0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I like it. I voted right after I watched, so I voted 10/10 because of the Mystery girl reveal. Now that I have had 10 minutes to think about it, I would say 7/10. 😜

First of all, I am glad that the DeVoe storyline is over. I found him more annoying than scary. I found this resolution sort of anticlimactic, honestly. There was a huge build up, and it just landed flat.

I am glad the Cecile had her baby. What a gorgeous baby girl!

i am curious on who the other Speedster will be.

The most thrilling part of the episode was getting to meet Nora, and truthfully, that brought up my score a lot.

i
    Last edited by BethHG; 05-23-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Did anyone else get the impression that some of the scenes with Devoe and Barry were filmed separately? It felt like there were a lot of shots of just one or the other and not both at the same time.

Comment

Say what you will about season 2 and 3, but at least the finales showed Barry having to work really hard to defeat Zoom and Savitar, respectively. In this finale against Davoe, despite what Cecile was doing to help with her in a lot of pain and agony.....the final result was just really flat. For a crisis such as Davoe's enlightenment you'd think there would be a few deaths and just total chaos but it never felt like Central City was in total danger. And Barry, who has made some dumb decisions in current and previous seasons, really owned the smartest person in world in the end. A lot of those Davoe clones were just standing to side as Barry and Ralph raced through that portal, lol.

I don't know, maybe Davoe was so cocky and confident that he was going to win that he let his guard down a bit because Barry really never struggled in the final showdown, where as the past handful of episode he was always owned in battle against Davoe. Maybe the showrunners were going for a more light hearted finale and thus, fell flat with how everything turned out.

Comment

It was alright. The DeVoe arc dragged on a bit too long, but I am glad it's finally over. I never really felt that the team was facing impossible odds. Once Marlize sided with them, their odds for success went up substantially.

The only real surprise was what happened to Wells in the end. He lost much of his intelligence, but he "rediscovered" his heart. It was either truly touching, or a bit too melodramatic. A bit of both.

If Barry and Iris' kid from the future is here, then does this mean time travel is going to make an appearance in S5? I'd better prepare the carving knives -- because I won't be afraid to rip them a new one if they handle time travel badly again.😄 They have no excuses, with their 100th episode on-deck next season. LoT may no longer pay lip service to time travel rules, but The Flash still does.

Caitlin's KF arc was a bit convoluted this season, as if they're not sure how to proceed with it. They haven't really sold me on 'why' Caitlin needs to connect with KF, outside of the vague notion that will KF will always be a part of her.

Comment

JMO horrible season.. Doubt i'll be back for S5 I have never watched a show go downhill so fast..

Comment

Maybe Nora Jr helping Barry save the day is what caused the timeline to get screwed up. As for what she messed up, my choice would be that her time meddling led to the resurrection of the Reverse Flash on Earth-X, as it was shown in the crossover. The best way to keep Tom Cavanagh around anymore is to have him play Eobard Thawne again. Anything else will be too redundant and IMO they jumped the shark with the council of Harrisons concept.

Anyway, some of the stuff I heard or saw about this season was intriguing but all in all, I'm glad I didn't tune in to watch even one full episode again. Just like Arrow, it seems like The Flash learned little from its 3rd season mistakes (a bloated Team Flash, a hero on the team (Ralph) that takes up screentime for no reason, too much emphasis on romance, Iris getting Felicity-ed, etc etc) and delivered an underwhelming 4th season. And the ratings tally is quite damning:

- The show lost 22% of its audience and dropped 25% in demo. Not as huge as the losses that Arrow has suffered over the last 2 seasons, but the biggest losses that The Flash itself has suffered in its 4-year history.
              - The Season 4 ratings for The Flash are actually lower than the ratings for Season 4 of Arrow were. Which is very alarming in regards to what the ratings for the show will be like by the time it gets to Season 6...
              Last edited by costas22; 05-24-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

What's up everyone? I have only watched this season up to the crossover, sadly I'll have to catch up but this show has taken a backseat to a lot of other shows. Even from the first part of the season I thought Devoe was supposed to be Barry's greatest nemesis (I think that is what was said last season), I lost interest in how scary he actually was and never saw him as a threat and it made me very uninterested. Hoping for a much better S5 as I do miss watching this show but I can't get back into it. Having the DC universe failing in the movies also is not helping.

Comment

I guess a season without a Speedster Main Villain didn't really change things. I mean, the Davoe plotline started out on fire but it lost a lot of it after the 9th episode where they switched off to different actor and actresses. And with Nora Allen in the fold now, it's probably back to another Speedster Main Bad for season 5. It's just too bad they never really developed any of the Barry's Rogue Gallery villains because one each season as a recurring villain to back up the main villain might've made this show more enjoyable from start to finish....maybe. I think when we look back at this show when it's all said and done that their biggest goof was the low usage and underdevelopment of The Flash's Rogue Gallery. Like where is Weather Wizard? He hasn't been since in like forever.

Their 2nd might be Killer Frost....they just don't know what to do with her.

Comment

To be fair, they don't seem to know what to do with any of the women.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                      I guess a season without a Speedster Main Villain didn't really change things. I mean, the Davoe plotline started out on fire but it lost a lot of it after the 9th episode where they switched off to different actor and actresses. And with Nora Allen in the fold now, it's probably back to another Speedster Main Bad for season 5. It's just too bad they never really developed any of the Barry's Rogue Gallery villains because one each season as a recurring villain to back up the main villain might've made this show more enjoyable from start to finish....maybe. I think when we look back at this show when it's all said and done that their biggest goof was the low usage and underdevelopment of The Flash's Rogue Gallery. Like where is Weather Wizard? He hasn't been since in like forever.

Their 2nd might be Killer Frost....they just don't know what to do with her.
                      As cool as she is, Frost just doesn't have enough to be a main "big bad". At best it'd be like on Earth 2 were she'd be "hired muscle". There's no real threat from her for Barry anymore as he's dealt with enough Ice Villains in general now to know how to deal with them. So there's really no point in turning her heal now.

I think there dilemma comes from what to do with her as a good guy. If she goes full on Killer Frost one day, that comes the risk of bloating Team Flash again. At least as Kate, she has some purpose as team medic/science officer essentially (using star trek references here).

As for the other already locked up metas, again there's really no point. Barry's already beaten them, and he knows how to now. I think it's ok to keep them locked up and then maybe once every season or 2 have a bunch of them break out and team up for an episode as already seen a couple of episodes, but as one of's by themselves? No. There's no real threat from them singularly.

However that said now that Grodd's concluded his business on Legends I'd love for him to come back to Flash as a big bad. As he continues to evolve mentally and as a meta himself, he has more than it takes to fill a season. We may even get to see him develop/create more metas like Giganta or a proper Shade. I'd love for Grodd to form the entire Secret Society eventually.

Comment

So the season 4 curse IS a real thing with the CW shows. Makes me nervous for Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and anything else.

At the risk of sounding repetitive I do think these last 2 seasons of The Flash are weaker in comparison to the first 2, however I will say this year was a step up from last year. I will say that season 3 was melodramatic and dark and moody for a while and often for no real reason other than just to be that way, this year cut back on a lot of that. I also feel that unlike season 3, no episodes this year flat out pissed me off. Some episodes were flat and forgettable but nothing that actually made me angry for the week (cough *The Wrath of Savitar* cough)

I do miss Reverse Flash as a villain and was surprised the Crisis on Earth-X crossover was his only appearance on the show this year and I thought he should've been plotting some more stuff since he now managed to wiggle out of his non-existence yet again somehow.

I'm gonna need to do a full blown season 4 review to accurately express my feelings though.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          To be fair, they don't seem to know what to do with any of the women.
                          The CW likes to tout its equality messaging, but creatively aka where it should matter, they've done a poor job with the women.

Caitlin's "arcs" for three seasons involved losing a love interest. Her KF plot had potential, but they are still treading water with it and don't know where to go with it. Iris has essentially been Felicity'd in S4, with her really late return to blogging/reporting as a bit of a hail mary pass.

Felicity on Arrow? I'll say no more. They haven't done nearly enough with either BC's too. They pull the plug (literally) on Laurel in S4 just as she was coming into her own as a character and aren't doing enough to develop the new BC. I'll give them a point for going outside the box with "The Dragon" ep -- more quality airtime E2 Laurel had in one ep than in the entire season, but this is sadly the exception to the Berlantiverse rule. Thea's arc was uneven too (she was positively annoying in S1), though some of that is partly due to WH not being as invested in the series for two seasons.

And, is any female on Supergirl not named Kara getting the sort of character development that would be considered ideal or good? Alex's have been hit-or-miss. I'd like Lena to be more than just a proxy on the show for Lex Luthor but perhaps I'm being too naive. (Jimmy may have to be Felicity'd to stay relevant lol.)

I don't follow SG or LoT closely any longer, so I don't know if they have made improvements on that front or not. I feel Sara has been riding on her character's rep on Arrow for too long -- on LoT, I don't know if they've done enough development-wise for someone who's essentially the series lead.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            Iris getting Felicity-ed
                            Originally posted by President_Luthor
                            Iris has essentially been Felicity'd in S4
                            By this point in Arrow, Felicity had her own side story, supporting cast and villains, most of it was separated from the main characters and story for most of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                              As cool as she is, Frost just doesn't have enough to be a main "big bad". At best it'd be like on Earth 2 were she'd be "hired muscle". There's no real threat from her for Barry anymore as he's dealt with enough Ice Villains in general now to know how to deal with them. So there's really no point in turning her heal now.

I think there dilemma comes from what to do with her as a good guy. If she goes full on Killer Frost one day, that comes the risk of bloating Team Flash again. At least as Kate, she has some purpose as team medic/science officer essentially (using star trek references here).

As for the other already locked up metas, again there's really no point. Barry's already beaten them, and he knows how to now. I think it's ok to keep them locked up and then maybe once every season or 2 have a bunch of them break out and team up for an episode as already seen a couple of episodes, but as one of's by themselves? No. There's no real threat from them singularly.

However that said now that Grodd's concluded his business on Legends I'd love for him to come back to Flash as a big bad. As he continues to evolve mentally and as a meta himself, he has more than it takes to fill a season. We may even get to see him develop/create more metas like Giganta or a proper Shade. I'd love for Grodd to form the entire Secret Society eventually.

I meant in the sense of if they are going to have Caitlin as Killer Frost on a regular basis, then do so and give her more to work with. I really never thought they did all they could with that character. Put it this way, she didn't hit the max in KF storytelling....there's still a lot more they can do with that character.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎