No announcement yet.

Cloak & Dagger #1.1/#1.2 "First Light/Suicide Sprints"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloak & Dagger #1.1/#1.2 "First Light/Suicide Sprints"

Count down to the series premiere of Cloak & Dagger, talk about it live if anyone still actually does that, and then let this be the live thread!

Pics, interviews and more can be found here:

10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Four more days!

Comment

Tomorrow!

Comment

looking forward to it.

Comment

What did you think?

Comment

I was afraid that it would be nothing but CW-style teen angst. It was darker than what I had expected, which is actually a good thing. Smart move with the slow-burn storytelling, lets us get to know Tyrone and Tandy better. They have me intrigued for the moment.

Comment

I find it interesting that their roles were reversed compared to their original roles in the comics. But it really works for the TV show.

The comics version can be a little confusing with all the retconing that they often do. One day they're mutants, then they're not. Mutants again, until they decide that wouldn't work for a story arc, etc. Ditto with their troubled background story.

So It seems that they decided to trim back on some of the comic background stuff, and only keep to the basics. They're not gonna over-explain anything like they do in the comics, which is a smart move.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

I am enjoying the show so far. It is much more dark/serious/adult than I thought it was going to be based on the commercials for it.

Hopefully, New Warriors will happen at some point as well, especially if this one is a hit.

Comment

Quite enjoyed the episodes. Like the slow-burning storytelling (though, hopefully, the show won't be as slow-burning as Inhumans was). They take time to establish who these two are and the enviroment around them. Their origin and why they're going to have to go to such an extreme and can't just tell the police/let the police handle things. Which is something important to justify. Why they're going to have to take the law into their own hands. And it'll, no doubt, come across as organic. In these episodes, they didn't just discover their abilities and throw on a costume five minutes later (as that's like... what you're supposed to do). And I appreciate that.

Comment

I think the only thing I watch on tv nowadays is Marvel/DC shows so, I was hesitant to add another comic book series especially when it’s on a channel like Freeform which I typically don’t watch but, I DVR’d it and was pleasantly surprised.

The pacing is comparable to that of Marvel’s Runaways series on Hulu but, I thought that the first two episodes got to things at a slightly quicker pace.

The notion of their abilities is basic and probably best for a wider audience to understand. I’m interested in learning more about their abilities and the connection they have to each other.

I’ll keep it on the DVR for now.

Comment

I really like the chemistry between Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph in this. It took a while to get them on screen together, but once they do, it's magic.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎