No announcement yet.

Castle Rock (Hulu)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle Rock (Hulu)

Has anyone else been watching this? It streams new episodes on Wednesdays on Hulu. The first 4 episodes are up now.

Bill Skarsgard--yes, Pennywise the Clown from IT--has been excellent in it, so far. As have many of the other cast members. And this last episode "The Box" had one amazing twist in it! I did not see that coming.

(for those who might not know, Castle Rock is an American psychological horror web television series based on characters and settings from the stories of Stephen King)

I saw the episodes that were released; that’s it for me and this series. It just didn’t catch my attention as much as the other Stephen King series’/adaptations.

Comment

Decided to give it a shot, then quit for a few days, half-way through the second episode. Then came back and finished episodes 2-3 and have just watched episode 4. Really struggling to get through it. Also struggled to remember the names of characters (never a good sign, when you're at the fourth episode). Pretty such, it's a show that takes a Stephen King setting and a few names/characters, along with an overkill of easter eggs to the works of Stephen King, but the actual product doesn't have much to do with Stephen King. The show is pretty much new writers trying to be Stephen King, while working on pretty much their own thing.

Comment

I struggled with it at first as well. And there are very uneven parts, for me, but Bill Skarsgard is a joy to watch in the role and the mystery of "The Kid"/"Nick" is one that is keeping me interested enough to find out the answers.

Also, this is to be an anthology series (like American Horror Story, they say) so next season we might have all new characters (though, I assume, still based in Castle Rock).

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          Also, this is to be an anthology series (like American Horror Story, they say) so next season we might have all new characters (though, I assume, still based in Castle Rock).
          Well, with the title being the name of a town, they probably can't have it be set elsewhere. If this is supposed to be an anthology series, it may have been better to go with Different Seasons for a title.

Comment

So, watched episode 5 last night. Without going into spoilers too much I have to say that it was a.) confusing (but in a good way!) and b.) had some very unexpected twists.

Also, um, wow, wasn't expecting that naked butt shot of Skarsgard. That kinda came out of nowhere.

Comment

https://tvline.com/2018/08/14/castle...season-2-hulu/

So the show has already been renewed for a 2nd Season. And the anthology thing has been confirmed, as well as staying in Castle Rock. Whether any of the current cast members will stay or no, not sure?

Comment

So, "Filter" was kinda boring and really confusing. A bunch of new information, new characters, etc.

We only have 4 more episodes, I think, to wrap this up (I believe show was slated for 10 eps per season).

I was grateful that Molly finally fessed up though.

Comment

So this past episode (the 7th)? Was confusing and a bit boring, IMO. I did enjoy watching Sissy Spacek get to act all those various emotions. But it was rather predictable, except for the stuff with "The Kid", honestly.

I read that Sissy was unsure about doing the show until she got to the script for episode 7. Then she was 'all in', according to her. I get that. It would be a meaty episode for any actor. But the focus being entirely on her means we still don't know what's going on with Henry. And I am really wanting more answers about 'The Kid' now.

BTW, interesting that Molly fessed up (after Ruth basically told her she knew) and the reaction.

Comment

So episode 8 left me more confused than ever! With 2 eps to go, the mystery seems to be getting deeper rather than becoming resolved?!

The reveal about Molly (won't spoil it here) had me going "wait, what?" the sidestory with the B&B couple felt rather unnecessary, to me. And Jackie Torrence has me wondering--she a good guy or bad guy?

Also, with Henry being around 2 suspicious deaths since returning home, what does that one lady cop (who was already pointing out the coincidence after one!) think?

Sidenote: honestly a bit upset at the kid, Henry's son. I mean, he wants his Dad to come away with him? What about the kid's Grandma? He wants Henry to just leave her after Pangborn and everything?

Good episode but I'm still so confused!

Comment

Well, we finally got answers! Answers that make me want to go back and watch the whole season over to see if I can spot the clues (or was that the plan?).

So "The Kid" is really Henry Deaver from an Alternate Reality, where he and his mom escaped his father. And the kid Henry from "our" timeline gets caught by his 'father' and that's who he escapes from?

So when "The Kid" was asked what his name was and said "Henry Matthew Deaver" he wasn't asking for a lawyer. He was really and truly naming himself.

Also, getting to see that AU world was fun. Always nice to see Dennis alive again.

I'm just wondering how this is all going to wrap up in the final episode this week.

Comment

Well, anyone else left utterly confused? I don't think I'm alone, based on fan reaction on line. It was building up nicely, I thought, then we have this weird image thing (so is "The Kid" a demon after all?). Then we skip to one year later? Where Henry Deaver seems to be not only cleared of all charges but practicing law in Castle Rock and living there? Wait, what?

Also, "The Kid" is back in the cage (meaning Henry now thinks AU!Henry is the devil, like the Warden did?).

Molly has, seemingly, escaped and Shawshank is empty. Except for "The Kid".

Jackie Torrance seems to be writing a novel and heading back to the Overlook hotel (which, if we go there--which producers seemed to be hinting at--how can the show still be called "Castle Rock"?).

I just...I know it's an anthology series but I felt like we got left with more questions than we got answers.

Comment

https://tvline.com/2019/03/20/castle...isery-prequel/

Details about Season 2 are now out. So we're going to get a young Annie Wilkes (from "Misery") and "Pop" Merrill (from several short stories set in Castle Rock). Pop is going to be played by Tim Robbins a.k.a. Andy Dufrense from "The Shawshank Redemption". Love the callbacks to previous players in the King universe.

But this makes me think that "The Kid" will not be playing a part in this season.

Comment

So, I never watched Season of the show---we had to drop Hulu.

And now it's over.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/03/castle...season-3-hulu/

Not exactly surprised, hardly anyone I knew watched it and I wasn't interested enough to watch season 2 even before we lost Hulu. Still, I'm sorry the story ends there (would love to know the background for 'the Kid').

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎