No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11 :) :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Season 11 :) :)

I just found this on youtube last night, and thought i'd share it here!!!!

Smallville Season 11 hits CW on October 8th

Couldnt be more excited about this!!!

Check out the trailer here:

The fight for Justice begins Monday, October 8 on The CW. Stream SMALLVILLE for free on The CW App: go.cwtv.com SUBSCRIBE: http://go.cwtv.com/YTSubscribe Abo...

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is a fan-made video using dialogue from old episodes overlaid above clips of the actors from other things. Stupidly, for Chloe they've used a clip of Allison Mack talking to NXIVM head honcho Keith Raniere. In any case, if a TV adaptation of season 11 was genuinely a goer, I bet there would have been loads of threads and posts about it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bally
      In any case, if a TV adaptation of season 11 was genuinely a goer, I bet there would have been loads of threads and posts about it already.
      It could never happen. Looking at season 11, much of it was probably BQM doing stuff they either couldn't afford (ex. visiting the 31st Century or the Watchtower base on the moon/space station) or weren't allowed to do (ex. having Clark meet Batman and Wonder Woman) on the show. You'd probably need more than $10 million per episode. As they wouldn't be able to pull off all of season 11 in ten episodes, you'd end up with a season that costs upwards to or above $220 million. Of course, Warner Brothers blew $300 million on Justice League. What's the worst that can happen? A TV show with a $220 million season budget proves more successful than a movie that cost $300 million?

If anything more is ever made, it should and would have to be season 12. Explore what happens after "Continuity".

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        It could never happen. Looking at season 11, much of it was probably BQM doing stuff they either couldn't afford (ex. visiting the 31st Century or the Watchtower base on the moon/space station) or weren't allowed to do (ex. having Clark meet Batman and Wonder Woman) on the show. You'd probably need more than $10 million per episode. As they wouldn't be able to pull off all of season 11 in ten episodes, you'd end up with a season that costs upwards to or above $220 million. Of course, Warner Brothers blew $300 million on Justice League. What's the worst that can happen? A TV show with a $220 million season budget proves more successful than a movie that cost $300 million?

If anything more is ever made, it should and would have to be season 12. Explore what happens after "Continuity".
        plus a lot of the story-lines seemed like they were based on the cartoons/comic books of Superman than actual Smallville continuity. it didn't help that the artwork didn't have much in the way of the actors and actresses' likeness, and ended up looking more like generic Lex and Superman from any continuity out there.

There was times when I noticed that they went with a green-eyed lex luthor instead of having ice-blue eyes like Rosesaum's Lex Luthor, which threw me off the idea that it was a smallville story. Just some werid alternate universe where it had similarities to the smallville show but nothing more. Same thing when they made Lois Lane be purple-eyed instead of Erica Durance's green eyes, etc.

To me, this was one of the many flaws that the Smallville 11 comics had. and It started out so well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          plus a lot of the story-lines seemed like they were based on the cartoons/comic books of Superman than actual Smallville continuity.
          Yeah, it seems to be a recurring problem with these comic book continuations of shows (at least, the ones I've read).

it didn't help that the artwork didn't have much in the way of the actors and actresses' likeness,
          This I'm willing to overlook. To use their likeness, they'd have to have their permission (which may require them to pay the actors). Otherwise, they could sue. Everything's a complicated legal matter.

Comment

?

Comment

This was sadly a fan video made... as evidenced by the footage of Allison Mack during her interview with the cult leader. So far, no plans for a return of Smallville, though Michael and Tom are trying to put together an animated thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                This was sadly a fan video made... as evidenced by the footage of Allison Mack during her interview with the cult leader. So far, no plans for a return of Smallville, though Michael and Tom are trying to put together an animated thing.
                I would prefer they leave Allison out of it and recast if they do the Animated Series. Someone suggested Kristen Bell as she apparently is friends with Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  I would prefer they leave Allison out of it and recast if they do the Animated Series. Someone suggested Kristen Bell as she apparently is friends with Michael.
                  Personally, I'd prefer them to leave the character out of it. The character really overstayed her welcome. And during this overstaying, we had people from the future note that they had never heard of her (indicating that she has no greater destiny). When she operates as Watchtower in S9, it's framed as being negative to her mental health. A fact she ever highlights in "Fortune", where she outright says that she can't go back to that, and that she hasn't felt like herself since leaving high school (which is why she's going back to journalism). And that seemed to be the end of her character's story (with the 2018 bookends of the "Finale" showing her having a son, and living in another country). Yet, when we get to S11, Chloe is back to being Watchtower. Even after finding out that she's pregnant, and is supposed to retire, she still rushes back to be involved in everything.

I say, let this character rest. There are a lot of other established characters that deserve to be brought back and explored. Whatever happened to all those metahuman teenagers involved with the Isis Foundation? Speaking of Isis, did Erica Cerra's character (Adrianna) ever gain the powers of Isis? And remember that (apparently) half-Kryptonian kid from "Persona"?

Then there are non-introduced characters. After all, the 33.1 storyline in S6 established metahumans as a worldwide thing, which had been teased in S4 with Mikhail and the French witches. Let's have Clark travel a bit, and encounter some of them.

We only got two cameos by Jimmy Olsen (James B. Olsen). Let's spend some time with him, and clear up some questions (including the inconsistencies in his brother's life story). And then you have all the other Superman supporting characters.

Comment

Yeah, Chloe doesn’t need to be involved but if they did have her, better to recast. Yes, all good possible routes to explore!

Comment

I have had writer’s block for years but I started a fic that involves the Smallville Crisis in Season 11 altering the future. Jimmy is resurrected as Jimmy, his deadbeat dad changed his name out of spite for his mom. The little brother is a half brother with no interest in photography . I would be fine if they want that route.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎