Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pose (FX)

Was expecting something bad to happen, during their time at the beach house. It was a nice episode, where Blanca, Elektra, Angel and Lulu got to spend some time on the beach. Hopefully, the guy that Blanca met won't turn out to be a jerk in the end.

Was worried that they were going to kill off Blanca. Hopefully, they'll let her live. I keep finding myself on the edge of my seat, worried that she won't have long left. This was May, 1991. HAART won't be introduced for another five years.

I could see them go either way with Blanca. She either lives long enough to be put on it, or she'll die right before it's introduced (like how Paul Bäumer goes through all of WWI, then dies shortly before the end of it).

I imagine that there will be another time jump, between this episode and season 3. I just hope that they won't jump over the wedding between Papi and Angel. Of course, people can be engaged for years, before getting married.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 09-13-2020 at 06:34 AM.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...season-3-on-fx

Season three will be the final season and consist of seven episodes. The show will jump to 1994. Hopefully, the season will stretch into 1996 and Blanca gets put on HAART. I really hope that they won't end the show with Blanca dead.

Got mixed feelings on the show ending. On the one side, I'll be sad to see it go. On the other, if they have told the story that they wanted to tell, then it might be time to move on, rather than dragging it out. Make way for other stories to be told. After all, while this show has the highest ever trans cast, it's still limited in the scope of stories that it can tell. It's set in New York City and focuses on the ballroom culture (African American and Latin American), in the 1980s and 1990s. Don't think that they've had any transmen characters, nor Asian American or Native American (and so on) trans characters. (don't know if any of these three groups have any representation or presence in the ballroom scene). Even when it comes to African Americans and Latin Americans (within the LGBTQIA+ community), the ballroom scene doesn't cover all stories. Because not everyone within those two demographics is part of the ballroom scene. No non-binary or intersex characters. Being a period piece, it can't deal with the lives of transpeople in the 2020s.

It's based in New York City. So it's essentially restricted to that one geographical location. Can't delve into stories set elsewhere, unless the main characters goes there. However, most of them would probably be unable to afford a flight to Seattle or Houston or some other place. The main characters would also just be visiting, keeping everything in Seattle on a surface level, rather than diving deep into things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12