Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andor - Rogue One Prequel Series (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andor - Rogue One Prequel Series (Disney+)

Disney is developing a live-action prequel series to Rogue One with star Diego Luna

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...series-1159688

https://deadline.com/2020/12/star-wa...na-1234654348/

So now they’re making a prequel to the prequel. WHY??? Why are they continually going backwards with these Star Wars projects? They have a rich galaxy to mine. Let’s explore a new story set in a galaxy very far away with a new crop of characters unrelated to any of the Skywalkers and/or other characters already milked to death...specifically hundred of thousands of years later or at least some ways off after this last trilogy of movies.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-20-2022, 06:37 PM. Reason: The title of the Rogue One prequel series revealed.

Has Disney ran out of ideas? There is a wide universe that could give us a lot of stories that doesn't need any of the known characters from the past series or movies.

Comment

Though I'm always open to new media stories, I will admit a Cassian Andor prequel series does seem kinda thin as far as content goes. Not saying it couldn't work but that's a lot of try and add.

And I agree, out of the entire extremely vast Star Wars universe that could and should be explored there's so much else that can be shown. Like other things in between Episode 3 and 4, not including Rebels. There's also things before the prequel trilogy a la Knights of the Old Republic style, things immediately after Return of the Jedi (which I think The Mandalorian will cover), things a few years after that since 30 years is a huge time gap, and not to mention anything post-Episode 9. Or something where the Sith are featured as the main characters.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Season 1, episodes 1-3:

Pretty sure that we saw that holographic image of Cassian in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

B2EMO made me think of those two robots in Disney's The Black Hole (1979).

Probably not the last that we've seen of Bix.

I like the visible damages to the landscape of Kenari, brought on by mining. Let's face it, we keeps seeing sci-fi shows and movies, featuring countless thousands of spaceship and (often massive) space stations. They would've needed to get the metal for all of these things somewhere. Just imagine how many planets and moons would've had to have been mined dry, just to build one single Death Star.

Comment

Rewatching the episodes for a second time.

Having recently rewatched the first two seasons of long-running British drama Heartbeat, it feels a bit odd suddenly seeing 'Lord Ashfordly' 30 years older.

Curious if Cassian will ever find his sister...before his death five years from now. It would be tragic if he doesn't.

I like that the series doesn't start out with Cassian going up against the Empire, but being chased by the security force of this random company.

Comment

I watched the first 4 episodes this week.

It's boring.

That's all I have.

Comment

Season 1, episode 4:

I wonder who the person that Mon Mothma was refering to, who could help her. I don't think that it's Bail Organa, as he's been with the rebellion since day one. Also, they never indicate the gender of the person (it'd be foolish to assume that "someone" is refering to a male). It could be a brand-new character.

Mothma's husband really felt like your archetypical politians spouse (I don't mean that in a negative way). Given that he isn't in her first appearance in Star Wars Rebels, I can only assume that he'll end up being killed. I really like the inclusion of Mon Mothma's marriage, and the Bix-Timm relationship. Showing adult characters having romantic relationships, which is something that I feel many recent movies have tried to avoid. It's not like Captain Marvel (2019) had Carol Danvers come back to Earth after six years, and run into the husband and child, whom she doesn't remember (and who've spent little over half a decade believing her to be dead). (There'd be deep, dramatic possiblities in that scenario.)

You know, the orginal Mom Mothma is still alive, and working. If they want to expand Mothma's family, they could have her cameo as the mother of Mon Mothma (even though this show is said to avoid fan service).

Vel tells Cassian to not inform the others of her cell about Luthen. No doubt tying back to what was established about the rebel cells in the season one finale of Star Wars Rebels (they're not supposed to meet each other, for security reasons, and only the cell leader knows about the higher ups).

I like that the flashbacks was (seemingly) just for the first three episodes, minimal, to establish some backstory (rather than taking up large chunks of most of the season).

Comment

Season 1, episode 5:

There'll be two groups of people angry/upset about Vel and Cinta. One group will be angry, because they're lesbians. The other will be angry, because they don't have Vel and Cinta walking around, and literally saying "We're lesbians!" every five seconds.

Looks like Mon Mothma's family problems aren't limited to marital problems. I quite like the dynamic so far.

Heavily suspecting that Skeen will turn out to be a traitor/spy for the Empire.

I also have strange feeling that Karn's "Uncle Harlo" is Anton Lesser's character (Major Partagaz). Getting Karn back into the game, and on the hunt for Andor.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 10-24-2022, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Looking into Leida, Mon Mothma's daughter. She's not a new character, but dates back to the 90s and the old EU. Lucasfilm doesn't throw anything away. Now, if they can look to the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones movies, for protagonists of some Disney+ shows...

I like the costume that they gave Leida. Is a bit Japanese inspired. The emblem on the right side instantly gets across the idea that this is a school uniform, from whatever school (no doubt, private school) she attends, without them having to have one of the other characters point out that it's a school uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                          I watched the first 4 episodes this week.

It's boring.

That's all I have.
                          Same feelings even after this latest. I get a slow burn, but this is just slow. And we know how this ends.

Comment

Season 1, episode 6:

I'm counting this as me being right about Skeen.

The escape through the meteor shower (I'll just call it that) made me think a bit of the chase through an asteriod field in Empire Strikes Back, but without it feeling like a rehash.

Andor, indirectly, declining to join the rebellion made me think about of Han Solo in Solo: A Star Wars Story. We know that Andor will ultimately join, but right now he's just some guy looking for his sister, and worrying about his adoptive mother's welfare.

Next week's episode will probably be where he changes his mind. Unlike the previous episodes, which had one director and one screenwriter for three episodes each, the next two doesn't. Though, I can't say for sure that it'll be when Andor joins the rebellion for reason, and it's not just a one-off adventure (a break from these two three-episode ones).

Comment

This was the first episode of the series until this point that didn't make me yawn at any point. It was a proper Star Wars story and delivery with action and drama. I just can't undertand why it took 5 episodes to get us here when 2 would have sufficed.

Not surprised most of the rebels died either. Tony Gilroy wrote Rogue One as well, so his mindset of implementing high stakes was to be expected. Apart from Nemik, I can't say I'll miss any of them. And at least Nemik's death and manifesto appears to be what inspires Andor to take the cause more seriously.

Since I don't want to be a negative Nancy all the time, I'll give this show props on one thing: It's cinematography is brilliant. And along with the choices they've made in location shootings, it's a beautiful show to watch. They have also done very well with the CGI work on stuff like Coruscant, the Senate or The Eye celebration.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎