to still be alive or if he'll just be in flashbacks.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
          Looking good...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Just finished bingewatching S2. Quite enjoyed it. Wasn't expecting them to use [SPOILER]the Whizzer...[/SPOILER] at all in the MCU. The character is very much of a joke. Between his name and his ridiculous origin story (which they did a nice homeage to), it's not a character you can take seriously.

Now that [SPOILER]Trish is developing powers,[/SPOILER] I expect her to go over to Daredevil, [SPOILER]as I feel a costumed vigilante makes more sense on that show. On Jessica Jones, Hellcat would be out of place.[/SPOILER] This isn't a show for that kind of thing.

Comment

• I think it's pretty much on par with season 1. Interesting, intriguing but also uneven,weird at times and too lengthy for the storylines it's dealing with. As a matter of fact, this now seems to be a repetitive pattern with Marvel/Netflix shows. Their seasons seems to run out of steam after 7-8 episodes. I think the only show that didn't have this issue was Daredevil during season 1. Anyway, some observations:

- The general consensus is that Kilgrave was sorely missed this season. And I would have to agree. But the writers did something smart. They didn't try introducing a new Big Bad, who wouldn't have been on Kilgrave's level anyway. They did a different storyline where there's no clear villain, with Karl Manus and Alisa having shades of black and white (just like everyone else does on this show, to be fair). For what is worth, I liked Kilgrave's cameo because it tied very well to what Jessica has just done at that point.

- Jessica's storyline was very different to season 1, but just as personal. I'd say it was the strongest arc of the season and there were times (especially when [SPOILER]Alisa died[/SPOILER]) that Krysten Ritter did an amazing job. I liked that we got more answers about her accident and how she got her powers. Ι also think that Jessica seems to have grown as character after her experiences in season 1 and the Defenders. My only gripe was how they worked around the fact that she [SPOILER]killed that guard and then covered it up. It was a cheap copout IMO and at this point I would expect Jessica to be more accountable about stuff like that. Besides, it was in self defence and there was no reason for her to look like someone who covers her dirty tracks.[/SPOILER]

- The second storyline is Patsy's and I am not sure what to make of it. I actually liked Trish in season 1, but I thought this season was a major step backwards for her. Even if she did get some kind of power by the end, I don't think the relapse storyline made her look particularly good. And even when she worked through it, her obsession with gaining powers led to some really questionable decisions and one in particular that Jessica should never forgive her for. The romantic thing with Malcolm was also a waste of time. Mind you, that was the only negative about Malcolm this season. I liked his character development and even his alliance with Pryce at the very end doesn't look like it will hinder the progress he's made.

- As for Jeri's storyline, it was ok and it eventually proved that you can never get one over her. Pity Foggy didn't appear more often.
                  Last edited by costas22; 03-12-2018, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Phenomenal. Could have done without some of Trish's meltdown, but otherwise I'm blown away.

Totally extraordinary. Loved it.

Comment

• It's been renewed for a third season.

Comment

• Well, we were all expecting this. It's been canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Well, we were all expecting this. It's been canceled.
                          is the general concensus that all the Marvel shows will be revived on the Disney streaming service?

Comment

• All things considered, I'd say Jessica Jones was very lucky to get a 3rd season. Its 2nd season was quite average, right on par with the 2nd seasons The Punisher and Iron Fist had. But due to the timing of Netflix's decision, the showrunners had time to squeeze a 3rd season out of the show. Lets just hope it ties everything together and wraps up in a good way.

Originally posted by Vergon6
                            is the general concensus that all the Marvel shows will be revived on the Disney streaming service?
                            It is, but I've also heard there may be some legalities that prevent that from happening (something about 2 years having to go by before another outlet can continue these shows). HuLu is also interested in them, from what we hear.

I would like to see some of these shows revived (like Daredevil), but it may not be easy. They are quite expensive for one thing. And if the 2-year clause I mentioned above is a real thing, it won't surprise me if Disney just decides to reboot them for its streaming service.

Comment

• I just hope Trish becomes Hellcat, before the season's over (giving some closure on that storyline).

I doubt the shows will be revived on Disney+. For starters, these shows are R-rated material, while Disney have made it clear that there won't be any R-rated films/shows on the service. The R-rated will go to Hulu.

Though, I doubt they would go there either. Like Costas notes, there is apparently a 2-year clause. Meaning that the casts would have to keep their schedules free for two years (if not more). Just in the off-chance that Disney will revive their shows and put them on Hulu, rather than going with something new (that Disney could do right now).

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎