0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I’m getting a sense of finality in this season, especially with the flash forwards that provide hints of what is to come this season. I hope they don’t taunt the viewers about Felicity’s fate like they did with Iris in The Flash’s 4th season.

Comment

Obviously it's either some kind of metaphorical death or these scenes are from a future that will never actually happen once the present changes. Can't believe they're still teasing Felicity dying, 3 years after the last debacle.

Comment

I don't want to turn this into a bash Felicity thing but obviously, I haven't been a fan of hers, especially in seasons 3-5 but the last 2 seasons I've started to turn around on her and actually like her. That said, yeah, it's just another tease of her character getting killed off. I mean, if this was the final season I could see them doing it but since there's no sign of that, then those flashforwards saying she is dead are false....she's probably in hiding.

That said, I am enjoying the prison scenes with Oliver. I wonder where they are going with that. And that Green Arrow impostor.....I don't think it's Roy or future William. To me looking at that body frame, looks like a skinny woman to me. Could be Thea, maybe....or some other female.
        Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 11-06-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I really liked it. Arrow has definitely become a lot better again this season.
          Thing is, Arrow doesn't work as a happy show nor when everything is overly dramatic.
          And it also doesn't really work when the enemy is always and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME a step ahead of the good guys.

Seasons 1,2 and 3 had some really menacing main villains, but Team Arrow screwed their plans quite a lot, even though things looked quite bad from time to time. This is even true for Deathstroke, who had the best reason to be Oliver's superior in every way.

Season 4,5 and 6 had those "unbeatable" villains that were unbeatable for the sake of it. And whatever the good guys did, had already been planned by the bad guys in advance. It never felt like the Heroes actually acomplished anything. Then in the finale and only in the finale, the good guys somehow "won".

The current future obviously won't happen and the future cast will somehow try to prevent exactly that future. (Just like the Legends Future version of Green Arrow won't happen)
          If I had to guess it all comes down to Oliver being there or not. Future Oliver might have died in the prison and everything went downhill from there.
          But present Oliver will be able to prevent the events that separated the Glades from Star City.

Also they need some status quo to allow Oliver and Green Arrow to go into Season 8 and Oliver being a known criminal I just don't see it happen, even if he will be freed this season.
          Last edited by Argonar; 11-08-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I'm expecting some, if not all, events in the flashforwards to be reset, reversed or neutralized depending on the fallout of the Elseworlds crossover. So I'm not putting much stock in any deaths in the future sticking. The only caveat would be if present and Elseworld events were to mesh together in some way -- some events and characters erased, while others remain. Wouldn't that skewer the continuity, lol.

So Oliver finally gets his (unorthodox) professional psych assessment in prison, which did bring up some valid points. The doc was right about Robert Queen unfairly imposing his "sins" on Oliver to correct, with this setting Oliver on the course he's on now. Sure it made him become a vigilante, but over the years they've glossed over the cost of doing that ... so it's good there was a reminder that his origins the Arrowverse were anything but fuzzy and optimistic. Robert killed his bodyguard and himself so Oliver could live. Not as warm and fuzzy as the Flash or Supergirl's series are made out to be.

The Laurel - Felicity banter was fun to see, with Laurel being as salty as ever. Even better, it looks like she'll be Felicity's "mentor" in crossing over to the dark side. Hope there isn't blowback on Laurel when Felicity and team inevitably find themselves in over their heads against Dragon.
            Last edited by President_Luthor; 11-09-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I like this season better than the last.
              Oliver being in prison and while he clearly is playing his torturers it also seems like he is doing some inner processing, struggling both inside and outside as he used to.
              Dinah taking Quentin's mantle of "law or no law" seems fitting. Imprisoning Rene just after she almost got his daughter killed because she was NOT in control of the situation in the glades was a bit much but Quentin would have reacted this illogically in his worst days, too.
              I doubt that the Felicity in the future is dead - I guess she has uploaded herself into a computer.
              I suspect that the future we see will be reset by some time travel later in the season - at least I would like that.
              As to the new green Arrow - Roy seems plausible but it could also be Thea. Especially the scene when the nGA saved the cinema it looked like he/she was LoA trained. Why neither Roy or Thea would show themselves to their friends I just wonder - so maybe it is someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonar
                The current future obviously won't happen and the future cast will somehow try to prevent exactly that future. (Just like the Legends Future version of Green Arrow won't happen)
                If I had to guess it all comes down to Oliver being there or not. Future Oliver might have died in the prison and everything went downhill from there.
                But present Oliver will be able to prevent the events that separated the Glades from Star City.
                I think that would be a good plot.

Originally posted by Argonar
                Also they need some status quo to allow Oliver and Green Arrow to go into Season 8 and Oliver being a known criminal I just don't see it happen, even if he will be freed this season.
                I wondered about that, too, at the end of last season. But I wont like it, if some time travel will change what is happening in the present (as it did when Flash changed it), because what Oliver learned then and also now would be lost.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎