No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated? What did you think of #4-1"American Alien"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated? What did you think of #4-1"American Alien"

What did you think of season 4 premiere?
    10. awesome
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1. Bad
    0%

Watched it again.

As I said in the other thread, It seems that Supergirl finally found it's pace when it came to using allegories that mirrored real life.

In the past, there was times when they went too far with the comparisons to real life issues. To the point that it didn't make sense! Like with the "build the wall" comment during one episode despite the fact that they had a female president in the white house, and Donald Trump didn't exist in this universe. See what I mean, yeah?

But this premiere laid everything out in a perfectly logical manner without connecting too much to real life issues. It's very obvious that some things were meant as an allegory, but you also can just enjoy the story as it is without thinking about real life at all. They finally stuck that perfect balance... I hope they keep that up.

the focus this year seems to be as much about bringing the series back to the tone and approach of Season 2, while making new ground. The Reign storyline in general barely seems to matter at this point. Instead, the focus has shifted back to National City's growing anti-alien hysteria and drama within the Luthor family. Truth be told, I'm getting some strong X-men vibes here.
    But I think it's a smart move, because to be honest here villians were never the show's strongest point. They always end up being lackluster near the end of the season, you know?

It was fun to see two of Lex Luthor's most iconic minions make their debut in the arrow-verse.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎