Season 6 spoiler thread

Jeff Ward (Deke) has been promoted to series regular.

We also have the title of the premiere: "Missing Pieces", which'll be directed by Clark Gregg.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I saw both pieces of news out of SDCC. While I am not fond of Deke, it still makes sense to bump him up to a regular, I guess?

I am thrilled Clark will be directing the premiere, however. Can't wait to see his 'style'.

It's already been renewed for a seventh season.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I saw the season 7 news and almost fell over. The last thing I was expecting was a renewal (though shouldn't be too surprised I guess. I read recently that SHIELD is actually pulling in more viewers than any of the Marvel Netflix shows.).

I didn't expect a S7 renewal. Even though I haven't been able to follow AoS so closely lately, I feel it improved the moment they stopped worrying about meshing with the MCU and focused more on its own characters, stories. The "shared universe" thing was always a one-way street that left AoS with the short end of the stick.

Marvel on Netflix gets a lot of social media buzz/hype -- some of it deserved, some of it not so much -- but AoS being on network TV would appear to add up to more eyeballs that follow Coulson, Daisy and friends than Matt, Jessica, Danny and Luke.

Marvel canning most of their Netflix shows is partly due to Disney wanting to launch their own service, but I suspect that part of it is also that they crunched the numbers and found that some of their Netflix shows aren't drawing the size or type of audience they had hoped (Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Defenders esp.)

AoS has a much broader PG-13 appeal, quality aside. Marvel looks to be doubling down on that.