Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Summer In Love

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be posting the last two chapters of this story within in the next week or so. I've been preoccupied with recovering my story, A Second Chance, that I havent had the chance to edit those chapters and post them, but they will be posted very soon

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up. I've got do many fics I'm reading that while I have notifications set for ASC, once the reboot happened I've held off restarting and and hoping to finish this first.🙂 Can't wait for the final chapters.

Comment

• Sneaking a peak to make sure I haven't missed anything 😏 All good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sykobee
          Sneaking a peak to make sure I haven't missed anything  All good.
          I've been trying to find the time to post the remainder two chapters of this story, but I've been working a lot of overtime the past week, so haven't been able to, but next week I should be able to post them. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Comment

• At this point, more worried about me missing the finale than anything. Quality is better than speed when I'm following an author, so no worries again.
            Take fun & have care😊

Comment

• Chapter Fifty-Four:

ONE YEAR LATER…

“All done.”

Lois slowly stood up as soon as her cousin stepped away from her, and walked over to the long wall-hanging mirror on the other side of the room, her lips curling into a small smile at the way she looked right at this very moment.

Her dark brunette hair was braided and twisted into a tight bun with two single strands hanging loosely on the side of her face.

Her makeup was a more natural look.

Her dress was pure white with lace sleeves and embroidered white gems spreading down from below her chest to the bottom of the dress. It hugged her upper body, tightly, while the rest of the dress hung loosely around her legs all the way down to her feet.

It was absolutely beautiful.

“Wow…You guys really went all out.”

Chloe chuckled at her, as she appeared behind her in the mirror. “It is your wedding day, Lo, you’re going to shock him like no other.”

She slowly turned around towards her. “You think he’ll like it?”

“Like it? He’ll love it!”

Kara nodded her head in agreement with her friend. “My cousin wont know what hit him. You look absolutely breathtaking.”

A soft smile appeared on her face before she turned back around towards the mirror, her eyes glancing over every inch of her appearance. “I can’t believe this is actually happening.”

Lana rested her hand on her shoulder. “You’ve both been waiting one year for this day. We’ve all been planning and preparing for this day. It’s okay to feel a little nervous about all of this.”

“Nervous? I’m not nervous about marrying the man I love. I’m just anxious. It’s like you said we’ve waited one year for this, but now that it is actually happening I can’t believe it.” A wide grin spread out across her face. “I’m getting married today.”

Chloe grinned, widely at her. “Yes, you are, Lo.”

“About damn time too.”

Kara rolled her eyes at them. “Okay. Okay. Let’s give her some time to calm those nerves she claims she doesn’t have, and check on that lovely groom of yours, you know, make sure he isn’t freaking out about marrying the woman he loves.”

Lois chuckled, softly as all three of them left the room, and rationalized that he was probably more nervous than she was. Ever since he was a teenager, hell, probably even before then he had thought about his weeding day, while she had just focused on what was happening in her life right at that moment, and now that this day was actually happening he was probably freaking out, at least a little bit.

Of course, she was too, but not for the same reasons as him.

He was probably freaking out over the fact that they were finally getting married. She was a little nervous about that too, but mostly, she was freaking out over the fact that after they said their vows and after their honeymoon everything they had both ever wanted would have been achieved. What would they look forward to now?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her baby girl, Krislyn Joanne Lane-Kent, babbling away in her crib, and glanced over to find her entertaining herself with several toys.

Clark, Kaleb and the rest of the family sure enjoyed spoiling the little one, she thought to herself, as she walked over to her daughter with a soft smile lingering on her face, and couldn’t stop herself from thinking about the eventful day she came into their lives.

A LITTLE OVER THREE MONTHS AGO…

Lois was sitting in the living room of the farmhouse with her hands softly clutching her large stomach, hoping that that would stop the painful contractions she was feeling right now, but she knew that it was completely and utterly useless.

She knew exactly what was happening.

She was in labor.

There was a small part of herself that wanted to grab her son, call her cousin, and have Jonathon take her to the hospital, but the other part of herself was holding a little hope that the man she loved with all of her heart would return to them in the next hour or so before she had this baby.

A little over one week ago he had been called away on a natural disaster happening in China, and even though she wanted him here right now she understood that those people, who were in mortal danger needed him—needed Superman even more.

During this entire pregnancy they had promised each other that he would be here this time around, but it was beginning to become clear that that might not be possible. She was in the beginning stages of labor and he was miles and miles away from her.

No matter what she wanted she wouldn’t want him to deal with the guilt of leaving all of those people just to be at her side when their little girl was born, even if that’s exactly what she wanted.

A sharp, agonizing pain surged throughout her body, causing her to grip her stomach even tighter, and yell out, “Ahhh!”

She took a deep, deep breath as soon as the pain was gone, and whispered, “Come on, baby girl, I need you to just wait a little bit longer. We promised your daddy that he would be here this time around. We can’t break that promise.”

Not even two minutes later an even more agonizing pain shot through her, causing her to scream out, loudly in pain, and felt a warm, wet sensation between her legs.

Great, she thought to herself, just great.

It wasn’t that she wasn’t ready or prepared to see her baby girl because she was, but it was the fact that she wanted him to be here, and as much as she had attempted pushing down the pain she had been feeling the past few hours she knew that she would be having this child without the man she loved by her side.

Kaleb, who had been playing outside with Shelby, rushed inside when he heard his mom yell out in pain. “Mom? What’s wrong?”

She smiled, softly at him. “Kal, I need you to listen to me, okay? I need you to go get your grandpa, and tell him that the baby is coming.”

His eyes widened to the size of saucers before he nodded and rushed outside.

As soon as he was gone she quickly grabbed her phone, and dialed a familiar number. “Hey, cuz, I need you to meet me at the hospital.”

It was silent for a few seconds. “What? Right now? The baby is coming right now? No. No. No. This can’t happen right now. Clark, Oliver and Bruce aren’t back yet. He can’t miss this again.”

She rolled her eyes at her words. “Well, I can’t really do anything about that. I’m not going to put our baby being born ahead of all those people that need his help, besides neither of us will be able to get a hold of him or anyone else for that matter.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Kara should be done with that mission in Africa by now. You might not be willing to move Heaven and Earth to get him here, but I am.”

“What are you planning on doing, Chloe?”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you real soon, cuz.”

Before she could utter a single word, the line clicked in her ear, and she hoped against all hope that her cousin didn’t do something stupid. Of course, she wanted him here, but that didn’t mean she wanted him to stop doing what he was best at…saving people.

Over the past couple of months, he had become more and more involved with The Justice League when he wasn’t helping her with news-breaking stories at The Daily Planet, even going on a few dangerous missions with them, and even though she hated the idea of him being in danger she was very, very proud of everything he was doing.

Ever since the day she met him all of those years ago she knew that he was meant for bigger and better things, and in the past few months he had achieved that. He had become the hope that this world desperately needed, and no matter what she didn’t want the fact that she was currently in labor to jeopardize the way the people—the world looked at him.

A hero.

He has always done what was right for people above himself and that wasn’t going to stop all because she wanted him by her side. She just hoped that her cousin wasn’t planning on forcing him back home when he was obviously needed somewhere else.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the front door swinging open before two of her favorite men rushed inside of the house, and she smiled at both of them, as Jonathon slowly helped her to her feet. “Are you ready for this?”

“Do I have a choice?”

He chuckled, softly at her. “I called Martha she’s going to meet us at the hospital.”

She allowed her soon to be father in law and son to help her out to the car, and even though she had a feeling that she would be doing this alone just like she had done all of those years ago she still held a sliver of hope that he would be there with her, hopefully on his own terms not because her cousin enjoyed meddling a little more than any other sane person.

A little over thirty minutes later, Chloe was standing, quite anxiously, in the headquarters of Watchtower waiting for the one person that could make everything feel more right about this situation—that could make her cousin’ unspoken hopes and dreams to come true.

Kara.

When she had realized that her cousin was in labor, also realizing that her best friend was too far away to contact herself she knew exactly what she needed to do.

One week ago, her best friend, husband and friend had all left to help the citizens of China with the massive earthquakes they were experiencing, and at the time she had figured that it would be an easy mission, but as it turns out things were even more complicated there then they were here.

There was no way she could contact them, but there was a way she could get her best friend a message, and hopefully her friend would be more than willing to take over for him, so he could be here for the birth of his child.

It had to work.

She had been there when Kaleb was born, and even though she had seen how happy her cousin was in that moment she had also seen how depressed she had been over the mere fact that Clark couldn’t be there.

She’d be damned if she allowed that to happen again.

Kara, who had been on the other side of the world completing a mission of her own in Africa, super sped into Watchtower, and stopped directly in front of her friend with a confused expression plastered across her face. “Chloe? What’s going on?”

She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her, and took several steps towards her. “I need you to go retrieve your cousin.”

Her face remained neutral. “What? Did you seriously call me all the way back here for this? Do I need to remind you that my cousin is busy saving the world with our husbands?”

She rolled her eyes at her sarcastic words. “Kara, you know that I wouldn’t have called unless it was important, but you know better than anyone that when he’s out there doing what he does best he doesn’t exactly stay connected to everyone here, and our lovely husbands have also been off the grid—”

“Because they are busy.”

“I know that, but I need him here and I need him here now.”

A frown took over her features. “What’s going on? I haven’t seen you like this in almost one year…” She trailed off as a particular thought occurred to her, and her eyes widened, slightly. “Is it Steve?”

“No, it’s something much worse.” When her frown deepened she continued, “It’s Lois. She’s in labor.”

Her eyes widened to the size of saucers at that bit of news. “What? Are you serious? I need to be with her.”

When she started to turn away from her, intending to get to her best friend as soon as possible she quickly grabbed her arm, and spun her back around towards her. “No. I need you to get Clark. He missed this once before, and even though she won’t admit it to anyone she wants him there more than anyone else.”

A heavy sigh escaped past her lips. “He won’t leave that easily.”

She grinned from ear to ear. “Which is why you’re going to take his place, and I suggest that you bring a few of our friends with you. You shouldn’t have to miss this too. I just know my best friend and I know that he would live in guilt for the rest of his life if he missed the birth of his child.”

She nodded and super sped away.

As soon as she was gone she rushed out of the building towards her cousin, knowing that she was probably going to be angry at her for meddling, but she wanted him here, and she knew that her cousin wanted him here too.

Miles and miles away from the small town of Kansas, Clark was flying as fast as he possibly could to a potentially dangerous building, which was on the verge of collapsing due to the massive earthquakes China was experiencing, and as soon as Bruce and Oliver managed to get all the civilians out of the way he could hopefully stop the impact from destroying anything else.

He quickly caught the building, as it started tilting, and attempted to keep it upright, while everyone got out safe. He had been so preoccupied with doing his job that he didn’t notice a familiar person appear right next to him until she opened her mouth.

“Need a hand?”

His head snapped towards her, and he glanced at her with a confused expression plastered across his face. “Kara? What are you doing here?”

She grinned at him. “Oh, you know, I thought that I’d give my dear cousin a hand, and I missed my husband more than anything.”

“I thought you were dealing with that smuggling ordeal in Africa?”

“I took care of it. I was actually headed here to help my favorite boys out when I received a call from your best friend. She needs you to get back to Smallville as soon as possible. It’s about Lois.”

A feeling stirred deeply inside of him—a feeling he didn’t appreciate very much. Ever since Lex and Murphy had been dealt with almost one year ago he always felt like something was going to jeopardize the happiness he felt when he was with her and their son.

It had had always been that way between them.

They had been torn apart from each other on three different occasions, and he had almost lost her once. It was a fear he never, ever wanted to feel again, but a fear that he felt every single time she was in danger, which was almost every single day since she purposefully chose to put herself in dangerous situations, especially when attempting to get to the bottom of the greatest stories in Metropolis.

Kara immediately noticed the expression slowly spreading out across his face. “She’s not in danger, Clark, she’s in labor.”

His deep aquamarine eyes widened in complete and utter shock before he momentarily lost all the strength in his arms, causing his hold on the building to falter, slightly, but Kara quickly pressed her hands against the slowly crumbling building. “You need to focus, Clark, I need you to get back home and be there for the woman you love. She might not say it out loud, but she needs you more than these people do.”

He quickly shook away his shock and surprise. “No, I can’t just leave these people—”

“Yes, you can. She might understand your reasons for not being there for the birth of your daughter, but you will never forgive yourself if you miss this.” When she noticed that he was going to argue with her about this she pressed further. “Look, I can take it from here, besides I brought some reinforcements.”

He frowned, slightly at her words before he glanced down towards the ground, and noticed that the rest of The Justice League was scattered everywhere helping everyone on the ground.

“I don’t plan on missing the birth of my niece either. Now, go, I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

He quickly nodded before flying away from the large continent, feeling emotion after emotion consume every fiber within his being.

Happiness from the mere thought of seeing his baby girl after waiting all these months for her to arrive.

Fear from the idea of this actually happening.

Nervousness from the mere fact that he would be experiencing all the things he had missed out on all those years ago.

Even though he was feeling all of these contradicting emotions it didn’t stop him from focusing on the one and only thing that mattered…getting to the love of his life and son as soon as possible.

It was time that he met his daughter.

“Ahhh!” Lois screamed out, as she was laying down on the hospital bed with the two people she saw as her parents, her son, cousin, her two closest friends, her father and sister standing close to her, attempting to be supportive, but in all honesty, they were beginning to crowd and overwhelm her, and it was only making this situation ten times worse.

Of course, she knew that they wanted—needed to be here, but she wanted him here and he wasn’t.

When her cousin had informed her that Kara had taken over in China, also informing her that he would be here for the birth of their child she had been angry at her for meddling, but now the man she loved was all she wanted, and he wasn’t anywhere to be found.

“Where is he?”

Chloe sighed, heavily, as she sat down next to her. “He’ll be here, Lo.”

She was about to respond, but was rendered speechless when another surge of pain surged throughout her entire body, wishing and hoping that the pain would just stop not only because she didn’t want to feel it anymore, but also because it would mean that her baby girl was here.

Jonathon quickly stood up from one of the many chairs scattered across the room. “I’m going to find Emil.”

Sam nodded. “I’m coming with you.”

Pete quickly grabbed his nephew before he followed them outside of the room not because they needed help finding the friendly doctor, but because he honestly couldn’t stand seeing his best friend in pain any longer.

As soon as the men were gone Martha walked closer to her daughter, and engulfed her hands in hers, squeezing, softly. “It’s going to be alright, Lois.”

She shook her head from side to side, vehemently. “No. No, it’s not going to be okay. I want him. I want Clark. Where is he?”

Clark, who had head the love of his screaming in pain from down the hall and rushed to her room as fast as humanly possible, slowly walked into the room smiling, softly at her, but that smile quickly fell when he could see the way her face was scrunched up in pain. “I’m right here, Lo.”

Her eyes landed on him, and she smiled, widely at him. “Clark.”

Clark quickly rushed over to her side. “Hello there, beautiful. You were supposed to wait a little bit longer.”

A strained chuckle escaped past her lips. “Well, you can take that up with your daughter when she gets here.”

All of a sudden, another painful contraction hit her like a freight train, causing her to scream out in pain, which caused Clark to quickly crawl next to her on the bed, holding her close to his chest, and whispered in her ear, “It’s okay, baby, it’s going to be okay.”

As soon as the pain was gone she smiled, faintly up at him. “You’re really here?”

He smiled down at her, and brushed the damp hair away from her face. “Of course, I’m here. I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

Emil Hamilton slowly walked into the room, and grinned, widely at the man laying down next to his patient. “I’m glad you could make it, Clark.” He locked eyes with Lois. “How are you feeling?”

She glared at him. “How do you think I’m feeling?”

Right, he thought to himself, as memories of the last time they had been in this situation, and mentally berated himself for uttering such a stupid question, especially to this woman in particular. “How far apart are the contractions?”

Lana quickly stepped forward, knowing that her best friend was just going to have a smart remark. “Less than one minute.”

“Good. It’s time, Lois. I need everyone except Clark to leave the room.”

Chloe glared daggers at him. “Why? We were with her last time.”

He sighed, heavily. “Against hospital rules, but I allowed it because of particular circumstances that we do not speak of anymore. Those circumstances don’t apply anymore, but I believe that Clark has been waiting quite a long time for this moment, and I think it’s better if it’s just the two of them.”

Lois smiled at each and every one of her friends and family. “It’s okay. I just need Clark right now. He missed this before. I’m not going to allow him to miss one single second of this.”

Lucy slowly walked over to her sister, and gently kissed the top of her head. “We’ll be right outside those doors. I love you, Lo.”

“I love you too, Luce.”

As soon as everyone left the room Emil glanced between the two of them. “Are you ready?”

Lois glanced up at her soon to be husband. “Are you ready for this?”

He grinned from ear to ear. “Let’s meet our daughter.”

Several hours later, Clark watched as his beautiful woman slept peacefully next to him just like he has been doing ever since she fell asleep a little over one hour ago, and he couldn’t help feeling incredibly happy at the sight of her right now.

She had been in so much pain during labor, and as soon as their baby girl had been born she had been extremely happy—happier than he’s ever seen her before, but he could tell that she was more than a little exhausted, which is why he had told everyone to go home, knowing that they would all be back first thing in the morning.

Technically, he wasn’t supposed to be here either, but Emil had given him a pass since he had missed all of this last time, and there was no way in hell he was going to miss a second of her precious life.

Speaking of, he thought to himself, when he heard his daughter make a cute little noise in the crib a few feet away from him, and slowly made his way over to her, his eyes landing on her beautiful face.

She had thick, dark black hair, and was the most beautiful baby girl he had ever seen in his entire life.

“Hello there, little one, I know your sleeping and even if you were awake you wouldn’t understand what I’m saying, but I just cant stop myself from talking to you every chance I get. I want you to know my voice. Now that I’m thinking about it you probably already do since I talked to you almost every single night.”
              He brushed his fingers lightly against her soft skin. “You might not believe this, but your big brother was just as small as you are right now. I wasn’t there for him until recently, but I promise you that I’m going to be here for you through everything. When you take your first step. When you utter your first word. When you start developing abilities. When you make friends. When you get your first boyfriend…”

He trailed off at his own words, frowning, slightly at the implication behind them. “Scratch that you’re never getting a boyfriend.”

Lois, who had been listening to his entire conversation with their daughter, couldn’t stop herself from chuckling at his final words. “I wouldn’t be to sure about that. If she’s anything like her mother than she’ll have all the boys scrambling to even get the slightest bit of attention from her.”

A low sounding groan escaped past his throat, as he slowly walked back towards her. “Well, then let’s hope that she’s more like me.”

She shook her head from side to side. “Nuh-huh mister. Kaleb is already a spitting image of you. I don’t need two of you running around.”

He chuckled at her. “With any luck, she’ll look just like you, and her personality will be just like mine.”

“With any luck.” She slowly moved over, so he could climb into the small bed next to her, and as soon as they were both comfortable enough she rested her head on his chest, while he wrapped both of his arms around her body just like they did every single time they laid like this. “I wasn’t sure you were going to make it.”

“I wouldn’t have missed this for the world. You, Kaleb and that little girl mean the world to me.”

“Krislyn Joanne Lane-Kent has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?”

He hummed at her. “Maybe we shouldn’t have our next child’s name start with the letter K…”

His words caused her heart to jump, violently inside of her chest. “Next one? Do you realize that that is the last thing on my mind right now? I literally just gave birth to that daughter of ours we won’t be having another one for a very long time.”

A soft chuckle escaped past his lips. “You never know, Lo.”

“Cl-ark!”

“Okay. Okay. I’ll stop. Honestly, just having you, Kaleb and Krislyn is perfect enough for me. I never thought that I would have this, and that’s all because of you. I don’t think I ever thanked you for everything you’ve given to me.”

A large, contagious smile spread out across her face before she slowly pushed herself up, and stared down at the handsome man beneath her. “I love you, Clark Kent.”

“And I love you, Lois Lane.”

They shared a sweet and passionate kiss, both of them feeling extremely happy that they were together, and even though they had been through a lot over the years they had persevered through all of it, and they always would.

PRESENT…

Her memories from that day were interrupted when she heard her baby girl babbling complete nonsense in her crib, and quickly picked her up as soon as she outstretched her little arms towards her, obviously wanting to be held.

She slowly starting walking around the room, rocking her daughter back and forth in her arms. “You are one happy and excited little girl this morning. I need you to be really, really good for me and your daddy today. You might not understand what is going on and you might be a little confused by all the ruckus, but I’ll be marrying your daddy very soon.

I think he’s more nervous than I am, but by the end of the day one of our nerves wouldn’t have mattered because we were always supposed to end up here. Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve thought about this day more times than I’ve admitted. When we were younger I thought about it too, but don’t tell him I told you that. He’d hold it over my head for the rest of my life.”

Martha, who had overheard the last part of her one-sided conversation, slowly walked into the room, and grinned from ear to ear at the perfect picture that those two painted. “You’ll have to swear me to secrecy too.”

Lois quickly turned around, completely surprised to find her soon to be mother in law standing in the doorway. “Martha? What are you doing here?”

She quirked a brow at her. “Did you really think I wouldn’t find a few minutes to talk to my beautiful daughter before she married my handsome son?”

A soft chuckle escaped past her lips before she gently settled Krislyn back in her crib. “How is he doing?”

“Honestly, I have no idea. He’s been with Kaleb for quite some time now. I’m pretty sure that he’s just distracting himself for the time being.” She roamed her eyes up and down her entire attire. “You look absolutely beautiful.”

A light blush tinted her cheeks. “Really? I think they might have went a little too far.”

“That’s the point, sweetheart, it’s your wedding day. Every second of this day is supposed to be special, even your dress, hair and makeup. I remember my wedding day. I was feeling like it was too much too.”

She rose her brows at that. “You had a big wedding?”

“Don’t be so surprised those Kent men can be very romantic when they want to be.”

“Don’t I know it.”

“It was a lot like this, except it was in a barn and not in a five star hotel, but I was feeling the exact same way you are right now.”

She feigned innocence, not wanting her to know just how nervous she was actually feeling right now. “You were happy, excited, enthralled—”

“Nervous, Lois, I was nervous just like you are right now, and don’t you dare try to deny it. I know you better than anyone, even better than that handsome man outside.”

If she was planning on denying it any further she couldn’t now, she thought to herself, before slowly collapsing down onto the chair. “I don’t want to be nervous, but I just can’t help feeling this way. I’m not worried or concerned about what’s going to happen it’s the fact that this is actually happening.

When we first met marriage was never something that occurred to me, and even within those three months that we spent together I never thought about it. It wasn’t until we were reunited the first time around that I started thinking about this, but of course, things kept getting in the way. I guess I’m just nervous that after this were not going to have anything to look forward to.”

Martha frowned, slightly at her words. “What are you talking about?”

She took a deep breath. “Ever since we met we’ve looked forward to so many things. When I was forced to leave him all those years ago we both looked forward to seeing each other again even though both of us were pretty sure that was never going to happen. When he left for his training we both looked forward to finding our way back to each other again, and this past year we’ve both looked forward to this day. What do we look forward to after this?”

Martha smiled, softly at her, and grabbed both of her hands, squeezing them. “Everything, Lois, you have everything to look forward to. After today you’ll have your honeymoon to look forward to. I know that you’re afraid of not wanting anything more after this, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Instead of looking forward to monumental things like marriage you’ll look forward to all of the little things. All that matters is the memories you two make with each other and with your two beautiful children.”

She smiled, widely at her. “Thank you, Martha, you always know the right thing to say.”

“I’m always here to help. Now, I should probably help Lana and Chloe make sure that everything is going according to plan for your very special day.”

She watched her leave the room with a smile plastered across her face before she slowly stood up and walked back over to the mirror.

Today she was getting married.

Today was the beginning of the rest of their lives.

Today was the day everything changed for them.

And she couldn’t wait.

Finally I found the time to get this chapter posted, and the final chapter should be posted within the next couple of days. This chapter and the next chapter are pretty simple, fluffy and romantic, but every story should end on some kind of good note. The main point of this chapter was to reveal what the past year has been like for everyone, the birth of little Krislyn, and the start of Clark and Lois’ wedding day. I always knew this story would end with their wedding. This story started out with sadness and it will end with happiness.

I hope you enjoyed chapter fifty-four!!!

Comment

• Yay! Can't wait for the final scene of the Clois HEA.

Comment

• Epilogue

Song used in this chapter: ‘From this moment’ by Shania Twain and Brian White

Clark and Kaleb were slowly walking side by side down a small, beautiful pathway not too far away from the picturesque green field, the same field that they had watched a wedding happen all those years ago, where every single person he loved and cared about were preparing for their wedding day.

It was finally happening.

They were finally getting married.

Over the past year, they had been planning this day with the help of their loved ones, and now it was finally happening. In all honesty, he was feeling extremely nervous about this, but not because he was going to be marrying the love of his life. He was mainly nervous because ever since they reunited in Smallville all of those years ago he knew that he wanted to marry her—that he wanted to have children with her—that he wanted to build a future with her, and now all his hopes and dreams were becoming a reality.

Kaleb glanced up at his dad, who seemed to be completely lost in thought, and wondered what was going through that head of his. For months, he had waited for this day, and even though he was feeling super excited about witnessing his parents getting married he couldn’t help wondering how this was affecting them both.

“Are you nervous?”

Clark glanced down at his little boy with a soft smile. “No, I’m not nervous about marrying your mom.”

He quirked his brows. “Are you sure because you look nervous.”

“I’m not nervous, Kal, I’m more excited than anything else, but I can tell you that I never expected us to finally become husband and wife in the place we watched a wedding take place.”

Of course, his parents had told him a little bit about the time they had spent in this small town, but he had never head that particular story before, and he had heard lots and lots over the past year. “What do you mean you watched a wedding happen here?”

Clark grinned down at his son before spotting a familiar white bench, which overlooked the beautiful field where all his loved ones were scattered about preparing for their special day, and sat down with him. “I’ve already told you how I met your mother, but we were friends long before we were together. One day she had this brilliant idea that we come to this very hotel. We sat on this same exact bench and watched a wedding take place. It was the first time we talked about marriage.”

Kaleb tilted his head to one side, inquisitively. “Was that the first time you thought about marrying her?”

He chuckled, loudly at his words. “That was the furthest thing from my mind. I was only sixteen at the time, and we were both dealing with some things that we weren’t comfortable telling each other about at the time. We just talked about our views on the subject. It wasn’t until she moved to Smallville that I started thinking along those lines.”

“And then she had me.”

“Yes, she did.”

“Do you think you would have married her if you didn’t have to leave for your training?”

He frowned, slightly at his son. “Why are you asking so many questions about this?”

A heavy sigh escaped from him. “I’m just curious…do you think grandpa Jor-El will make me do training too?”

Now it was all starting to make sense, he thought to himself, this had nothing to do with the fact that his parents were getting married it had everything to do with his many questions about his future.

Over the past few months, he had become even more curious about his heritage, what abilities he would develop and what he wanted to do in this world…save people.

One day instead of attempting to explain everything to him he had taken him to the Fortress, where Jor-El met his grandson for the first time. He had explained everything about his heritage to him, also informing him that since he was only half Kryptonian he probably wouldn’t develop anymore abilities.

It had upset him, slightly, but it didn’t change a single thing for him. He wanted to help his dad, aunt and uncles when he was old enough, and hopefully one day he would become a member of The Justice League.

“We’ve talked about this before, Kaleb, you will never have to go through the same training as I went through, but when your old enough I’ll help you understand your abilities and your responsibilities a little better.”

A heavy sigh escaped past his lips, as his shoulders slumped, slightly, and a pout etched onto his features. “But I want to learn now. I want help people like you, Aunt Kara, Uncle Bruce and Uncle Ollie.”

“You will, son, but your too young to be worrying about things like that—”

“I’m nine years old…”

“Exactly. I didn’t start helping people until I was fourteen. I promise you’ll be able to help more, but right now you just need to focus on being a kid.”

“But—”

“But nothing. The only thing you need to worry about is helping me get through this day without falling into a million pieces when I see your beautiful mom.”

A wide grin spread out across his face. “I knew you were nervous.”

“Shut it, brat!”

Kara, who had overheard the last part of their conversation, laughed, loudly at their little argument, causing both of them to turn around towards her with the same exact facial expression. “How did I know that you’d be getting advice about your nerves from your son of all people.”

“I’m not nervous.”

Kara and Kaleb grinned, victoriously at each other before simultaneously saying, “Yeah right.”

He rolled his eyes at both of them, as he stood up, and straightened out his tuxedo. “Are you two done or are you just going to torture me all day long?”

She clapped her hands together, excitedly. “Well, your torture is almost over little cousin because that beautiful bride of yours is almost ready.” She glanced down at her nephew. “I think she’s waiting for you, mister.”

Kaleb grinned from ear to ear at the mere thought of his parents finally getting married before he rushed away from them and towards his mom.

Ten minutes later, Kaleb walked into the room, where his mom was walking around with his little sister wrapped up in her arms, and couldn’t believe his little eyes at the sight of her.

She looked absolutely beautiful.

“Wow.”

Lois quickly turned around at the sound of her son’ voice, and grinned from ear to ear at the expression on his face. It reminded her so much of the man she was minutes away from marrying. “I’ll take that look on your face as a good thing.”

“You look beautiful, mom.”

“Well, thank you.” She slowly placed a babbling Krislyn back in her crib before she glanced back over at him. “I’m sure your dad looks as handsome as ever.”

He grinned at her. “I’m not saying a word. You’ll just have to wait until you see him, but he is a little nervous, of course he denies it.”

“I’m not surprised.”

Sam walked into the room, and leaned against the door frame, as he listened to his daughter and grandson have a conversation about something he was all too familiar with. “A man never reveals his nerves on the day of his wedding, especially to the woman he’s marrying.”

She glanced over at him with an annoyed expression. “Let me guess, you were as stoic as ever the day you married mom.”

He grinned, widely at her. “On the outside maybe, but on the inside, I was a nervous wreck.”

Kaleb frowned at them. “Why were you so nervous? Why are you and dad so nervous? This is what you want, right?”

“Of course, this is what we want, Kal.”

Sam chuckled, softly at his grandson before kneeling down in front of him. “You’ll understand when you find that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.”

His nose scrunched up in complete and utter disgust. “Eww! Girls are gross!”

Lois rose her brows at him. “Is that what you think about us?”

His eyes widened, slightly from the implication behind her words. “Not you and Krissy. You’re the only special ones.”

“Glad you think were the special ones.”

Lois glanced at her father, sharing a secretive smile with him, both of them knowing that in a few years all of that would change. He might be disgusted by them right now, but one day he would see them in a completely different way.

Sam took a few more steps towards his daughter. “You look just as beautiful as your mother, you know, when you were just a little girl she used to daydream about your wedding day.”

Tears filled her eyes. “She did?”

He nodded. “She always imagined that the man you married would be someone tall, dark and handsome. It turns out that she was right on the mark with that one.”

A soft chuckle escaped past her lips. “He is all those things, isn’t he?”

“And we shouldn’t keep him waiting any longer.”

She quickly slipped her arm through his, while Kaleb picked up his little sister, and they walked towards the man she couldn’t wait to call her husband.

Clark was standing at the white, wooden, flower covered altar, anxiously waiting for the moment he saw his beautiful fiancé walk down that aisle towards him—towards their future, as his mind thought about everything his friends had told him just a few minutes ago.

When he had finally made his way here after spending a lot of time overthinking everything that was going to be happening in less than ten minutes his friends had ambushed him, practically forcing him to reveal how nervous he really was feeling about all of this, and had shared their own personal stories about their feelings on their wedding days.

It helped a little bit, but honestly, the only thing that would stop his nerves was going to be his beautiful bride. He just knew that as soon as he saw her all of those nerves he was feeling would vanish in the blink of an eye.

She was all he needed to get through this.

“Nerves eating you alive?”

He glanced over towards his father, who was walking towards him with a knowing smile plastered across his face, and shook his head from side to side. “I’m just anxious. I want to see her. I want to tell her how much I love her. I want to call her my wife.”

Jonathon grinned, widely at his son. “You will, Clark, you know, I was feeling this exact same way moments before your mother walked down that aisle.”

“You never really told me what your wedding day was like.”

He chuckled, softly. “It was nothing as unique as this one, but I was just as nervous as you are right now, and don’t try to convince me that your not because every man is nervous on their wedding day. I thought that my nerves would never go away. It was like I was going on my first date with her all over again, but the moment I saw her it all disappeared. I knew in that moment that everything was going to okay.”

“I’m not afraid of that. I’ve waited a very long time for this day.”

“You two have come a long way over the years. I remember the first time I met her I knew that you two loved each other very much, hell, I watched you mourn the loss of her for over one year before you two were finally reunited. I always knew that this was your future—your future with her, but things kept pulling you two apart. I’m glad that you two have finally overcame everything that tried tearing you apart.”

He smiled, softly at him. “Thanks dad.”

All of a sudden, soft music began playing around them, causing every single person to take their seats and turn towards the end of the aisle, where little Kaleb appeared holding his little sister, who was carelessly tossing the flowers around them with the help of her bigger brother.

Clark grinned liked a Cheshire cat at his two beautiful children, and knelt down in front of them when they reached him. “I see that little Krislyn got a little carried away with the flowers.”

Kaleb nodded. “That’s the whole point. It’s your wedding day. It’s supposed to be filled with flowers, love and happiness.”

“When did you become so wise?”

He smirked at him. “Mom.”

“I’ll get you for that one later.” He slowly stood up, and watched his mother drag them to their seats before he glanced towards the end of the aisle, waiting for the moment his beautiful and mesmerizing woman appeared.

Not even two minutes later, the soft music announcing her presence surrounded him, and he grinned from ear to ear when he watched her appear from the trees with her father directly beside her.

She looked absolutely beautiful.

It wasn’t the hair, makeup or even the dress she was wearing that was making his heart skip beats inside of his chest it was the jaw dropping smile she was giving him.

His father was right, he thought to himself, it only took one look at her to know that everything was going to be alright.

As Lois walked towards her man—towards her future with her father her nerves were literally eating her alive, but the moment her hazel eyes met his aquamarine ones everything disappeared from her except for the two of them. It reminded her of all the times this had happened. Whenever they were feeling down, nervous or scared they were each other’s rocks and it would always be like that between them.

It was finally happening.

She was finally marrying the love of her life.

As she moved closer and closer towards the man she loved with all of her heart, their eyes never left each other, their hearts beat in synchrony, and their mind melting smiles never left their faces.

When she was mere inches away from him, Sam placed her hand in his, and locked eyes with the young man, who literally meant everything to his oldest daughter. “Love her, protect her, and cherish everything you two share in this new life.”

“I will, sir.” As soon as everyone was seated, he pulled her a little closer to him, and squeezed both of her hands, his thumbs caressing her soft skin. “Are you ready for this?”

A large grin spread out across her face. “More than ready.”

Jonathon, who had become an officiant for this reason and this reason alone, glanced between the two lovebirds, and smiled at the pure happiness that was radiating off of them. “We are gathered here today to celebrate Clark and Lois, as they proclaim their love and commitment to each other.”

He paused momentarily before continuing, “Clark and Lois, the relationship you enter into today must be grounded in the strength of your love and the power of your faith in each other. It will take trust, to know in your hearts that you truly want what is best for one another and to learn and grow together. It will take faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds. If you both come freely, and understand the responsibility and work involved to make your relationship thrive, and are committed to not only each other but your family, please take each other by the hands and say, ‘we do’.”

They grinned, widely at each other, and simultaneously said, “We do.”

“I do believe that you both wrote your own vows.”

Clark nodded at his father before staring deeply into her hazel pools. “Lois Lane, you are the light of my life. You are the reason I keep breathing every single day. I can’t imagine a day without you a part of my life. When we met all of those years ago I was a broken person, but you healed me in more ways than you ever could imagine. I’ve become a better, stronger and livelier person because of you.

I’ve loved you from the very first moment I laid my eyes on you, and even though life has thrown some obstacles in our way we were always meant to end up here. I’ve never stopped loving you through it all. We might have been apart for quite some time, but it only made me love you even more. I promise that no matter what fate throws our way I will always love you.”

“Those words are kind of hard to compete with.”

Every single person chuckled, loudly at her humorous joke, and as soon as it became silent again she smiled at him with tears pooling in her eyes.

“Clark Kent, I know that I’m not that easiest person to love. I’m loud, I’m brash, I talk to too much, and I always say what’s on my mind no matter what it is, but for some reason all of those things seem to be your favorite parts of my personality or, so you’ve told me. It only proves that you are the only man for me.

You’ve always seen the best in me and you’ve always believed in me. Before we were even a couple I told you that I never pictured myself getting married or having a family, and even though you knew all of that you still loved me—you still wanted a future with me. You’ve always loved me, and I’ve always loved you.

Fate and destiny have tried to tear us apart many times over the years, but we made it here today because we were always meant to meet, fall in love, and have those two beautiful children of ours. You love has always lifted me up and it always will. My heart and soul belongs to you and to only you. I will love you for always and forever.”

Clark smiled, widely at her, and mouthed ‘I love you’ to her, which she happily mouthed back.

“Clark and Lois, prior to this moment you each walked a separate path. Now, you embark together on a shared path. Yet the journey is not yours alone, for you have already been blessed with beautiful children. It is the strength of your love that shall nourish you all together as a family.”

Jonathon couldn’t contain the smile spreading out across his face, but pushed down his own excitement and focused on their happiness instead. “And, so by the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Clark, you may kiss your bride.”

He didn’t even hesitate. He wrapped his arms around her body, his lips meeting hers in a sweet and passionate kiss, and as their love—their souls—their hearts mended together he dipped her, romantically, causing every single person surrounding them to laugh at the spectacle of his move.

When they pulled away from each other, she felt completely out of breath from his kiss, and blinked, rapidly, attempting to get her heart to calm back down. “You sure know how to sweep a girl off her feet.”

He rested his forehead against hers, and stared deeply into her eyes. “I love you Lois Joanne Lane-Kent.”

“And I love you Clark Jerome Kent.”

They turned towards their family and friends, who were clapping and shouting out their excitement before they connected their fingers together, and walked down the aisle, both of them feeling extremely happy to finally be married after all of these years.

A few hours later, every single person was gathered in the main ballroom of The Stanley Hotel, enjoying the presence of everyone surrounding them, and each of them were grateful that this day was finally happening.

For one long year each and every single one of them had helped plan every second of this day, and it was turning out ten times better than any of them could have imagined.

Chloe quickly pushed her way through the crowds, and made her way up to the main stage with a microphone in hand. “Hello, everyone, I know that we are all having an exceptionally great time this evening and I know that I already bored you all with my long maid of honor speech, but it is now time to commence the first dance between husband and wife.”

Clark and Lois, who were on opposite sides of the room talking to their friends and family, made their way towards each other with embarrassed smiles plastered across their faces, and met in the dead center of the dancefloor, as every single person they loved and cared about watched them.

I just swear
                  That I'll always be there
                  I give anything
                  And everything
                  And I will always care
                  Through weakness and strength
                  Happiness and sorrow
                  For better, for worse
                  I will love you
                  With every beat of my heart

They began swaying side to side, as the music echoed around them and the words melted into their hearts, and both of them felt like this really was the first step of their happy lives together.

It was their beginning.

From this moment life has begun
                  From this moment you are the one
                  Right beside you is where I belong
                  From this moment on

She leaned closer to him, and whispered in his ear, “I don’t see why everyone wants to see us dance. It’s not like they’ve never seen it before. Don’t you feel a little weird or uncomfortable having everyone staring at us?”

He chuckled softly in her ear, and whispered, “Well, then let’s put on our best show.”

He quickly twisted her away from him before pulling her back into his arms, their chests colliding together, tightly.

Her eyes widened, slightly. “Where did you learn that move from?”

“I might have taken a few lessons.”

She rolled her eyes at him, knowing exactly what that really meant. “You mean you forced your father and mother to teach you.”

“Just shut up and dance with me.”

From this moment, I have been blessed
                  I live only, for your happiness
                  And for your love, I give my last breath
                  From this moment on

They slowly wrapped their arms around each other, and swayed from side to side, the music ringing in their ears like a great symphony.

I give my hand to you with all my heart
                  I can't wait to live my life with you I can't wait to start
                  You and I will never be apart
                  My dreams came true because of you

As they swirled and twirled across the dancefloor with all of their loved ones watching them they felt nothing but complete and utter happiness.

From this moment, as long as I live
                  I will love you, I promise you this
                  There is nothing, I wouldn't give
                  From this moment on

Later that night, Clark and Lois were sitting in the back of a limousine their parents had revealed was the last of their many wedding presents they had received with their arms wrapped around each other, and neither of them could think of a time that they were more content than they felt right at this moment.

Lois glanced up at him. “So? Mr. Kent, where are you taking me?”

He looked down at her with a knowing expression lingering on his face. “If I told you it wouldn’t be much of a surprise, now would it?”

A heavy sigh escaped from her lips. “You know, we’re married now, so, there is no reason for you to keep surprising me.”

“In your dreams, Mrs. Lane-Kent, I will keep surprising you for the rest of our lives.”

Her eyes squinted, impatiently at him before she shook her head from side to side at him, knowing that that was one thing that would never change about him, and honestly it was one of his best qualities. “You’re lucky I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They moved their heads closer together, their lips meeting in a sweet, romantic kiss, as their bodies molded together, perfectly.

Today has literally been the best day of their lives, and even though they were heading off to some unknown location for their honeymoon they both knew without a doubt that this was just the beginning for them.

A little over eleven years ago one broken soul met a lost one in the most unbelievable and unexpected away, and they found solace in each other, their hearts connecting almost immediately.

Over the years fate and destiny tore them apart in more ways than one, but they always managed to find their way back to each other no matter what or who got in their way.

Their love was written in the stars.

Their love was meant to be.

Their love would last for lifetimes.

Their love was for always and forever.

And it all started with a summer in love…

THE END.

It took me almost one year to publish this story, and I’ve enjoyed every single second it took to share this with all of you. When I first decided to post my work online I never thought I would make it this far, but alas this story is officially complete 😊

I would like to thank everyone who stuck with me through this very long journey. It was sad. It was happy. It was exciting. Every single person that reviewed this story helped build my confidence in more ways than one. Even if you didn’t review I want to thank you 😊

Even though this story is over, I’ll be posting chapters more frequently to my new story, A Second Chance, and I’m pretty sure I’ll post more and more stories after that one. I hope everyone enjoyed this long winding journey as much as I enjoyed sharing it with all of you 😊

Comment

• Congratulations on completing a wonderful story. It was certainly quite a journey with quite a few twists and turns.

Comment

• Congratulations and many thanks. There were some seriously tense moments, drama, laughter, tears, mayhem, steam and a huge server crash🙄 along the way.But I'm very happy to have been along for the ride through your wonderful story. Thanks for sharing your talent, time and your hard work. I'm always a little sad when a good story ends, but grateful for having had the opportunity to enjoy it. The best part is knowing that there will be time to revisit and take the journey again😉 And again . . .
                      🎉

Comment

• It is good to see a new written story related to Smallville. You have a good imagination. Keep writing.

Comment

• I've been wanting to reply to everyone for a while now, but I've been so busy with working on my other story, school, work and family drama that I haven't gotten a chance. I want to personally thank Sykobee and Phoenixnz for reviewing this story as much as you did It took me weeks to gain the confidence to even post the prologue to this story, and that confidence only grew every time you reviewed, so I want to thank you

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed this story, even if it had some twists and turns along the way

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything on here, but I've been writing actual romance novels the past year, so I haven't really had time to focus on my Smallville stories. Now, with that being said, I'm in the process of rewriting this story and my Written In The Stars Clois series. This story will actually turn into three instead of just one, and I'll be changing lots and lots of stuff. Some things will remain the same, but a lot of things are changing too. Not sure when I'll get the first chapter posted, but I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Están lindo..por que tan poca visita ....tiene todo lo que pido.:jajaja:

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎