0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I liked it on first viewing, but on a second viewing a few things bothers me now.

1) While they tackled the gun rights thing beautifully and very tactfully, the Lena/Jimmy scene where they were debating gun rights seemed a little odd. I mean, Jimmy was talking about keeping military-grade guns that could take down tanks out of civilian hands, not banning all guns like the regular handgun. Lena seemed to know this, and should had known that they were basically on the same side here... so it seemed odd that she'd suddenly get so defensive about being able to use a handgun or not. I guess the writers needed somebody to be the pro-gun person who echoes every line spoken by an NRA supporter, and they picked Lena. It seems odd because not once did Jimmy even say that ALL guns should be banned. He was focusing mainly on the anti-tank and anti-alien rifles out there... and a smart woman like Lena would've picked up on that.

2) The Reign thing. I honestly thought that the dark priestess had sabotaged the harn-el somehow. When it looked like Sam and Reign was going to spilt in two, I was like-- "oh, so that crystal is like black Kryptonite from Smallville!" So you can imagine my reaction when she simply became ghost-like and disappeared into thin air. "what."
    It just feels so anti-climactic to build up to this big "boss fight", only for things to just magically take care of itself like that. Of course, things aren't as easy as they first seem as evidenced by the previews of Reign coming back at the end of the EP. But still... it seems anti-climactic for this to happen in the middle before the big fight.

3) I liked Mon-el's scenes with Supergirl, until they decided to beat us over the head by having Kara point out how this looked and felt exactly like a dream she had. We could see and understand the visual call-back to the first ep of season 3, "Girl of steel" on our own just fine without help. I hate it when TV shows treats viewers like they're idiots who can't figure this out for ourselves.
    Again, when they do things like that it kinda feels like they're pushing the KaraMel ship down our throat instead of letting it stand on it's own naturally.
    But that's CW for you. First you like it, but then they do things that makes you hate it instead.

There was other things I did like, however.
    J'onn coming to terms with his father's M'yrnn's impending death. At the center of his anxiety is the ceremony called the Reach, where he will take on all of his father's Martian memories. Perhaps this will transform the J'onn J'onzz we know into the all-powerful Martian Manhunter of the comics, that would be a great storyline to follow next season.

And finally, Alex, now essentially alone after losing both Kara and Ruby in the same episode, appears to be taking some of her own advice and realizing its time for her to take care of Alex Danvers. In a significant moment not lost on many fans, she puts down and pushes away her glass of alcohol. Then she begins exploring ways to adopt on her computer.

Perhaps this was a case of trying to tie up too many storylines at one time in advance of the big season finale. Hopefully, many of these issues will be corrected before the big battle for Earth with the dark Priestesses of Krypton and Reign begins tomorrow.
    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 06-10-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎