Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Let the Good Times Roll"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Let the Good Times Roll"?

So we begin, as always with the season finale, with “Carry On”. I look forward to that every season finale. And the scenes were well chosen, I thought.

Sam recapping the world today for the refugees (who seem to have figured out they are stuck since no archangel grace to get them back). Loved Bobby’s quips. Though how does Bobby know about the Apprentice? Was that on the air before the Apocalypse happened?

I was shocked that Dean, Sam, Cas and Jack were going after werewolves. I mean, don’t they have bigger things to worry about? But then I remembered that they don’t know about Michael and Luci in our world (though why the angels aren’t/weren’t gunning for Jack—since he is the only one left who can make new angels now—I don’t know).

We brought everyone back only to have them scatter? Charlie and Rowena are roadtripping, Ketch is gone (can he stay there?) and the rest seem to be scattering. Except Bobby, who wants to stay. He and Mary find a body in the woods, of one of the refugees. Knew that Michael or Lucifer killed her. When Lucifer didn’t want to bring her back, that cemented that he did it. So yeah, pretty obvious.

Jack and Dean talk and then they get called about the body. Jack goes after the guy he thinks killed her and Dean shoots Jack! Knew it wouldn’t hurt him but Jack’s reaction was priceless. Part hurt little boy and annoyed guy.

Castiel using Destiny’s Child band member names for FBI? I will never get used to Cas knowing pop culture references.

Jack castigating himself and he meets up with Lucifer. Who wants to travel the stars (obviously because he knows Michael will take over the world) with Jack. Who buys that line of guff! C’mon, kid.

Michael attacks and they catch him in the circle.

Luci and Jack leave. Michael breaks into the bunker and there’s a fight. I guess Sam and Dean didn’t have angel killing bullets in their guns? But why didn’t Sam, when he was knocked away from the fight, go get some?

Sam praying to Jack. That might have been my favorite moment of the episode. It’s canon that Sam prays (or did) and his plea to Jack was so sweet. As was Jack to the rescue! And finally, finally, Jack learned of Lucifer’s true nature. It bothers me a little that Jack was so blind to it for so long but I’m too pleased that he finally turned on Luci that I can’t stay mad. Lucifer’s line about “better gods than Dad” was so perfectly Lucifer. *applauds screenwriter*

Lucifer, Jack and Sam teleport out and Luci beats both boys up. Sam calls Jack family and Luci offers them a deal. One kill the other and he won’t destroy the world. At that instant, I knew that Sam would sacrifice himself (or try). And sure enough…but Jack turns the tables and tries to off himself. Sidenote: Jack’s “I love you” to Sam? Totally made me tear up. Second fave moment of episode. Then they are interrupted by Dean as the Michael sword.

Which, honestly, was SO telegraphed (for several episodes, IMO, and certainly in this one) that it was anti-climactic and predictable to the point of being disappointing (at least to me. And I’ve seen a lot of other fans say to them too.). Though I did love Dean’s entrance. “Hiya, Sammy.” Heh.

Anyone else think the wirework was…not good? Painfully obvious and you could almost see the wiring itself. Not believable at all. Especially Jensen’s stuff.

Dean/Michael ganks Lucifer (which, honestly, I was expecting more. When the Devil bites it shouldn’t there be a bigger reaction? Earthquakes, demons wailing, etc.) and he’s gone (for good?). I did like that Dean said “we did it” because some of part wanted Sam to finally get payback on Luci.

Then, to probably no one’s surprise at all (and definitely not mine) Michael goes back on the deal and takes Dean over. *yawns* Seriously, this was the big reveal? The big finale ender? Uh huh.

Also, where is our world Michael? He’s still in the cage, isn’t he? I mean, I know Luci said he was a ‘drooling mess’ or whatever but he’s still an archangel?! If the angels (and there are still only 9 or so, right? So a.) how is there even angel radio left? And b.) again, why are they not gunning for Jack?) are so depleted then why aren’t they bringing him out of the Cage? I mean, he might be a mess but he’s still an archangel and has his grace, right? I had pretty much figured that Dean was going to be possessed by a Michael in the finale but I was hoping it would be a twist of having it be the one from the Cage, not AU!Michael. Plus, poor Adam must be flayed alive by now. Would really like to see this plot point resolved (preferably before the end of the show).

Also, I know they filmed the episode before we knew about Wayward Sisters demise but to only mention Jody? Isn’t this an all hands on deck moment? And if not, Michael loose in Dean’s body surely is!

Okay, before this becomes a novel, let me just say that I loved some things (Jack still alive! And a good guy!), and hated others (the predictable-ness of Dean’s possession, that Lucifer’s death wasn’t ‘bigger’, so many dangling plot lines).

So yeah, mixed feelings on this one.
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

Hey you know who didn't show up was that dead DreamWalker's twin from the parallel universe who came across to our Earth like 10 weeks ago. They end an episode with her popping into this reality, ........ and then nothing else about that and her huge monster. I didn't lose my lunch over this. Until now. And the devil had to go, or else just have him take over the show as the lead. He could travel cross-country like the boys do, only instead of helping he'd find micro-pervish ways of messing with people who deserve it, sort of like a Punked meets Robin Hood weekly adventure. Alas, he's totally totally dead now Jim. Real hard. When we resume for season 35, Michael will have discovered Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
      Hey you know who didn't show up was that dead DreamWalker's twin from the parallel universe who came across to our Earth like 10 weeks ago. They end an episode with her popping into this reality, ........ and then nothing else about that and her huge monster. .
      Oh, good catch!

Yeah, I remember her and I'm guessing she was going to be the main villain or one of the first villains in the Wayward Sisters Pilot had it been picked up, but since it wasn't then there was no need to bring her back in the last handful of episodes in season 13.

Comment

I kinda forgot all about the dreamwalker's twin. But yeah, she was probably planned to be an enemy in the spin-off. Now that that is no longer happening, I wonder if she'll return in Season 14?

Comment

It was an interesting episode but I have missed most of the season, so I was kind of lost. Remember when Season 5 was supposed to be the last? So that dimension they were in was an alternate universe and the Michael is from that universe and not the one that possessed their half brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            So that dimension they were in was an alternate universe and the Michael is from that universe and not the one that possessed their half brother?
            Yep. A world where the Apocalypse happened (the boys not being around in that AU) and Michael killing Lucifer and laying waste to the Earth.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎