Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Board Master Aries83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,600

    #7.22 "Leaving Storybrooke" - SERIES FINALE!

    Well, I enjoyed it.

    Having it end the way it did made more sense than some bleak ending like a lot of shows seem to do now.

    I knew Rumple what Rumple was going to do (rip his heart out) before he did it. It makes sense, because it was the one thing he hadn't tried to get back to Belle.

    I liked what they did with "Dark Henry," although I'm not even going to try to explain/understand how two versions of the same person can even exist in the same place.

    Anyway, I liked it. What did everybody else think of the Series Finale?

  2. #2
    We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Where the Galaxy Calls
    Posts
    87,593
    ‘This is the fairytale story of how the Evil Queen transformed into The Good Queen’ is my interpretation of the series finale and the series as a whole. This was truly Regina’s story. We first met her crashing the Charmings ceremony at the palace and vowing to end their happy endings as the ‘Evil Queen’ and we end the series with her being escorted into the same palace and getting crowned ‘The Good Queen’. It came full circle.

    Speaking of which...With all the realms united did that mean that there were now multiple versions of the same fairytale characters co-existing together? I mean we saw all those different kingdoms beyond Storybrooke at the end of the episode.

    Anyway...

    I kind of wanted something different from Rumple’s one and only act of selflessness. If anyone was Rumple’s best friend it was Regina so, he would have given his heart to her in my alternative ending thus that sweet moment between Regina and him would have been an even more impactful scene. Rumple and Belle’s reunion should have been with them dancing to ‘Beauty and the Beast’, though it was still a good ending for Rumple.

    And as for Hook and Alice...The moment Alice defeated Gothel, should have been the point where that spell was broken.

    I really wish we had had a two-hour series finale. The first hour could have been Robin giving Alice the grand tour of Storybrooke; in route to the Charmings they could have came upon other familiar characters from the years besides Granny and the dwarfs. Than the last hour could have been what we got. That’s how I would have done it. Their hands were tied because of the cancellation but they still managed to end it wonderfully.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-19-2018 at 08:48 AM.

  3. #3
    Board Master Aries83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ‘This is the fairytale story of how the Evil Queen transformed into The Good Queen’ is my interpretation of the series finale and the series as a whole. This was truly Regina’s story. We first met her crashing the Charmings ceremony at the palace and vowing to end their happy endings as the ‘Evil Queen’ and we end the series with her being escorted into the same palace and getting crowned ‘The Good Queen’. It came full circle.
    I agree. I didn't really think it was necessary to dub her, "The Good Queen," though. That was a little over the top for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ‘With all the realms united did that mean that there were now multiple versions of the same fairytale characters co-existing together? I mean we saw all those different kingdoms beyond Storybrooke at the end of the episode.
    That's how I took it, that there are multiple versions of other characters (doubles, doppelgangers, whatever word you want to use...).

    I was kind of wondering why we didn't see "Prime Henry" AND Wish Realm Henry at the ceremony (or even more "doppelgangers,") but maybe they just couldn't afford it.

    I also wonder if the barriers that existed between realms before they were transported Storybrooke are still intact? Otherwise, that's a lot of people will the same face going back and forth...

    At any rate, if they ever decided to revisit the series (with a movie), at least they have something to work with.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ‘If anyone was Rumple’s best friend it was Regina so, he would have given his heart to her in my alternative ending thus that sweet moment between Regina and him would have been an even more impactful scene.
    I thought the exact same thing (that it was Regina who was his best friend) as she did that speech. Having Rumple say that to Wish Realm Hook just didn't feel right, mainly because it wasn't original Hook. Then again, I kinda felt like it was their way of trying to make Hook more relevant to the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ‘Rumple and Belle’s reunion should have been with them dancing to ‘Beauty and the Beast’, though it was still a good ending for Rumple.
    I totally agree. In fact, right before they started dancing, I thought I was going to hear the theme...

    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ‘I really wish we had had a two-hour series finale. The first hour could have been Robin giving Alice the grand tour of Storybrooke; in route to the Charmings they could have came upon other familiar characters from the years besides Granny and the dwarfs. Than the last hour could have been what we got. That’s how I would have done it. Their hands were tied because of the cancellation but they still managed to end it wonderfully.
    Yeah, I would preferred it ended as a 2-hour event last week instead of having to wait like we did. I bet the ratings would've been higher too.

  4. #4
    Custom Title jon-el87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,479
    Enjoyed it. Series finales are always a tricky thing. You're ending the show and try to wrap everything up. However, from an in-universe perspective, you have to ask "is this really the ending of the whole thing or just the end of this period?". Take Smallville, for example, the two-part finale was the end of the show. But, it was just the end of Clark's pre-Superman era. The Superman era (which they explored they early days of in the S11 comic) was just begining. Cheers ended with Sam closing the bar for the night. From an in-universe perspective, he just opened it as usual the next day. I like Regina's line at the end, that she refuses to believe that there won't be more adventures. It means that, while she has gotten her happy ending, there can still be adventures in this universe, if Disney ever decides to re-visit it. Either with some of the old characters or some new ones, from the vast Disney catalogue, that they never used on the show.

    I agree that it should've been a two-hour event. Thought Zorro being Lily's dad was a bit random.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    I was kind of wondering why we didn't see "Prime Henry" AND Wish Realm Henry at the ceremony (or even more "doppelgangers,") but maybe they just couldn't afford it.
    We kinda did see Prime Henry (through the guy who plays him as an adult). I didn't think much of it. Figured this took place some time after the teenage Henry left Storybrooke.

    I also wonder if the barriers that existed between realms before they were transported Storybrooke are still intact? Otherwise, that's a lot of people will the same face going back and forth...
    Not so sure about that. Only the enchanted forrest/Storybrooke and the Wish Realm appears to have been inhabited by exact doubles. With the people of the latter having never been cursed, so they're a good 30-something years older and the non-human characters would've retained their physical appearance (i.e. Jiminy Cricket is still a cricket, while the one from Storybrooke is a human). As we've seen with Jacinda and Ashley, there is more than one version of Cinderella, but they don't all look the same. In fact, with this being Disney, there's probably a realm with a Lily James-looking Cinderella, one with a Brandy-looking Cinderella and one with an Anna Kendrick-looking Cinderella. It's shame that (because of the obvious costs) we couldn't get a cameo from those three and characters from other Disney films, in the background of the final scene. Might've been fun.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •