Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We Are The Flash" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We Are The Flash" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down to tonight's Flash season finale and talk about it live as it airs!

Pics can be found here:

Pretty good finale. I noticed that the mystery girl played Plastique on Smallville. It made sense for them to take the fight to Devoe’s mind.

Comment

As convoluted as that season finale was, I’m glad that:
      1. DeVoe is gone
      2. Ralph is back
      3. Mystery girl, a mystery no more (Nora as opposed to Dawn Allen)

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        As convoluted as that season finale was, I’m glad that:
        1. DeVoe is gone
        2. Ralph is back
        3. Mystery girl, a mystery no more (Nora as opposed to Dawn Allen)
        Yeah me too. I wonder why they chose Nora and not Dawn. It would be good to introduce Dawn if they ever intended to introduce Impulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
          Yeah me too. I wonder why they chose Nora and not Dawn. It would be good to introduce Dawn if they ever intended to introduce Impulse.
          Though, I guess she takes after Barry (not leaving things well enough alone ) What she mess up??? It’s probably not just helping Barry with the satellite but, the other times she’s popped up.

Comment

I was more interested in the mystery girl than the Thinker wrap-up thought I'm glad they brought Ralph Dibny back and Cecilia survived. It wasn't surprising she's the daughter of Barry and Iris, but they went with a different name because they want it to fit the show rather than sticking with the comics. I hope for next season they reveal Iris is from the 31st Century and Nora is a member of the Legion of Superheroes.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Though, I guess she takes after Barry (not leaving things well enough alone ) What she mess up??? It’s probably not just helping Barry with the satellite but, the other times she’s popped up.
              lol. She probably messed up the timeline so much, that her future is no longer there and no doubt it’s tied in with the new villain.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
                I was more interested in the mystery girl than the Thinker wrap-up thought I'm glad they brought Ralph Dibny back and Cecilia survived. It wasn't surprising she's the daughter of Barry and Iris, but they went with a different name because they want it to fit the show rather than sticking with the comics. I hope for next season they reveal Iris is from the 31st Century and Nora is a member of the Legion of Superheroes.
                There is actually a recent arc in DC rebirth for the Justice League where there is a Nora Allen who is Barry’s daughter from the future...but the mother is Jessica Cruz, one of the current Earth Green Lanterns, not Iris as in her postapocalyptic future, Iris and Barry never got back together.

Comment

The payoff was lame. I mean, for all the effort that Barry and his team took to defeat Davoe and then to have it really simple and easy in the end...just felt really flat. I expected more fight out of The Thinker, but he was badly outsmarted by Barry, who at times has really been dumbfounded with some really dumb decisions.

The only positive for me here was Barry and his friends/family having happy moments together at the end for the first time in this show's history of season finales.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                    The payoff was lame. I mean, for all the effort that Barry and his team took to defeat Davoe and then to have it really simple and easy in the end...just felt really flat. I expected more fight out of The Thinker, but he was badly outsmarted by Barry, who at times has really been dumbfounded with some really dumb decisions.

The only positive for me here was Barry and his friends/family having happy moments together at the end for the first time in this show's history of season finales.
                    Maybe with Cecille being the bridge to DeVoe’s mind, she inadvertently transferred some of Barry’s bad decision making to DeVoe

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                      Maybe with Cecille being the bridge to DeVoe’s mind, she inadvertently transferred some of Barry’s bad decision making to DeVoe

Makes sense, lol

Comment

I'm just happy to have this Devoe story-line over with already. I do agree that some of the pay-off was lame, but that's what you get when the entire season was mostly sub-par to start with.

They completely wasted his potential as an truly chilling, dangerous villain by having him focus on pointless ******** like framing Barry and that courthouse trial. And for all the ways he kept on harping how smart he was....ehhh.

They finally showed his true potential as an villain with the episode where he was shown to be drugging his own wife into blind obedience, etc. But by then it was too late.
                        To fully maximize his ability to be an interesting villain, they should had made him like the first Harrison wells (who was RF in disguise). you know, a mentor who seems to want to do good, ends up being a villain after all. Instead of pinning him against the flash from the very start.

And you know something? They should've had that Weeper Metahuman be the first to appear, and then be nabbed by DeVoe even though they wouldn't know it was him right away. That way he could then secretly dose everyone on the flash team as well as his wife to ensure that they were gonna go along with whatever he wanted.
                        Picture it--everyone's seemingly in love with this guy for some reason, although they don't know why. And then Barry starts to feel suspicious, and feels like it's the first Harrison Wells situation all over again.

It wasn't smart of DeVoe to out himself to Barry right away. He should've had tried to be a friend to Barry first, because there was a 56% chance that it would've worked. Instead of constantly bragging about how smart he was, he should had simply kept on bring up statistics and the like to make himself sound more like a computer that just happened to be inhabiting a human body. And if he went after the weeper first and then used the weeper's abilities on everyone else to keep them close... well, that would had shown us how truly devious and dangerous he truly was.
                        Then naturally the flash team would feel angry and betrayed that DeVoe manipulated their feelings like that once they found out about the weeper.

Would've made the whole thing more personal, etc.

Comment

The first half of this episode should've been called "The Matrix Trilogy" with all the obvious references to that series. These last 2 episodes, at least for me, kinda redeemed the second half of this season a bit, I guess the writing staff was saving the best stuff for last. It was nice that the episode ended on a fairly light-hearted note as opposed to the extremely dramatic and tense stuff that happened in the previous 3 finales. I also like how unlike the other finales none of the main protagonists died at all leading up to it, and also Barry's mom didn't play any part in it, though I think that's because that trope might've been worn out by now.

Although someone named "Nora" did show up, and speaking of her I really thought she'd say she was Dawn Allen. I'm rather surprised at how many people are shocked she was Barry and Iris' kid, considering she popped up multiple times, had some cryptic talks and resembles both of them. Even her dad's habit of making big mistakes by way of time travel. So I expect in the season 5 premiere she'll delve into a good explanation of how she can be around at this time, what mistake she made (probably rewinding time to help Barry destroy the satellite) and what that means for the year.

Wally having only 4 minutes of screen time bugged me a bit because I was hoping he would factor in to beating DeVoe and like Joe said last week, he's on a time ship so he had no excuse not to make his baby sister's birth party. Also, Ralph is back! Yay!

I like how Iris, Barry and everyone else parted with Marlize on good terms and she went back to her old humanitarian life. I did like their team-up that was bound to happen since the midseason finale but honestly she got off easy considering she was partly responsible for getting Barry locked up earlier in the first place. But then she's just as much a victim of DeVoe as was everyone else so I think that makes sense. Also I did like how Barry thought about bringing in Supergirl, Ollie or Wally to fight DeVoe but was then told that wasn't gonna help, which makes sense given that Ollie is now in jail and Supergirl has her own problems to deal with.

Overall, pretty good last 2 episodes and I still think this season is better than season 3, but still inferior to the first 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                            To fully maximize his ability to be an interesting villain, they should had made him like the first Harrison wells (who was RF in disguise). you know, a mentor who seems to want to do good, ends up being a villain after all. Instead of pinning him against the flash from the very start.
                            Yeah but then everyone would have groaned because this would have been a rehash of seasons one and two.

Comment

So, is Tom Cavanagh leaving the show, or are we getting yet another version of Harrison/Harry/H.R. Wells next year? Or is his trip back to his home Earth temporary?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎