Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watched the first episode. Found it quite interesting. Will probably watch the second episode tomorrow. Disney+ have only made those two episodes available (in my region). Seeing some people online getting upset by that, but I'm okay with it. I don't care for bingewatching. You just run through all the episodes at once, no time to digest each episode, then forget about the show a week later (often I don't rewatch Netflix originals). This way, I'll have new things to watch on Disney+ each week (and will have only finished season one, shortly before season two).

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    I loved the first season. I always watched each episode multiple times prior to the following episode. I thought the varying runtimes would be a detriment but, it made it easier to rewatch; the episodes were as long as they needed to be without being bogged down by unnecessary filler.

I did review each episode but, due to the site crash early in the year, the posts were all wiped out (both times, the effected posts were ones created in the fall/winter months)...so, Iíll try again with S2 and this time save my posts somewhere on my iPad just in case.

Watched the third episode on Friday. At times, it sounded like Pascal was making a Clint Eastwood imitation with his voice. Of course, I've heard that Favreau had the cast watch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, before they started filming the first season (I always appreciate it when filmmakers go to pre-1977 films for inspiration). So, it makes sense for Pascal to be influenced by Eastwood in his performance.

Liked the ending bit, where the other Mandalorian was flying with his jet pack beside the ship and saluted the main character. Reminded me of a shot in The Rocketeer, which was directed by Joe Johnston (the guy who designed Boba Fett). This is the type of reference that I can get behind. It's integrated into everything. They don't just stop everything, with the main character calling attention to the reference by going "hey, it's just like in The Rocketeer!".

"Chapter 4: Sanctuary"

Michael York: "There is no sanctuary."

Beats the Magnificent Seven remake from a few years back. The original being an American remake of Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (with A Fistful of Dollars being an Italian remake of his film Yojimbo). It's nice to see this series drawing inspiration either directly from Kurosawa (whose Samurai movies heavily inspired Lucas while doing the original trilogy) or from the foreign remakes of his films.

Cara's comments about AT-STs make them seem more dangerous than they appeared in RotJ, where several were destroyed by Ewoks (of course, the two (non-canon) Ewok TV movies established large and dangerous creatures living on the forrest moon... so the Ewoks would be used to defending themselves against big and dangerous things).

Chapter 5

Is there some Disney mandate that Ming-Na Wen must appear in every major, Disney-owned franchise? Not complaining, thought she did a good job.

The mysterious figure, at the end, peaks my interest.

Chapter 6.

I like that they established that Xi'an (and the other two) is still alive. Means that she could return in season 2.

The three X-wing pilots, at the end, were played by Dave Filoni, Rick Famuyiwa (the director of this episode and Chapter 2) and Deborah Chow (the director of Chapter 3 and Chapter 7).

Liked the cameo by a member of Rio Durant's race. A nice little nod to this show's creator.

Chapter 7.

Given the cliffhanger ending, I feel like I should wait until I've watched Chapter 8, before commenting on Chapter 7. Though, I liked Chapter 7.

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12