We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar

Titans #1.4 "Doom Patrol"

Now aware of Rachel’s power, Dick and Kory unite to find her. Escaped from the convent that sought to imprison her, Rachel puts her trust in Gar who reveals his own transformative powers. Seeking refuge, Gar brings Rachel home to his “family” – a group of misfit medical experiments we will come to know as The Doom Patrol (including Cliff Steele aka Robotman, Larry Trainor aka Negative Man and Rita Farr aka Elastiwoman) – in hopes of helping the girl. But what starts as a place of comfort for Rachel, soon turns dark under the scientific curiosity of The Doom Patrol’s leader Dr. Niles Caulder, whose experiment into Rachel’s powers threatens to set free a darkness, and reveal a new level of evil waiting to escape.

What did everyone think of the episode?

We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    I liked the introduction (an subsequently the backdoor pilot) of the Doom Patrol. There was a lot of exposition so, in regards to that nothing much happened until the end of the episode. The gist of their backstories was enough to get me interested in their series and hopefully their series will give us more explanation about how they came to be in flashbacks or however they want to do it

My favorite of the Doom Patrol were Cliff and Larry (played by Brendan Fraser and Matt Bomer); they were able to give a lot of personality to the characters in a short amount of time.

Rita on the other hand was a strange character. Her abilities in the episode didn’t seem to match the comics version of the character (at least how I’d envision her abilities). I mean from what I read of her abilities she’s supposed to be essentially a female version of Elongated Man (and Ant-Man), yet on the episode she seemed to be some weird blob thing. I’m hoping it’s because she doesn’t have control of her abilities yet (as this episode is concerned) and in the series she’ll have full control.

As for Chief...he seemed a bit sinister, of the little we saw of him. I don’t mind though, that the actor was recast by Timothy Dalton for the series; A former Bond is a real get.

Anyway...by the end the team finally came together. And by the looks of next weeks episode they’re going to be training.