Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krypton #1.10 "The Phantom Zone" (Season Finale)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton #1.10 "The Phantom Zone" (Season Finale)

Count down to tonight's Krypton season finale and talk about it LIVE as it airs, here!

Pics can be found here:

10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Damn, they blew the show and the mythos wide open in this episode! They must have known that they would get a second season, otherwise this ending was written by Zod fans.

It's no surprise that at the end of the day Zod is standing tall here. Managing to outwit his mother and father wasn't going to be that difficult for someone like him. Traditionally it's only Jor-El and Superman who have been able to stand up to him. It was a very cool ending, I must say. Especially watching the statue of Zod in Metropolis while he was demanding that the other city leaders kneel before him. The dude deserved to win at some point.

I liked that they stayed loyal to what they were teasing all season. Brainiac taking Kandor was essential to Superman's eventual creation, as Adam said. And when Brainiac's takeover was thwarted and Seg ended up on the PZ, it changed the future with Zod winning and Superman's fate uncertain. It poses some questions though: If Zod is still around after Seg gets sucked into the PZ, that means Lyta is already pregnant with him? And if Seg's imprisonment means Superman doesn't exist, does that mean that Nyssa's child doesn't become Jor-El? And if that's the case, who will be Jor-El's mother in the future?

Is Brainiac gone for good? His ship is still on the outskirts of Kandor, the cities he bottled up still appear to be trapped and I don't think the Zone is enough to hold him.

Seg will obviously return. But this cliffhanger was telegraphed a bit. Once the title for the season finale was revealed, it was quite clear who would end up there. On the positive side, I liked him a lot in this episode. Especially the way he outsmarted Brainiac at the Fortress. He was also very heroic in regards to saving the planet and his loved ones. The love triangle was kept at a minimum as well.

Surprised to see Val-El return. Very few people stay dead on superhero shows these days, it seems. Looks like his storyline next season will be trying to bring back Seg with Nyssa and Jax-Ur's help. Maybe they will create a Seg clone using Cor-Vex's genetic matter.

Nyssa being a clone seems minimal at first, but maybe there's a bigger storyline that's planned involving the clones.

The Adam Strange stuff was very confusing. For example, the city he's been trapped on since episode 1.08 appears to be a modern day city (possibly Metropolis). But how did Brainiac capture a modern day city when he appears to exist 200 years prior? And why didn't Supeman stop him?

No news about Jayna and Daron-Vex's fates this week.

The final shot with Doomsday breaking his cage open was terrifying and cool all at once.

All in all, the season started off slowly but ended with a bang. Looks like Season 2 will be about freeing Seg, defeating Zod and restoring the timeline.
    Last edited by costas22; 05-24-2018, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Damn, they blew the show and the mythos wide open in this episode! They must have known that they would get a second season, otherwise this ending was written by Zod fans.

I liked that they stayed loyal to what they were teasing all season. Brainiac taking Kandor was essential to Superman's eventual creation, as Adam said. And when Brainiac's takeover was thwarted and Seg ended up on the PZ, it changed the future with Zod winning and Superman's fate uncertain. It poses some questions though: If Zod is still around after Seg gets sucked into the PZ, that means Lyta is already pregnant with him? And if Seg's imprisonment means Superman doesn't exist, does that mean that Nyssa's child doesn't become Jor-El? And if that's the case, who will be Jor-El's mother in the future?

Is Brainiac gone for good? His ship is still on the outskirts of Kandor, the cities he bottled up still appear to be trapped and I don't think the Zone is enough to hold him.

Seg will obviously return. But this cliffhanger was telegraphed a bit. Once the title for the season finale was revealed, it was quite clear who would end up there. On the positive side, I liked him a lot in this episode. Especially the way he outsmarted Brainiac at the Fortress. He was also very heroic in regards to saving the planet and his loved ones. The love triangle was kept at a minimum as well.

Surprised to see Val-El return. Very few people stay dead on superhero shows these days, it seems. Looks like his storyline next season will be trying to bring back Seg with Nyssa and Jax-Ur's help. Maybe they will create a Seg clone using Cor-Vex's genetic matter.

Nyssa being a clone seems minimal at first, but maybe there's a bigger storyline that's planned involving the clones.

The Adam Strange stuff was very confusing. For example, the city he's been trapped on since episode 1.08 appears to be a modern day city (possibly Metropolis). But how did Brainiac capture a modern day city when he appears to exist 200 years prior? And why didn't Supeman stop him?
      Some Theories Nyssa realizing she is not a Vex takes the El name and renames her son Jor el. (I am hoping this happens as I like Nyssa and Seg) Jor-El while a scientist was there during Zod's trial and gave the deciding vote. (Superman 2) This may still happen. Nyssa still has to think about who she is.

Depending on the source material, Zod launches a civil war that he eventually Lost and was imprisoned in the PZ shortly before Kryptons destruction. (tons of superman Lore on this smallville Man of Steel etc.)

Adam Strange stuff was kinda confusing too unless: Adam Strange was time jumped into the Future. Zod has/had an empire that included Earth. Cloning himself so that he is still alive in that Future (Genesis clones, as we have seen with Nyssa). At some point Brainiac escapes the phantom zone and takes future Metropolis as part of his collection.

Comment

This last episode was fantastic!

I was assuming that Zod was conceived the last time Seg and Lyta slept with each other, because Zod "knew" who his father was after it happened.

Seg really stepped up his game by trapping Brainiac. There is potential for his character. 🙂

Nyssa being a clone is interesting. I guess it doesn't matter if one is a clone in the matter of reproduction since it is all generated by computers.

Not sure what to think of Adam Strange being stuck in a conquered Metropolis with the statue of Zod. Does it mean that Brainiac still conquered it even after Zod changed the past?

Comment

Maybe Braniac was always meant to be sucked into the phantom zone and that the bottling of Kandor was meant to happen later like Adam thought. I am hoping Zod is not really Seg-El’s child...speaking of Zod, is it me or does Doomsday look like Zod in this version? If I’m right, then maybe they used the same actor in motion capture.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎