Season 14 to only have 20 episodes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 14 to only have 20 episodes

https://tvline.com/2018/06/22/supern...es-20-shorter/

So, in the shortest season order since Season 3 (when the writers strike cut the season down to 16 eps), SPN will only have 20 episodes.

This is not, apparently, just Supernatural. Seems most CW shows were given slightly shorter seasons. Some speculate that it's because of the additional night of programming now?

Whether this means the season will end sooner or we'll get more breaks, there's been no word.

To be honest, 22-24 seasons have all over the board way too many filler episodes anyway. And that's not limited to Supernatural.

But then again, almost every episode of Jessica Jones's and Luke Cage's seasons feels like filler.

Comment

I hope the CW DC shows take notes and trims their episode count as well...13-16 is ideal for me, since it cuts down on the filler parts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
        I hope the CW DC shows take notes and trims their episode count as well
        I believe the CW DC shows did cut back. Not to that extent (back to about 21 episodes per season, I believe? Or 20? Nothing less than 18, I think) but a bit.

It does make me wonder, will we be getting more breaks or will the season be ending sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          I believe the CW DC shows did cut back. Not to that extent (back to about 21 episodes per season, I believe? Or 20? Nothing less than 18, I think) but a bit.

It does make me wonder, will we be getting more breaks or will the season be ending sooner?

Hopefully, it means that seasons will be ending sooner. I really don't want longer or more breaks now with the cuts, because it'll make it a even bigger drag out process than when they had the 22-23 episode seasons, lol.

Comment

Agreed. I'm okay with the season ending sooner. I'd rather have that than a 2 month break in the middle to the point where you kinda forget where you left off.

Comment

From Jensen himself (at Comic Con this weekend), via TV Line (Ausiello):
              As for the series’ shortened Season 14 episode count, Ackles explained that it had everything to do with his and his on-screen sibling’s quality of life. “Shaving a couple of episodes off gives us almost a extra month out of our year, which when you only get about a two-and-half-month hiatus, it goes really quickly.”

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎