Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Jeremy Bulloch (the original Boba Fett). Probably too late now, but it would be nice if they could include a notice, after the end credits of the season finale. Just a simple photo of him in the Boba Fett armor, with his name on display.

Comment

Chapter 16.

[SPOILER]I assume that The Book of Boba Fett is a spin-off, and not an indicator that season 3 will focus on Boba Fett as the main character. In the case of the former, I appreciate that they held off this announcement, rather than announcing it alongside the others. Was not expecting the Jedi, who'd show up, to be Luke. Even when the X-wing showed up, when we saw the color of his lightsaber and that the Jedi was wearing one glove on his right hand, I was sure that it'd be a fakeout (i.e. the Jedi takes off his hood and it turns out to be someone else entirely). Now Grogu has gone off with him, but it doesn't feel like a conclusion for Mando. We leave him there, on the bridge. The darksaber in his possession, with Bo-Katan unable to claim it without a fight (that Mando is unlikely to give her, as he's not interested in the darksaber or ruling Mandalore. Making it clear that many would see her victory as him having let her win).[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Kept waiting for Mando to get a new ship. Seen a lot of speculations that he'd (if Boba died) get Slave 1 (saw Eckhartsladder speculate that Mando would get Slave 2, which is a hidious ship). For a while, I suspected that Mando would end up with the imperial shuttle. Though, it was probably for the best, that he didn't get a new one, this season. Gives them more time to come up with a new ship for him. Along with it not feeling rushed. You know, we go from the emotional scene on the bridge, to Mando using the reward for capturing Gideon to buy himself a new ship. It'd be too much.[/SPOILER]
      Last edited by jon-el87; 12-18-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

[SPOILER]You know, I didn't even think about the fact, that the landing party (outside of Mando) consisted entirely of women, until it was pointed out to me on youtube. Not bad. I like it (both that they did it, and pulled it off, without drawing my attention to it).[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Liked Bo-Katan's line that not all Mandalorians are bounty hunters. Like in her previous episode, she highlights that Mandalorians are not a homogeneous mass, which is always nice to see. Fiction have a tendency to draw folkgroups with a broad brush. In the case of sci-fi, entire races have a tendency to be given one defining characterstic. I remember a TNG episode, where Deanna Troi declares a race to be mercenaries (really? A race of millions, perhaps billions, all have the same job? None of them have a different one?).[COLOR=#000 !important][/COLOR][/SPOILER]

Comment

Chapter 16: The Rescue

That was a season finale!!! And such a bittersweet one at that. I am so curious about where S3 will go.

[SPOILER]What was up with Bo-Katan having to fight to gain possession of the dark saber? I didn’t quite get why she needed to fight and win the saber back (Is that part of Mandalorian culture).

Dark Troopers...knew that was too easy. Those things were like terminators; relentless and cold as robots should be. And how did Gideon know Mando fought just one before he launched them into the galaxy? But, what happens?...

Luke “freakin” Skywalker himself😎 shows up (he’s the one that reached out to Grogu). and ends up dismantling all the Dark Troopers and thus saving Mando and the rest of the crew. It was such a tense sequence of events especially when you don’t see the face. That was the best lightsaber battle I’ve seen Luke have in his youth
          [/SPOILER]. These are the moments that make you love Star Wars and don’t mind going back to the well.

[SPOILER] When Mando took off his helmet to say goodbye to Grogu, I had tears. Than Grogu looking back was just so gut wrenching especially with the connection he had with Mando (hopefully this isn’t the last we see of Grogu); I mean we all know the bond they’ve created with each other; Grogu has grown to think Mando as a father figure so, waiting for Mando to give permission for him to go with Luke was just bittersweet and showed real growth for the character. [/SPOILER] I think this was the point where they should have revealed Mando’s face for the first time. It would have carried more weight when he finally did.

Originally posted by jon-el87

[SPOILER]I assume that The Book of Boba Fett is a spin-off, and not an indicator that season 3 will focus on Boba Fett as the main character. In the case of the former, I appreciate that they held off this announcement, rather than announcing it alongside the others. [/SPOILER]
          I didn’t see this spin-off coming. Again, didn’t get the hype of the character until he came back into the fold this season. I’m curious about the title...is it in reference to source material already out or will this be a completely fresh concept. And will Ming-Na Wen continue onto this series with her partnership with Disney.

[SPOILER] Was not expecting the Jedi, who'd show up, to be Luke. Even when the X-wing showed up, when we saw the color of his lightsaber and that the Jedi was wearing one glove on his right hand, I was sure that it'd be a fakeout (i.e. the Jedi takes off his hood and it turns out to be someone else entirely). Now Grogu has gone off with him, but it doesn't feel like a conclusion for Mando. [/SPOILER]
          That was the best surprise of all. [SPOILER] It just makes me wonder if Carrie were still alive would the scene have been with the two of them; especially since Leia would have been training with Luke at this point in the timeline. The de-aging technology still needs work. When he spoke I noticed that the features in his face didn’t move like your face should naturally move [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]You know, I didn't even think about the fact, that the landing party (outside of Mando) consisted entirely of women, until it was pointed out to me on youtube. Not bad. I like it (both that they did it, and pulled it off, without drawing my attention to it).[/SPOILER]
          I noticed that one my first watch of the episode. I was like, ‘why are they leading the charge and Mando behind them?’

[SPOILER] We leave him there, on the bridge. The darksaber in his possession, with Bo-Katan unable to claim it without a fight (that Mando is unlikely to give her, as he's not interested in the darksaber or ruling Mandalore. Making it clear that many would see her victory as him having let her win).[/SPOILER]

Yeah...”to be continued” it seems for S3.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-10-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I’m curious about the title...is it in reference to source material already out or will this be a completely fresh concept.
            Looking at Wookiepedia, the title appears to be original.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            And will Ming-Na Wen continue onto this series with her partnership with Disney.
            It certainly looks that way.

Saw someone online ask if Han could appears, either as a de-aged Harrison Ford or an aged up Alden Ehrenreich. Neither scenario would probably happen. I could see Alden show up on one of the shows, but only if they had him play like Han's secret son with Qi'ra. You know, reveal that Qi'ra was pregnant during the opening scene of Solo (but hadn't told Han yet or something). With that scene set 13 years before A New Hope (which is set a decade before this), their son would be 20-something at this point. I doubt that they'd ever do it, but it is a possibility. Some would probably be triggered by it (someone is always triggered by something), as Han never mentions said character in the movies, but why would he (provided that he even knew about him, during, at least, the OT)? In the sequels, his focus is on Ben. He wouldn't be standing around with Leia, discussing her step-son, when the issue is his son with her.

I doubt that it'd happen, but it would make for a cool moment, like Boba Fett, at the start of this season. We see the back of a brunette guy. He turns around and we're given a brief glimpse of a guy, who is the spitting image of a 20-something Han Solo (and everyone looses it. The internet goes crazy. People speculating if this guy is a clone of Han or his son (and who his mother might be).).

Comment

It’s going around that [SPOILER]The Book of Boba Fett[/SPOILER] could possibly be the third season of “The Mandalorian” (or at least partially) because S3 is supposed to premiere at the same time in December 2021 (due to COVID). Though, I’ve also read that the series has already started filming and the shows are on separate shooting schedules + Pascal has signed on for S3. I’m definitely hoping we get both shows airing concurrently. Next year Disney+ should have enough original content that they can have multiple series running at the same time.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-19-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Ok...Jon Favreau has confirmed that S3 is separate from the spin-off series. So we’ll get two Star Wars series at the same time next December.

https://tvline.com/2020/12/21/the-bo...december-2021/

Comment

I just finished watching the Season 2: Making Of...it just made me want to re-watch the season over and over again. They’re all a bunch of Star Wars nerds😂...from the directors to the actors and everyone in between, it seemed to be such a fun work environment. I obviously enjoyed all the behind the scenes magic and what each director wanted to accomplish for each of their episodes. As well as how certain animated characters (e.g. Bo-Katan) and objects (e.g the dark saber) were re-introduced in live action this season.

Comment

Yeah, checked it out too. Liked Filoni's remark: "I don't like bringing characters in unless there's a real value to it". If only the rest of Hollywood can learn that. Don't have the two guys from the Mos Eisley cantina be randomly bumping into Jyn Erso, on Jedha, a few days before their confrontation with Obi-Wan... Also, don't have a guy point to a random Delorean and declare it a "time machine" (bad fan service is bad fan service. Don't matter if it's a character or object).

Comment

Gina Carano has been fired after controversial social media posts.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalo...nt-1234691898/

Obviously she’s entitled to her own opinion but, Disney has a zero-tolerance policy and a business/brand to maintain. I don’t expect this to be much of a problem for Lucasfilm/Disney to find another actor/character to replace Gina Carano...especially since she was just recurring. It’s actually a perfect time to introduce a new character since it seems S3 will be going in a new/different direction.

Comment

Comment

S3 has been delayed until March 2023

https://tvline.com/2022/12/01/the-ma...se-date-march/

Comment

Comment

Glad to see we'll get more Order 66 flashbacks and hopefully information about how Grogu survived.

Comment

I see Bo-Katan is still salty about Mando getting the Darksaber.

Good start to the season. Grogu hugging the droid mechanics had me in stitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎