Supergirls

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirls

Prologue
    Laurel Steele had disappeared without a trace, after leaving her place of work on May 11th, 2010. Five days later, a missing person report fell on the desk of detective Maggie Sawyer of the Metropolis Police Department. Laurel Steele was a 5’11 tall, blond 25-year-old woman and a native to Cleveland, Ohio. She had recently moved to Metropolis and gotten a job at Edgar Allan Poe’s Book Store. On Tuesday the 11th, Steele had closed the store as usual, together with her employer, Edgar Doyle, then gone home. She never made it there. Her neighbors denied having seen her. Doyle was seemingly the last to see the young woman alive, but Sawyer ruled him out as a suspect of foul play. Doyle was 72-years old and confined to a wheelchair. Sawyer couldn’t picture an old man in a wheelchair being able to overpower a fit woman in her mid-20’s. Not to mention, Doyle had an alibi for the rest of the night.
    Sawyer considered the possibility that Steele had returned home to Cleveland and contacted the Cleveland Police Department, but that line of inquires hit a dead-end. Not only were there no signs of Laurel Steele in Cleveland, nobody seemed to have any idea of who she was. Granted, Cleveland has a population of over 300,000. But, even people, whom Steele’s records insisted that she had gone to school with, denied ever having heard of a girl by that name. Every computer record insisted that she had, but her supposed classmates denied it. One Cleveland officer looked at yearbooks but couldn’t find any picture or even references to Laurel Steele. Records claimed one thing, but people claimed another. Who were they going to believe? Was it possible nobody at Steel’s high school had noticed her? Sawyer had certainly heard about some kids being invisible, but this seemed to take things to a whole new level.
    Despite what all the records claimed, Laurel Steele didn’t seem to have existed before showing up in Metropolis and getting a job at Edgar Allan Poe’s Book Store. This led Sawyer down a new line of inquires. Steele was a woman, whom the people of Cleveland insisted didn’t exist, but records and people in Metropolis said that she did. The only answer to this paradox that Sawyer could come up with was that the woman known as “Laurel Steele” was in the Federal Witness Protection Program. To Sawyer it was then possible that Steele had been spotted by someone, who had identified her. Meaning she had either been moved or whomever she was in hiding from had killed her. Sawyer attempted to get confirmation from the United States Marshals Service, but they denied any knowledge of Laurel Steele. If Steele really was in Witness Protection, Sawyer figured that she was so important that the U.S. Marshalls couldn’t even cooperate with local law enforcement.
    Sawyer had intended to continue with her investigation, but after a few months, her superiors advised her to drop the case. There were other and more pressing cases, that needed her attention. They couldn’t devote more resources to the Laurel Steele missing person case. There was no evidence of foul play. No body, no suspects, no new leads. The matter of Laurel Steele was doomed to remain an unsolved case.

Chapter 1
    Lois had burned the midnight oil at the Daily Planet. It was at times like this, that she deeply appreciated that she and Clark had moved to Metropolis and no longer dependent on the monorail to Smallville. Lois could barely hold her eyes open when she tried to get the key into the door and got into the apartment. She kicked off her heels but was too tired to change and fell asleep fully dressed. A few hours later, Lois was awakened by the sound of someone ringing on the door. Reluctantly, Lois got out of bed. Whoever it was at the door he or she wasn’t going to live for much longer. She pulled up the door and got the shock of a lifetime. Outside stood Kara with a black eye and her hand on her side, almost like she had broken ribs. What or whom on Earth could’ve done this to a Kryptonian?
    “Lois… help.” Kara exclaimed and collapsed in her arms. Lois dragged her in and put her on the couch. Within minutes, Kara’s black eye faded. “Thank heaven Kryptonians heal so fast.” Lois thought to herself, but she was concerned about what could’ve put Kara in such a state in the first place. She pulled a blanket over Kara and went to make herself some coffee. There was no chance that she was getting more sleep this night. Kara finally recovered around 8am and got back up. Her body had mostly healed itself, but she could still feel the pain. Whenever she wasn’t in the sun, her body ran on stored reserves, to fuel her abilities. When she and Lois got up on the roof of the apartment building, she could feel her body recharging itself and healing the last of her injuries.
    “So, care to tell me what happened?” Lois asked.
    “Where’s Clark?” Kara asked. “I need his help.”
    “He’s away. Along with the rest of the League. Some mission with your old friends, the Legion. Do you want me to call anyone else?”
    “No, I fear only another Kryptonian can help me.”
    “Yeah, I figured that, given how beaten up you were. So, what happened?”
    “As you know, since my return to this century, I’ve been living in Chicago. Well, last night I noticed what looked like a meteor hit miles outside of the city. When I went to investigate, I noticed that it wasn’t a meteor.”
    “What was it?”
    “Matrix-Prime…”
    “Okay, now you’re talking Greek to me.”
    “It’s a robot, that was created by Brainiac… Mind you, not the Brainiac you’ve met.”
    “There’s more than one?”
    “Yes, that’s why it’s important that I find Clark. I barely made it away alive, but I managed to damage it too. So, at least, I’ve bought us some time. Guess I’ll have to go for Conner…”
    “Yeah, he’s with the Legion also. In fact, all the Titans went with them.”
    “Then I guess we’re all out of hope. It’s not like we can contact the clones on New Krypton and there are no other Kryptonians on Earth.”
    “Actually…” Lois hesitated. “That’s not entirely accurate. There is another.”

Chapter 2
    James Bartholomew ‘Jimmy’ Olsen had only worked at the Daily Planet for a few months but had already gotten the hang of the place. Some of the other older guys, who had known his brother, had been awkward around the 19-year-old. Insisting on calling him ‘Olsen’, rather than ‘Jimmy’. If only Henry hadn’t hated being called ‘Hank’ so much. Naturally, him being ‘a legacy’ had set Olsen apart from the new kids at the paper. Lois Lane and Clark Kent had taken him under their wings, less than a week after him starting there. Olsen couldn’t help but feel, as he walked around the basement bullpen, that he hadn’t earned the attention he had been given. He wasn’t given the attention from the reporters on the higher floors, out of merit, but because he was the brother of the paper’s legendary photographer. The man who snapped the first image of the Blur, later known as Superman. What had Olsen done to prove himself? Meg Tempest and Percy Bratten had started the same week as him but were certainly not given the same treatment as him. Taking the elevator up to the eight floor, he felt like a con artist, a fake.
    When he passed the office of Lane and Kent, Olsen came across Lane and a young brunette woman inside.
    “Olsen,” Lois proclaimed, “do you have the photos of that banquet?”
    “I sent it to your computer.” Olsen replied and looked over at the other woman.
    “Oh, this is Clark’s cousin, Ka…”
    “Linda Danvers.” Kara interrupted and waved to Olsen, smiling.
    “Olsen, if there’s nothing else, we’re a bit busy, I’m afraid.” Lois proclaimed to get rid of him.
    “Of course.” Olsen replied and left the room, shutting the door behind him.
    “Sorry about that.” Lois told Kara. “Olsen can be a handful at times. He keeps asking me for Lucy’s phone number.”
    “Isn’t your sister a little old for him?”
    “She’s only four years younger than me! And when did you change your name?” Lois protested.
    “About a week after I came back. Figured I needed a new one. ‘Kara Kent’ disappeared and reappeared too many times for a reasonable explanation. Can you find the address of this other Kryptonian? We don’t have time to stand around here. Still can’t believe you and Clark didn’t tell me.”
    “Well, we only found out about her a few weeks ago. Thought all the clones had been sent to New Krypton. We weren’t sure what to do, when Clark found her. We’ve had some bad experiences, after all.”
    “Yeah, hopefully, this one will help us.”
    Lois finally found Clark’s address book, on his computer and began looking for the woman in question. Finally, she made it to the letter ‘X’. There was one address in Brooklyn, but no name. She was sure that this was the right one. Either that, or she and Clark would have to have a little talk when he came back.

Chapter 3
    Kara flew herself and Lois to Brooklyn within a few minutes and found themselves in front of an apartment building. They ran the bell for apartment 203, but no one answered. Kara nearly flew up to the apartment, but Lois managed to keep her grounded. No need to draw unwanted attention to themselves. As they stood outside of the building, they saw two young women walking up the stairs to the building. One redhead, in her mid-20’s. The other an African American around the same age. Both looking like models.
    “Can we help you?” The redhead asked.
    “Yes, we’re from the Daily Planet. Do you live here?” Lois asked and held up her press pass.
    “Yes,” The redhead replied, “we do. I’m Liz Joyce. This is Carrie Phillips. Are you looking for someone?”
    “Yes, the woman who lives in apartment 203.” Kara proclaimed.
    “You mean Karen?” Carrie asked.
    “Possibly… Do you know where we can find her?” Lois asked in return.
    “At this time of the day, she’s probably at her office in Manhattan.” Carried replied.
    “And where is her office?” Lois asked.
    “Ever heard of Starrware Industries?” Liz replied sarcastically.
    “Yes,” Lois replied, “does Karen work there?”
    “Work?!” Carrie proclaimed. “She owns it. Struck it rich a few years back, with some software program or something.”
    Last edited by jon-el87; 07-02-2018, 04:56 AM.

Chapter 4
    Getting into Fort Knox struck Lois as probably easier than getting past the assistant of Karen Starr in the Starrware Industries skyscraper. Despite all her pleas, the assistant, one Simon Peters, refused to let her and Kara in without an appointment. She had even tried flirting with him, failing to notice the photo on his desk of Peters with his arm around another man.
    “Look,” Lois proclaimed, “it’s important that we get to speak with Karen Starr.”
    “For the last time, not without an appointment.” Simon Peters replied and signaled her and Kara to have a seat. Despite all of Kara’s impulses, she decided against storming into the office of whatever her name was. She couldn’t remember what the human name this Kryptonian had given herself. After a few minutes, Kara did have an idea and turned to Lois.
    “You wouldn’t happen to know what her real name is?” Kara asked.
    “Sure. Clark said she was named Kara Van-L” Lois replied, as she saw Kara freeze up at the mention of that name. “It can’t be”, Kara told herself, before she grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the name in Kryptonian.
    “Wish me luck.” Kara told Lois, as she jumped up from the couch, past Simon Peters and into Karen Starr’s office, where Starr was in the middle of a meeting. Behind her, she could hear Peters call for security. She threw the paper on the desk in front of the redheaded Karen Starr, who became surprised by what had been written on it. Security rushed into the office and grabbed Kara.
    “No, wait,” Karen Starr proclaimed as the pushed Kara’s note under some other papers, “I know who this woman is. You can let her go.” The guards let Kara free, while Lois walked into the office. A quick glance between Kara and Karen informed her that Lois was with her. Karen turned to the elderly thin man with gray hair, who was sitting opposite her.
    “Excuse me, Harlan. I have to take this.” Karen told him.
    “Of course, we can finish this later.” Harlan replied and left the room together with the security guards and Simon Peters, who closed the door behind him. Leaving Karen alone with Lois and Kara.
    “Okay, spill it.” Karen said in an annoyed tone, as she cleaned her glasses. “Who are you two?”
    “I’m Kara Zor-El. This is Lois Lane.”
    “Of the Daily Planet?” Karen asked.
    “The one and only.” Lois proudly proclaimed. “We need your help.”
    “Sounds serious.” Karen noted amusingly.
    “Ever heard of Matrix-Prime?” Kara asked.
    “Not really.” Karen replied.
    “Well, as you might be aware. Little over a century ago, the work of a scientist named Dax-Ur led to the creation of the Brain Interactive Construct.”
    “Yes, Brainiac. Conquered Colu, if I’m not mistaken…”
    “They had a revolution a few years back. No one knows what happened to Brainiac.” Kara remarked. “But, it hadn’t been content at just ruling one world. It regarded life on other planets a threat to its existence, so it constructed robots like Matrix-Prime to attack and wipe out the population of other planets.”
    “And now it’s here, on Earth.” Lois interjected.
    “How could I help you with that?” Karen asked.
    “Well, you’re a Kryptonian.” Lois pointed out.
    “I see…” Karen replied amusingly and held up her glasses. “Why do you think I wear these? In fact, why do you think I’m still on Earth? I don’t have any powers. Three years ago, I was living as Laurel Steele in Metropolis. I was walking home one night, when one of Zod’s people tried to recruit me to Zod’s invasion force, but I turned them down.”
    “Then how are you still alive?” Lois asked.
    “I turned him down hard… with a meteor rock. After that, I emptied my bank account and went underground and created a new identity for myself. Used a laptop, that I had carried with me, to create some computer programs, that I sold to tech companies. Since then I’ve devoted all my time, towards building this company. Not that any of that matters, there is no way to restore my natural Kryptonian abilities.”
    “Yes, there is.” Lois proclaimed. “If you’re exposed to some of Kara’s blood, the cells in your body will align themselves to hers. Do you still have a meteor rock, so we can get some blood?”
    “In my purse but doesn’t matter. What you need is a hero, which I’m not. I’m not even the real Kara Van-L. The real one lived a whole other life on Krypton.”
    “You say you’re not a hero, but I’m proof of the opposite…” Kara protested. “You think it’s just a coincidence that we have the same name? I was named after you. As was a lot of other girls.”
    “What are you talking about?” Karen responded.
    “A few months after the bombing of Kandor, Kara Van-L gave her life to stop a terrorist attack in Xan City. She saved thousands of lives. Among Kryptonians, you were one of the greatest heroes, who had ever lived.” Kara placed her hand on Karen’s shoulder. “You were my hero growing up.”
    Karen Starr hesitated as she looked at the hopeful faces of both Kara and Lois. She stepped back and went over to her desk and sat down. After a few more minutes of hesitation, Karen summoned her assistant.
    “Simon?!” Karen called.
    “Yes, miss Starr?” Simon replied, as he entered her office.
    “Clear my schedule for the rest of the day.”

Chapter 5
    A few hours earlier, the DEO had dispatched a team to examine the mysterious meteor, that hit in Michigan, but they couldn’t find any meteor. The team began searching the area for hours, until they came to the shore of Lake Michigan, where they soon saw a ten feet tall humanoid robot emerge from the water. The agents pulled out their guns, just to be on the safe side, but as the robot turned its head and looked at them, its eyes began to light up. One agent began to open fire, but the bullets just bounced off the metallic giant. Its eyes suddenly expelled a beam of energy, that disintegrated all the agents in seconds. Matrix-Prime understood that these creatures were no threat to it. But, it knew one being who was. One being that it had to destroy. Knowing that it had exposed her to radiation, Matrix-Prime activated its sensors to track the traces of radiation and began flying towards Metropolis.

Chapter 6
    Rather than doing it at her office, Karen and the others had decided to head back to her apartment in Brooklyn, where they could get some privacy. Entering the living room, Karen took off her coat and placed her purse on the see-through living room table, before sitting down on her couch. An exact replica of the couch that Coco Chanel had in her studio. Well, if Karen was to believe what had been said on Frasier. She had never bothered to double check that claim.
    “Okay,” said Karen nervously, “How do we do this? Do you have a needle or something?”
    “Let’s wait a minute, with that. We should probably get you some different clothes, first. Unless you want to fight an alien robot in that Dolce & Gabbana dress.” Lois remarked.
    “I don’t know if you can find something in my walk-in closet. It’s through that door over there. Oh, and for the record, this is a Stella McCartney.” Karen protested as she pointed Lois in the direction of her closet. Lois was off and jumped into Karen’s closet. A lot of designer clothes and shoes, but also more relaxed clothes like jeans and T-shirts. Karen may be able to afford designer clothes, might even be rich enough to use a designer dress to blow her nose in and then throw it away like a used tissue, but she clearly preferred a more relaxed look. After a few minutes, Lois emerged from the closet with her hands full of clothes and a pair of white boots, that she placed on the table.
    “Okay, we should probably get started.” Lois remarked nervously, as she signaled Kara to sit down on the couch. Lois then retrieved a knife and bowl from the kitchen and the green Kryptonite from Karen’s purse, placing it next to Kara. Lois was extremely nervous. She wished they could’ve gone to the Fortress and used it to give Karen powers, like the Fortress had done with her. Unfortunately, the controls in the Fortress could only be operated by Clark – They really needed to fix that. This was clearly putting Kara in pain and Lois knew that her blood was practically boiling on the inside, from the Kryptonite. She had to get this done quickly.
    She cut Kara in the palm of her hand and let the blood run down into the bowl. Thankfully, they didn’t need much. Clark had done it with Zod, with mere drops. Though, it still felt like an eternity, before Lois was reassured that she could throw the Kryptonite to the other side of the room. Allowing Kara’s hand to heal itself. Lois wished that they had just fetched some blue Kryptonite, allowing them to do this, without inflicting pain on Kara. But, they didn’t keep blue K lying around.
    Now all she had to do, was expose Karen to Kara’s blood, but she was unsure about just cutting Karen’s hand and dropping the blood on it. If it didn’t work, they’d have to extract some more from Kara. Subjecting her to more pain. Instead Lois turned to Kara and asked her to fetch a needle from a hospital. A task Kara completed, before Lois could even finish the sentence. Lois inserted the blood into the needle and asked Karen to pull up her sleeve, then she stuck Karen with the needle. At first, nothing appeared to happen, then suddenly Karen’s body began to experience a seizure, as every cell in her body was being re-written. After nearly a minute, Karen’s body stopped shaking. Karen got back up on her feet and as she tried to walk a few steps, she suddenly super sped into the kitchen, but was stopped by Kara, before she went through a wall.
    “Relax, it’s gonna take some time getting used to it. And you won’t need these anymore.” Kara told her, as she took off Karen’s glasses.
    “Okay, so we should probably get you dressed. Heaven knows how much time we’ve still got.” Lois proclaimed, as she picked up the clothes that she had picked for Karen.
    “Wait…” remarked Karen, as she went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. A few minutes, she came back, only now her hair was blond.
    “How?” Lois asked.
    “You don’t think this is a wig, right?” Kara responded amused and pointed at her brown hair. “Given all of our advanced technology, don’t you think we figured out an easier way to die hair?” Kara pulled a metallic comb out of her own purse and began running it through her hair. As she ran it through her hair, the hair began to change back to its natural color.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 07-01-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Chapter 7
      Olsen had been asking for a chance to prove himself. Prove himself as a photographer, not just the little brother of Henry James Olsen. Now he appeared to have his chance. A few minutes earlier, a flying ten feet robot had arrived in Metropolis and begun wrecking the town. The radiation trail had led Matrix-Prime to Metropolis, but during her stay in Metropolis, Kara’s healing ability had removed the left-over radiation. Matrix-Prime could no longer track her. It threw around cars, vaporizing people in the streets with energy blasts. Olsen had rushed up to the roof of the Daily Planet building, to get some pictures. He was leaning against the edge, when suddenly the robot looked directly at him and tried to blast him with an optical beam of energy. Olsen had managed to duck it, right off the edge of the building and found himself falling close to 40 stories towards to ground. Suddenly, he noticed two blurry figures moving towards him at fantastic speed: one red and blue. The other white. Suddenly he found himself back on the roof, still clutching his camera. Out of pure instinct, he raised his camera to photograph the two women standing before him: Supergirl and another blond woman in a white leotard with white boots and a wide red belt. He just had enough time to photograph them before they were both off.

Chapter 8
      Their priority was to get Matrix-Prime out of the city and away from the public, so Kara and Karen both tackled Matrix-Prime, at the same time, sending all three flying out of the city and into the Missouri River. Kara and Karen quickly got out of the water and flew away from the city, hoping that Matrix-Prime would follow them. They were correct. Matrix-Prime flew itself out of the river at top speed and tried to intercept them. Blasting optical beams, which had taken out Kara the first time, against both, but both managed to duck the beams. The chase continued all over the state, until Kara and Karen headed into space. Matrix-Prime followed them, but it was a trap. A Kryptonian is only as strong as the amount of solar energy, that they have in their cells at the time. It had fought Kara at night, when she was running on reserves. Now it was going to go up against two Kryptonians, in direct exposure of the sun. As they were closing Venus, Kara and Karen suddenly turned and flew towards Matrix-Prime. It tried to blast them but missed. At super speed, both women began to hit Matrix-Prime with their whole bodies. Throwing it around like a ragdoll, but they both knew that it wasn’t going to be enough. As the robot was disoriented, they grabbed its right leg and began to spin the robot around in circles. They had to time this perfectly. The slightest error and Matrix-Prime would be able to save itself. They finally let go off Matrix-Prime, sending it hurtling towards the sun at virtually the speed of light. Matrix-Prime was built out of a strong material, but as its body entered the sun, even it couldn’t withstand the heat and it began to melt, before exploding.

Chapter 9
      In the afternoon, Olsen was proudly printing his photos of both the robot and his saviors: Supergirl and whoever that other woman was. “Supergirl II?” Olsen thought to himself. Much to his surprise, both Bratten and Tempest approached him and congratulated him on a good job. Perhaps he was finally starting to earn the respect of his peers. He wasn’t simply the younger brother of Henry James Olsen, he was Jimmy Olsen from now on. For the first time, he could hold his head up high, when he took the elevator up to floor eight. He had earned his place at the Daily Planet. He walked into the office of Lois & Clark and placed the photos on her desk, before Lois picked up the one of the two women.
      “I didn’t have a chance to ask the name of the woman in white.” Olsen remarked.
      “Power Girl…” Lois replied.
      “Excuse me?”
      “Figured it would work as a name…”
      “Why not Superwoman?”
      “Where’s your evidence that she’s connected to the Man of Steel? Sides, I’ve dying to give that name to someone for years.”
      “Of course. Is there anything else?”
      “Not at all, Olsen.”
      Olsen began walking towards the door, but stopped at the last second, turned around and asked: “By the way, can you get me Linda’s phone number?”
      “Lind…? Oh, Clark’s cousin. Sorry, I’m afraid she’d already seeing some musician in Chicago. Think his name’s Phil Decker or something.”
      “Then how about Lucy?”
      “Trust me Olsen, it’s you I’m trying to protect here.” Lois laughed, as Olsen left the office and closed the door behind him. Lois turned to her computer and began writing her article about the day’s incident. As she was typing, she realized that she should probably contact Oliver’s ‘tailor’, just in case.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 09-26-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Chapter 10
        Two weeks later, life appeared to have returned to normal for Lake Shore University student Linda Danvers. Upon finishing her classes for the day, she headed home to her apartment in Rogers Park. As she was entering the building, she passed Johnny Ostrander, her neighbor and an archeology student at the university. Ostrander was a couple of years younger than her. A good looking tall guy with long black hair and of Native American descent.
        “Hey, Linda,” He greeted her, “there was some woman here asking after you. Didn’t catch her name.”
        “What did she look like?” Kara replied.
        “Red hair, glasses… and big…”
        “Okay,” Kara interrupted, “I know who you’re talking about. That’s my sister.”
        “Didn’t know you had one.”
        “Well, half-sister, if you wanna get technical. We don’t see each other much.”
        “I see. Well, I gotta to run to a class. Good day.”
        Ostrander headed over to his car and drove off. Kara headed in, past Mrs. Ida Berkowitz, their landlady and up to her apartment. Upon entering, she opened one of the windows and went over to her check her cat’s litterbox, when she suddenly heard a rush of wind behind her. Karen had flown in through the open window at super speed and was now sitting on Kara’s couch, petting Kara’s cat, Streaky.
        “Sorry to just show up uninvited like this.” Karen told her.
        “Not at all. Though, for the record, I’ve introduced you as my half-sister to my neighbors. Just so we keep our stories straight if you visit again.” Kara replied.
        “Half-sister?”
        “Well, I figured I needed a way to explain you. Besides, thanks to my little blood donation, part of your DNA has been restructured to match mine. Any DNA test would probably come back as us being siblings.”
        “That’s true. Funny, I always wanted a sister growing up.” Karen remarked and walked over to Kara. “A bit strange to sort-of suddenly have one now.”
        “Same here. So, how’s it been in New York? Heard there’s apparently been reports of a mysterious blond woman, who’ve apprehended criminals and saved several lives.” Kara remarked and smiled.
        “You don’t say…” Karen smiled back at her. Afterwards, the two new sisters headed out to a nearby café and had some coffee together. Spending the rest of the afternoon together, getting to know each other better. Both being Kryptonian women, they found that they were able to connect differently than they did with their human friends. Suddenly, both had a female friend, with whom they could recollect about Krypton.

Chapter 11
        Karen didn’t return home to Brooklyn until nearly 8pm. Thankfully, for her now, the trip between Chicago and Brooklyn only took two minutes, if you round up. As she was heading up the stairs to her apartment, she could hear Liz Joyce call from behind her.
        “Hey, Karen. Wait!” She yelled as Karen stopped walking and turned around. “A package came for you today. Hope you don’t mind, that I signed for it.” Liz headed back into her apartment and fetched a box, that she handed Karen. “Thank you.” Karen remarked and went up to her apartment. She closed the door and placed the package on the table in the living room. She opened the box and saw something wrapped in paper. Inside there was also a card from Lois, who apologized if she had been presumptive. But, she had a gut feeling that Karen might need what she had sent her. Karen put the card down and pulled up a white, red and blue suit, with a red cape and one detail that she found odd, so she went back to the card. The card from Lois also contained another apology. As Lois didn’t know the crest of her house, she had to instruct her manufacturer to leave an open spot, where they could add a crest later. Naturally, Karen being from an offshoot of the House of El, her crest was the same as Kal-El’s and Kara’s, but Karen didn’t mind the absence of the crest. The whole world knew that crest as Superman’s symbol. By wearing it, she’d be considered his second. Considered his carbon-copy. By not wearing it, she could be her own person. Karen put down the suit on the table and went over to one of the windows. Looking over the city, she suddenly heard something with her super hearing. A car accident on the Brooklyn Bridge. Without hesitating, she turned around, pulled off her dress and took on the suit that Lois sent her. This looked like a job for Power Girl!

Epilogue
        Maggie Sawyer had several reasons to be in a good mood. Her daughter Jamie had recently won the school spelling bee, despite the girl’s original fears about talking in front of the whole school. Maggie had also managed to convince a woman to go on a date with her. Something that only happened once per year, at best. But, the thing that made her happy the most was that she finally thought that she could put the Laurel Steele missing person case behind her, after three years. She had just picked up the Daily Planet one day and there was a picture of Steele on the front page - at least she was 90% sure that this ‘Power Girl’ was Steele. She would never inform anyone else on the force. The Laurel Steele case was cold and closed, nobody cared about it anymore, but it sure gave Maggie Sawyer a piece of mind, knowing that the girl was alive and safe. Finally, she could put it out of her mind and rest.
        The End

Carrie Phillips first appeared in Power Girl #1 (1988) and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Rick Hoberg.
        Harlan Brooks first appeared in Power Girl #1 (1988) and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Rick Hoberg.
        Ida Berkowitz first appeared in Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1 and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Carmine Infantino.
        Jimmy Olsen first appeared in Action Comics #6 and was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
        Johnny Ostrander first appeared in Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1 and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Carmine Infantino.
        Liz Joyce first appeared in Power Girl #1 (1988) and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Rick Hoberg.
        Lois Lane first appeared in Action Comics #1 and was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
        Maggie Sawyer first appeared in Superman #4 (1987) and was created by John Byrne.
        Matrix-Prime first appeared in Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #6 and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Carmine Infantino.
        Meg Tempest first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #149 and was created by John Albano and Jose Delbo.
        Percy Bratten first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #151 and was created by John Albano and Jose Delbo.
        Phil Decker first appeared in Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #8 and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Carmine Infantino.
        Power Girl first appeared in All-Star Comics #58 and was created by Gerry Conway, Ric Estrada and Wally Wood.
        Simon Peters first appeared in Power Girl #1 (2009) and was created by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner.
        Streaky first appeared in Action Comics #261 and was created by Otto Binder and Jim Mooney.
        Supergirl first appeared in Action Comics #252 and was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino.

Comment

Enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the story.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎