No announcement yet.

Krypton #1.9 "Hope"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton #1.9 "Hope"

Thought I would create a thread and a poll.

What did everyone think?
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Ok, going first. All in all, I thought it was a strong episode that set up the finale quote well.

The big news obviously is Zod's parentage. It's a fresh twist on the character that actually makes sense and ties well with his future relationship with Jor-El. Traditionally they have such a love/hate relationship, that they came across as brothers anyway. Plus, if you are going to do a love triangle with Seg, you might as well have both women be the mothers of his future sons.

Speaking of Seg, the season is almost over and I'd lie if I said I was particularly invested in his character. The love triangle (which is now in full swing) aside, he just comes across as a character who doesn't know what he wants to do. His plans backfiring and getting people killed doesn't help either. Krypton has a number of interesting characters (Jayna, Nyssa, Zod, Adam...). I wish the main character was one of them as well.

Really interested to see what happens with Jayna next and if Daron survives.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22

The big news obviously is Zod's parentage. It's a fresh twist on the character that actually makes sense and ties well with his future relationship with Jor-El. Traditionally they have such a love/hate relationship, that they came across as brothers anyway. Plus, if you are going to do a love triangle with Seg, you might as well have both women be the mothers of his future sons.
      Yeah, it’s an intriguing twist that Zod and Jor-El are half brothers. The more intriguing relationship we won’t see is of course Zod and his nephew Clark. Though, as we saw Zod puts duty above family.

Speaking of Seg, the season is almost over and I'd lie if I said I was particularly invested in his character. The love triangle (which is now in full swing) aside, he just comes across as a character who doesn't know what he wants to do. His plans backfiring and getting people killed doesn't help either. Krypton has a number of interesting characters (Jayna, Nyssa, Zod, Adam...). I wish the main character was one of them as well.
      Yeah, I agree. I find everyone else more interesting than Seg at this point.

Comment

It was such a superb finale. I really enjoyed it thoroughly.

I also agree with others here that Seg-El is kind of a bland character, but in a way that's not so bad. Because he's basically a plot vehicle... he's the one character who moves along the plot, and is the character by which all the far more interesting characters are connected to. So that's just his role, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          Yeah, it’s an intriguing twist that Zod and Jor-El are half brothers. The more intriguing relationship we won’t see is of course Zod and his nephew Clark. Though, as we saw Zod puts duty above family.
          He does and from what we've heard, it doesn't sound like he has much regard for Supes and what he's done on Earth. As if they are not even related.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon

I also agree with others here that Seg-El is kind of a bland character, but in a way that's not so bad. Because he's basically a plot vehicle... he's the one character who moves along the plot, and is the character by which all the far more interesting characters are connected to. So that's just his role, you know?
          He does work as a character if you look at it from that perspective. I just don't think that was their intention. He's the character we are supposed to root for and relate to and it just hasn't worked until now.

Anyway, just to clarify, this episode was the penultimate episode. The season finale is next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon

Isn't the finale next week?

I like the notion that Gen Zod is from both houses of Zod and El. I am curious on who saved Jayna. Also I was very surprised that Nyssa came back to save Seg.

Comment

The person who saved Jayna was her brother. He had the same eyes as the kid we saw her fight with in those flashbacks.

Comment

The person who saved Jayna was her brother. He had the same eyes as the kid we saw her fight with in those flashbacks.

That is is what I was thinking. I have been waiting for him to show up, but of course, I thought Zod was the brother when he showed up.

Seg showed a tiny glimmer of charisma with his speech to the Sagitari and Black Zero, so hopefully, he will exhibit more in the next show.

Comment

I was thinking th same thing. Yes, I only just caught up with Krypton as a free trial for Crave (like Netflix) in Canada.

Comment

I have a feeling that this Zod reveal is a misdirect and it was Zod’s way of trying to gain Seg-El’s trust.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎