No announcement yet.

Cloak and Dagger #1.5 "Princeton Offense"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloak and Dagger #1.5 "Princeton Offense"

What did you think about "Princeton Offense"?

The Roxxon mystery is ramping up and both Tandy and Ty are slowly getting used to their powers. And Det. O'Reilly found an, uh, interesting way to gain that crooked cop's confidence.

Edit: I botched the poll.
    Below sea level, like those poor Roxxon workers
    0%
    Great! Nothin' but net at the buzzer!
    0%

Still enjoying it so far. The slowburning plot is so great... you almost never see that in any shows nowadays. I think the other TV shows could be taking notes from Cloak and Dagger on how to do slowburn right.

Comment

I feel they are largely on point with their writing. They have me intrigued, yet I don't feel they are spoon feeding plot points to me like other shows. That is a good thing. A little patience does pay off, they're smart to draw the story out gradually.

It makes sense to me that they are slowly testing out their powers and, yes, making mistakes along the way. I also hear O'Reilly got an easter egg shoutout on Luke Cage too.

Comment

It makes sense in this case because they're just teenagers who hasn't gotten a clue about what's going on here... and it's not like they have a wise old mentor to show them the way.

And It's not like the other currently existing shows where there was already superheroes out there that they were aware of (at the time). In the marvel TV universe, the majority of them have superheroes who seem to only operate locally and doesn't run around in a flashy costume. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, etc.... none of them have costumes, or actually publicize their heroic exploits on TV for all to see. The only exception seems to be Agents of Shield, and Daredevil.
        So unlike the DC Universe TV shows those teenagers doesn't have anybody that they know of, that they could take a cue from.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎